Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

New Update Whatsapp Android Allows Users To Notify Contacts When They Change The - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / New Update Whatsapp Android Allows Users To Notify Contacts When They Change The (1745 Views)

Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range / Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter / Facebook Adds Face Recognition Feature Which Notify Users When They Are Spotted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Update Whatsapp Android Allows Users To Notify Contacts When They Change The by kam1992: 8:30pm On Apr 07, 2018
WhatsApp has started rolling out a new feature to those using the Android beta version of the messaging app. Now, when a user changes his/hers WhatsApp phone number, the subscriber will be given the option to alert his/her contacts of the new number via a notification. Found on WhatsApp for Android beta version 2.18.97, the "Change Number feature" offers three notification options.

The three choices users have are to notify all contacts about the new phone number, notify only those contacts that the user has chatted with, or notify those contacts hand-picked by the user. To send the notification, WhatsApp beta members should go to WhatsApp Settings > Account > Change number. In the top-right corner, users will see "Next." The subscriber taps on it, types in the old and new phone numbers, clicks on "Next" again and enables the Notify my contacts option. The user will then have to choose from all contacts, contacts that you’ve chats with, or custom.

We expect to see this new capability eventually make it to the final version of the app for Android, iOS and Windows users. So far, WhatsApp has not given a time frame for the global launch of the "Change Number" feature.
Sources: http://mycybergist.com/2018/04/new-update-whatsapp-android-allows-users-to-notify-contacts-when-they-change-their-wa-number

Re: New Update Whatsapp Android Allows Users To Notify Contacts When They Change The by clems93(m): 8:36pm On Apr 07, 2018
NICE FEATURE
Re: New Update Whatsapp Android Allows Users To Notify Contacts When They Change The by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 07, 2018
Lalasticlacla leave bbniaja and cum fast

Iphone users right now!!!

1 Like

Re: New Update Whatsapp Android Allows Users To Notify Contacts When They Change The by kam1992: 8:50pm On Apr 07, 2018
Cool
Re: New Update Whatsapp Android Allows Users To Notify Contacts When They Change The by Damoxy(m): 9:39pm On Apr 07, 2018
All I want from WhatsApp now is a NIGHT MODE Feature.

1 Like

Re: New Update Whatsapp Android Allows Users To Notify Contacts When They Change The by AnodaIT(m): 11:12am On Apr 08, 2018
Damoxy:
All I want from WhatsApp now is a NIGHT MODE Feature.

Get the latest GBWhatsApp 6.30 April Update for more features
Re: New Update Whatsapp Android Allows Users To Notify Contacts When They Change The by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 08, 2018
Copy copy. GB WhatsApp has similar feature
Re: New Update Whatsapp Android Allows Users To Notify Contacts When They Change The by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 08, 2018
WhatsApp dey learn work. On Telegram, one can use three different numbers in one app.

I can even copy a link to a message from Telegram and post it here, when one clicks on the the link, it will open on Telegram, if the person has Telegram.

1 Like

Re: New Update Whatsapp Android Allows Users To Notify Contacts When They Change The by HallaDaTruth: 7:38pm On Apr 08, 2018
When will Whatsapp give us , channels or page
Re: New Update Whatsapp Android Allows Users To Notify Contacts When They Change The by HallaDaTruth: 7:40pm On Apr 08, 2018
I am shocked by the fact that Nigerians are not really embracing Telegram . Whatsapp looks outdated when compared side by side with telegram. Currently am using Telegram X.
Re: New Update Whatsapp Android Allows Users To Notify Contacts When They Change The by olayinkajnr(m): 9:59pm On Apr 08, 2018
asuustrike2009:
Copy copy. GB WhatsApp has similar feature

Actually, the real WhatsApp has all the features GB WhatsApp or any other modded WhatsApp has. It only takes a code to activate it.

For instance, if you change your number on GB WhatsApp and you notify your contacts, they won't get it? Why? Because it has not been activated on the server side.

And all modded WhatsApp are based on the non-beta version of WhatsApp.

I just hope you'll understand me better.
Re: New Update Whatsapp Android Allows Users To Notify Contacts When They Change The by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 08, 2018
olayinkajnr:

Actually, the real WhatsApp has all the features GB WhatsApp or any other modded WhatsApp has. It only takes a code to activate it.

For instance, if you change your number on GB WhatsApp and you notify your contacts, they won't get it? Why? Because it has not been activated on the server side.

OK sir
Re: New Update Whatsapp Android Allows Users To Notify Contacts When They Change The by Nobody: 11:33pm On Apr 08, 2018
olayinkajnr:

I do thanks for the clarification. I really appreciate

(1) (Reply)

How To Unlock Iphone In Nigeria / Blu Vivo XI (fullscreen + Notch Display) / ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.