Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,052 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Whats Your Opinion On These Phones? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whats Your Opinion On These Phones? (2639 Views)

Whats Your Take On This TCL Smart TV? / Whatsapp Will Stop Working On These Phones By February 2020; Here’s Why / Whatsapp Will Not Be Available On These Phones From December 31, 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats Your Opinion On These Phones? by yungchap(m): 5:12am On Apr 08, 2018
Hello folks,

I intend going for either of this phones: HTC Desire 10 pro & Samsung S7 Edge. Which is better interms of the following...

* Durability

* Over heating of battery

* Camera and more...

Please, kindly state your sincere reasons. Factual views are highly welcome from Experience users.

Thanks..
Re: Whats Your Opinion On These Phones? by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 08, 2018
Galaxy s7 edge hands down. Better processor (snapdragon 820 vs mtk helio p10), better camera with f/1.7 lens (forget that the HTC has 20mp nonsense, the aperture is f/2.2, just like most Chinese phones that sell megapixels, Samsung 12mp is better). HTC has never been known for good cameras anyway.

As for durability, the HTC wins because it's aluminium back vs glass. But I've never seen anyone that uses these phones withiut a case anyway, both phones are slippery so a case with provide protection.

Battery? S7 edge has 3,600mah battery, htc has 3,000. In fact the s7 edge is one of the best Samsung phones with better battery life. Also s7 edge wins hands down in terms of display (1440p super AMOLED vs 1080p ips LCD). It also has more cool features.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats Your Opinion On These Phones? by yungchap(m): 10:25am On Apr 08, 2018
More comments...
Re: Whats Your Opinion On These Phones? by wolfenstein(m): 7:04pm On Apr 08, 2018
and wen d s7 edge falls and d screen breaks u can go use around 80k to change it........pick d one u know ur money can fix wen it spoils

2 Likes

Re: Whats Your Opinion On These Phones? by yungchap(m): 8:46pm On Apr 08, 2018
greenhulk:
Gakacy s7 edge hands down. Better processor (snapdragon 820 vs mtk helio p10), better camera with f/1.7 lens (forget that the HTC has 20mp nonsense, the aperture is f/2.2, just like most Chinese phones that sell megapixels, Samsung 12mp is better). HTC has never been known for good cameras anyway.

As for durability, the HTC wins because it's aluminium back vs glass. But I've never seen anyone that uses these phones withiut a case anyway, both phones are slippery so a case with provide protection.

Battery? S7 edge has 3,600mah battery, htc has 3,000. In fact the s7 edge is one of the best Samsung phones with better battery life. Also s7 edge wins hands down in terms of display (1440p super AMOLED vs 1080p ips LCD). It also has more cool features.

Thanks alot for your comment..

However, I'm not so keen about Camera clarity . One thing I'm just so concern with is Durability and so scared of a OVER HEATING of a phone. But I so love the storage capacity of the HTC which is 64GB and 4GB Ram..

More comments are welcome though..
Re: Whats Your Opinion On These Phones? by yungchap(m): 8:47pm On Apr 08, 2018
wolfenstein:
and wen d s7 edge falls and d screen breaks u can go use around 80k to change it........pick d one u know ur money can fix wen it spoils

Thanks alot
Re: Whats Your Opinion On These Phones? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 08, 2018
wolfenstein:

Expensive but not up to 80k, but at least u can easily buy the display. I'm pretty sure u can't find the display of the HTC desire 10 pro allover computer village
Re: Whats Your Opinion On These Phones? by wolfenstein(m): 9:49pm On Apr 08, 2018
greenhulk:

Expensive but not up to 80k, but at least u can easily buy the display. I'm pretty sure u can't find the display of the HTC desire 10 pro allover computer village
I got a Samsung s7 edge which I ve dumped one side cos of the screen, u can order d HTC screen if u ve issues and I'm sure it won't b expensive. Even if d Samsung screen isn't upto 80k atleast it will pass 60k
Re: Whats Your Opinion On These Phones? by wolfenstein(m): 9:51pm On Apr 08, 2018
yungchap:

Thanks alot for your comment..

However, I'm not so keen about Camera clarity . One thing I'm just so concern with is Durability and so scared of a OVER HEATING of a phone. But I so love the storage capacity of the HTC which is 64GB and 4GB Ram..

More comments are welcome though..
how much do u ve for a phone. I got a brand-new xiaomi mi A1 64gb/4gb ram for 80k. Its a very nice phone, u can check d specs online.
Re: Whats Your Opinion On These Phones? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Apr 08, 2018
wolfenstein:

I got a Samsung s7 edge which I ve dumped one side cos of the screen, u can order d HTC screen if u ve issues and I'm sure it won't b expensive. Even if d Samsung screen isn't upto 80k atleast it will pass 60k

Like I said it's expensive, it's a curved display. Around 80k when it first came out in 2016. Now we have s8 and s9 so the price will be around 50-60 now. Price u pay for luxury
Re: Whats Your Opinion On These Phones? by Nobody: 12:13am On Apr 09, 2018
Op, which other comment are you looking for? Greenhulk has done justice to your question and even took his time to explain. That HTC is no where near Samsung S7 edge. I have the s8+ but I prefer the s7 edge because it feels like a thousand dollars. Since I upgraded it to 8.0 beta, the phone is more powerful than I ever imagined. And for those of you complaining about cost of the screen, lol. Anyone using a Samsung with an amoled screen already knows how to properly use a phone without dropping it on the floor because they know how much the screen is worth. I don't think any careless person goes near Samsung, not like the screen breaks easily but if you know you just came from infinx and Tecno and you smashed the screen somehow, please don't come near Samsung.
Re: Whats Your Opinion On These Phones? by yungchap(m): 9:09am On Apr 09, 2018
grossintel:
Op, which other comment are you looking for? Greenhulk has done justice to your question and even took his time to explain. That HTC is no where near Samsung S7 edge. I have the s8+ but I prefer the s7 edge because it feels like a thousand dollars. Since I upgraded it to 8.0 beta, the phone is more powerful than I ever imagined. And for those of you complaining about cost of the screen, lol. Anyone using a Samsung with an amoled screen already knows how to properly use a phone without dropping it on the floor because they know how much the screen is worth. I don't think any careless person goes near Samsung, not like the screen breaks easily but if you know you just came from infinx and Tecno and you smashed the screen somehow, please don't come near Samsung.

Does the Samsung S7 Edge over heat?

Cuz I'm presently using HTC desire 626s but I'm seriously experiencing over heating, so wouldn't want to experience such again
Re: Whats Your Opinion On These Phones? by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 09, 2018
yungchap:

Cuz I'm presently using HTC desire 626s but I'm seriously experiencing over heating, so wouldn't want to experience such again

No it doesn't overheat. Used it for 11 months and I'm a heavy user. No heating whatsoever, even in VR mode it hardly overheats. The phone has liquid cooling built into it so it can withstand hours of use when in VR mode. So my brother, if u don't use VR then u won't experience any heating not to talk of overheating.
Re: Whats Your Opinion On These Phones? by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 09, 2018
yungchap:

It can get really hot only when in VR but it has an inbuilt liquid cooling system but the HTC doesn't, so HTC can over heat and even shut down but the s7 edge won't ever heat to that extent. I can't remember my phone getting too hot except when in VR and the room isn't ventilated or the fan and AC is turned off, I also have the S6 and mehn that phone can heat for Africa grin, but I have a friend who uses HTC one x, hmm as long as the phone is on, the phone will get soo very hot �.
Re: Whats Your Opinion On These Phones? by yungchap(m): 8:34pm On Apr 09, 2018
greenhulk:

No it doesn't overheat. Used it for 11 months and I'm a heavy user. No heating whatsoever, even in VR mode it hardly overheats. The phone has liquid cooling built into it so it can withstand hours of use when in VR mode. So my brother, if u don't use VR then u won't experience any heating not to talk of overheating.

Thanks alot for your splendid response.

What's the meaning of VR?
Re: Whats Your Opinion On These Phones? by yungchap(m): 8:35pm On Apr 09, 2018
grossintel:
It can get really hot only when in VR but it has an inbuilt liquid cooling system but the HTC doesn't, so HTC can over heat and even shut down but the s7 edge won't ever heat to that extent. I can't remember my phone getting too hot except when in VR and the room isn't ventilated or the fan and AC is turned off, I also have the S6 and mehn that phone can heat for Africa grin, but I have a friend who uses HTC one x, hmm as long as the phone is on, the phone will get soo very hot �.

I quite appreciate your response!
Re: Whats Your Opinion On These Phones? by yungchap(m): 8:37pm On Apr 09, 2018
@greenhulk

@grossintel

What's the cost of a Brandnew and London used of the Samsung S7 Edge??
Re: Whats Your Opinion On These Phones? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 09, 2018
yungchap:

@greenhulk

@grossintel

Brand new: between 160k - 200k
Used: Around 95k

yungchap:

Virtual reality. Samsung sells their own virtual reality headset called gear VR, u put ur phone into it and wear it on ur face to be immersed into the world of virtual reality, its really an enjoyable experience, but it puts the phone to its maximum power that it starts to heat up but still won't overheat to the point of shutting down.

1 Like

Re: Whats Your Opinion On These Phones? by Nobody: 12:14am On Apr 10, 2018
greenhulk:

Brand new: between 160k - 200k
Used: Around 95k

Virtual reality. Samsung sells their own virtual reality headset called gear VR, u put ur phone into it and wear it on ur face to be immersed into the world of virtual reality, its really an enjoyable experience, but it puts the phone to its maximum power that it starts to heat up but still won't overheat to the point of shutting down.
Lol, when I first started using it, I always get motion sickness but not anymore.
Re: Whats Your Opinion On These Phones? by MarkWayne89: 9:56am On Apr 11, 2018
I would suggest Samsung Galaxy. These are some of the best phones on the market.
Re: Whats Your Opinion On These Phones? by yungchap(m): 4:35pm On Apr 11, 2018
yungchap:

@greenhulk

@grossintel

Is the Samsung S7 Edge a dual sim??
Re: Whats Your Opinion On These Phones? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 11, 2018
yungchap:

The dual SIM is more expensive than the single sim
Re: Whats Your Opinion On These Phones? by bobo65(m): 5:27pm On Apr 11, 2018
greenhulk:

The dual SIM is more expensive than the single sim

Super way more expensive
Re: Whats Your Opinion On These Phones? by bobo65(m): 5:28pm On Apr 11, 2018
@op
S7 edge
Currently using it
If ur screen falls, it will crack but it will still be usable

Phone is worth it
Re: Whats Your Opinion On These Phones? by yungchap(m): 11:12pm On Apr 11, 2018
Thanks alot everyone for your Great response .
Re: Whats Your Opinion On These Phones? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Apr 11, 2018
yungchap:

No the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Duos is.
Re: Whats Your Opinion On These Phones? by starbuck(f): 9:10am On Apr 12, 2018
Greenhulk grossintel .... please between infinix note 3 and Ginoee m5 or it's plus , which do you advise I buy ( considering long lasting battery ) ... please how much for each of the phones (brand new )....
Re: Whats Your Opinion On These Phones? by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 12, 2018
starbuck:
Greenhulk grossintel .... please between infinix note 3 and Ginoee m5 or it's plus , which do you advise I buy ( considering long lasting battery ) ... please how much for each of the phones (brand new )....

Personally I will pick the note 3. Gionee m5 is kinda old for 2018, it has a poor 720p display, doesn't have a fingerprint sensor and it's too heavy due to it's huge battery. But if u really need that battery and don't mind the display and weight then go for it. Though the infinix note 3 has some good stamina too with it's 4,500mah battery (can last 1- 2 days depending on usage) and I like that it has a FHD display.

Note 3 is sold for around 52k
Gionee m5 I don't know it's process as it's scarse to get right now unless from people that have some really old stock. Should be between 45-60k

1 Like

Re: Whats Your Opinion On These Phones? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 12, 2018
yungchap:

Thanks alot for your splendid response.

This is what it looks like watching movies with the Samsung gear VR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW7gqvxRMak
Re: Whats Your Opinion On These Phones? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 12, 2018
starbuck:

I will choose Infinix note 3 over Gionee M 5 for some key reasons.

Display: Gionee M5 has an amoled display, so the colors will appear rich and the blacks will be literally black but don't let this fool you. It has a poor display ppi of (267ppi) as against infinx note 3 (367ppi) so your eyes can easily spot individual pexils but would be harder on the infinix note 3. Infinx note 3 also has a bigger screen of 6.0 inches IPS display compared to 5.5 inches on Gionee M5

Android version: Android 7.0 is aging, but Android 5.0 is now too old in 2018. Infinix note 3 runs 6.0 but can be upgraded over the air to 7.0 and all you have to do is turn on your cellular network and wait for it to prompt you to download the update. Make sure you have enough data and battery for that.

Processor: I don't need to say much about this, but just know that Infinix note 3 is two times faster that Gionee m5.

Fingerprint sensor: gone are the days people type passwords or use patterns to unlock their phones. And Gionee M 5 has no fingerprint sensor. Except your previous phone has no fingerprint sensor, don't buy this phone. You will find it very annoying and slow.

I'm not sure of the current prices so I rather not say, you can visit Slot or 3C Hub.

2 Likes

Re: Whats Your Opinion On These Phones? by starbuck(f): 4:53pm On Apr 12, 2018
God bless you both Greenhulk grossintel...
I will go for note 3 then

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Doesn't Boot After Update To Android Version 9 / Lg 32inches Original TV For Sale / Oukitel C17 Pro Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.