Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,713 members, 7,851,433 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:13 PM

Things To Know About Oxford University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Things To Know About Oxford University (949 Views)

Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University / Joshua Beckford, Oxford University Youngest Student, Admitted At 6, Graduated 14 / Hadiza Balarabe Receives Joshua Beckford, Oxford University Graduate At 14 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Things To Know About Oxford University by 24hoursreporter: 12:07pm On Apr 08, 2018
Oxford University is one of the world most renowned university located in Oxford, England. It has been in existence from time immemorial. Nobody can accurately state when the institution was founded. However, there are records of academic activities in the university as far back as 1096.This record makes Oxford university the oldest institution in the English speaking world and the second oldest in the world.

As the passion to study abroad increases among people, here are certain things to know about Oxford University.

Quick facts about Oxford University
Address: The institution is located in Oxford OX1 2JD, UK

Undergraduate tuition and fees: As at 2017, the fee was 9250 GBP

Founded: Oxford, United Kingdom

Acceptance rate: 17.5% as at 2015

Vice Chancellor: Louise Richardson as at 2017

However, Oxford University has different institutions that are self governing with their own internal structure. As at today, there are 38 constituents’ colleges and full range of academic departments in the institution. Furthermore, it doesn’t have main campus, rather its buildings and facilities are scattered around the city centre.

During the mid 20th century, Oxford University had influx of many distinguished continental scholars. Some of them were displaced by Nazism and Communism. Thus, lead to their relocation to England.

Oxford University is reputed and famous for academic excellence. This is why being admitted into the institution is very challenging and demanding. They pick the best and smartest students with unquenchable thirst for success and undying passion for their chosen course.

The institution gives opportunity to students all over the world to study. As a matter of fact, one third of the students including 17% of undergraduates are international students. And they come from over 140 different countries across the globe.

Check 24hoursreporter for the complete article.
Re: Things To Know About Oxford University by JohannLibert: 7:16am On Aug 18, 2022
Hello! Recently I decided to enter Oxford, tell me where can I find a tutor?
Re: Things To Know About Oxford University by JohannLibert: 7:23am On Aug 18, 2022
Hello! As a person who entered Oxford, I can say that it’s actually not so difficult to do this, you need to find a good tutor who would help you pass the exam, that’s exactly what I found and he helped me with the pat test here is the link https://oxbridgemind.co.uk/test-tuition/pat-tutors/ , a very nice young man who explained everything clearly

(1) (Reply)

No Employer Will Pick Graduates Of Any University Ahead Of NOUN Graduates / UNIBEN Postgraduate Admission Form 2019/2020 Is Out - Requirements, How To Apply / What Is The Difference Between M.sc And M. Phil.?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.