Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,447 members, 7,816,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? (25533 Views)

Is Drinking Alcohol A Sin? What Does The Bible Say? / Is Marrying A Non Christian Really Against Christiandom? / Is God Biaz (christiandom) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by vchykp(m): 7:47am On Apr 08, 2018
Is alcohol a sin?

This particular topic has been bothering me, i once asked a Rev Father, who said its not a sin.

On the contrary i met another man of God(prophet) who said alcohol has an evil spirit in it, it has demons that controls who ever takes it.

But on friday, my cousin who happens to be a prophet came around and has been drinking Williams(beer) comfortably from my fridge and he said neither can alcohol stop his gift of prophecy nor possess him with demon.

I really need help concerning this topic and scriptures to back it up.

#thanks

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Johnnyakins: 7:55am On Apr 08, 2018
Let ur concience judge. #HAPPY SUNDAY

11 Likes

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by hisgrace090: 7:59am On Apr 08, 2018
What goes into a man cannot destroy a man says our lord Jesus.

Alcohol is food but should not be taken in excess.

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by PharmaGirl(f): 8:03am On Apr 08, 2018
kiss
Alcohol is not a sin.
What the bible condemned is drunkenness.

Just like eating is no sin but gluttony is.

123 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by xtivin(m): 8:06am On Apr 08, 2018
Not a sin, but alcohol is not for kings and as Christians we are kings because we are of the royal priesthood of God.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by MhizzAJ(f): 8:09am On Apr 08, 2018
How is alcohol a sin
It becomes a sin when taken in excess
Everything should be done in moderation

18 Likes

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by ayoku777(m): 8:09am On Apr 08, 2018
Alcohol is not a sin in scripture, getting drunk is what scripture rebukes.

Ephesians 5:18
[18] And BE NOT DRUNK with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

So alcohol is not a sin. Even the wine that was used by the early church for Holy communion was an alcoholic wine

1 Corinthians 11:20-21
[20]When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.

[21]For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.

Paul was rebuking some of the Corinthian believers for getting drunk on the communion wine. You can't get drunk on wine that is not alcoholic. So the Holy communion wine they used was alcoholic.

Shalom

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Ifesinachi22(m): 8:14am On Apr 08, 2018
There is no where in the Bible that has it clearly "Don't drink alcohol", Rather you will see things like Drunkards will not enter the kingdom of God.

Paul told Timothy to stop drinking water and drink wine instead because of his health.
Catholics use wine (May not be alcoholic) and holy communion together.
Finally Jesus turned water into wine which became the best wine in wedding.

Drinking alcohol is not a sin. Drinking in excess is what is a sin.
My humble opinion

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by pyyxxaro: 8:21am On Apr 08, 2018
Is alcohol a sin in buhari's religion undecided

OP go and read 1Timothy 5: 23

You would know drinking is allowed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by hisgrace090: 8:25am On Apr 08, 2018
Ifesinachi22:
There is no where in the Bible that has it clearly "Don't drink alcohol", Rather you will see things like Drunkards will not enter the king of God.

Paul told Timothy to stop drinking water and drink wine instead because of his health.
Catholics use wine (May not be alcoholic) and holy communion together.
Finally Jesus turned water into wine which became the best wine in wedding.

Drinking alcohol is not a sin. Drinking in excess is what is a sin.
My humble opinion

But in bible time alcoholic was used for holy communion, 1st Corinth 11:20-22. This place state clearly how the holy communion was taken before our over rightouse Pentecostals start using fruit juice for holy communion.

Again drinking in excess bad is never your humble opinion, but Gods wish.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Hiswordxray(m): 8:29am On Apr 08, 2018
vchykp:
Is alcohol a sin?

This particular topic has been bothering me, i once asked a Rev Father, who said its not a sin.

On the contrary i met another man of God(prophet) who said alcohol has an evil spirit in it, it has demons that controls who ever takes it.

But on friday, my cousin who happens to be a prophet came around and has been drinking Williams(beer) comfortably from my fridge and he said neither can alcohol stop his gift of prophecy nor possess him with demon.

#thanks
Just as food is not a sin but glutton is the sin, so also alcohol is not sin but drunkenness is the sin.

If fact in the Old Testament God commanded them to come to the temple and drink alcohol as a form of worship to Him.

"If the place of worship is too far from your home for you to carry there the tithe of the produce that the Lord has blessed you with, then do this: Sell your produce and take the money with you to the one place of worship. Spend it on whatever you want—beef, lamb, wine, beer—and there, in the presence of the Lord your God, you and your families are to eat and enjoy yourselves." (Deu 14:24-26).

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by NwaAmaikpe: 8:39am On Apr 08, 2018
shocked

Consuming alcohol is not a sin.

That's why the wine used in the biblical last supper was alcoholic as is still used today in the Catholic church.

After drinking it, most of them got high.
Judas betrayed Jesus under the influence of alcohol.
Peter denied Jesus under the influence of alcohol.
Peter sliced Malchus's ear because he was high. (John 18:10)

Finally, the disciples couldn't keep awake in the garden of Gethsemane because they were tipsy from the wine (Luke 22:39-46)

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by san316(m): 8:39am On Apr 08, 2018
Here to read comments and judge Christians. Where is my wig sef...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by AceRoyal: 8:40am On Apr 08, 2018
NO it's not, the Bible is only against excessive consumption of alcohol or anything which is Gluttony.

1 Like

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 8:40am On Apr 08, 2018
Alcohol is sin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:40am On Apr 08, 2018
vchykp:
Is alcohol a sin?

#thanks

ALL THE TRICKS YOUR MEN DO ON TV ARE CARRIED OUT UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF EXCESSIVE ALCOHOL.

NO SOBER & STABLE PERSON CAN GENUINELY PULL OFF THESE MOVES WITHOUT SIPPING SOMETHING FIRST.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by trapQ: 8:40am On Apr 08, 2018
Why did God send the Angel to deliver a message about John the Baptist not taking strong drink (alcohol)?

2 Likes

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by CSTR1002: 8:41am On Apr 08, 2018
God forbade all his prophets from drinking.

Solomon also said it is not for kings to drink wine. He said wine should be given to those about to perish So they can drink and forget their sorrow.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by olowobaba10: 8:41am On Apr 08, 2018
NO!

1 Like

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by martineverest(m): 8:41am On Apr 08, 2018
even though I don't take alcohol,it's not a sin......I believe it's a sin when the person becomes drunk and become unconscious

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by alphacyborg(m): 8:41am On Apr 08, 2018
No, didn't Christ himself drink wine ? Or you think wine is soft drink ? Didn't Christ turn water into wine ? Bro the rules is never drink more than your body can take. Happy Sunday people kiss

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by martineverest(m): 8:43am On Apr 08, 2018
CSTR1002:
God forbade all his prophets from drinking.

Solomon also said it is not for kings to drink wine. He said wine should be given to those about to perish So they can drink and forget their sorrow.
Pope Benedict ix drank beer at German beer festival last yr

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Lexusgs430: 8:44am On Apr 08, 2018
Water was turned into wine, it was written.....

2 Likes

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by dotcomnamename: 8:44am On Apr 08, 2018
Alcohol is not a sin, but too much of it to the extent of getting drunk is a sin. Imo.

2 Likes

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by allanphash7(m): 8:44am On Apr 08, 2018
I dont know but i know this

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by matrix199(m): 8:45am On Apr 08, 2018
Nope!

1 Like

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by teemy(m): 8:46am On Apr 08, 2018
drunkeness is what's described as sinful in bible terms. however, some have expanded drinking to the mix. to be fair, not all can hold their liquor and am sure you would have seen one or two people misbehave under influence by breaking their limits.
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Ifeanyi4491(m): 8:46am On Apr 08, 2018
Drinking alcohol is not a sin, but
drunkenness is.

1 Like

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Kylexy3000(m): 8:46am On Apr 08, 2018
Now temme, how will you drink alcohol without being drunk.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by HeyCorleone(m): 8:46am On Apr 08, 2018
Alcohol isn't only found in Beers. It's present in whiskeys, wines, spirits and all sorts.

Anyways what the Bible is against is moderation. A glass or 2 every now and then doesn't amount to drunkenness therefore it is acceptable. I believe the reason why it is discouraged is because people usually don't know where to stop.

And to members of "Holier than thou" Pentecostal churches who use fruit juice and slice bread for communion, how do y'all feel? Don't you think y'all just be deceiving yourselves? The only thing y'all know how to do is accuse Catholics of worshipping Mary, yet the Bible dropped the correct direction on how Holy communion should be prepared and yall are doing the contrary. "unleavened bread and wine". Unleavened bread us bread without yeast, that's why Orthodox churches use Wafer, and the Wine, such as 12 Apostles, is usually alcoholic, but is administered in small amounts, infact drops, so how do you want to get drunk on it?!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Earthquake1: 8:47am On Apr 08, 2018
Paul was a drunkard

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? / I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka / Five things Nigerian Pastors do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.