Stats: 3,151,918 members, 7,814,090 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

No Menial Jobs Abroad Can Build Mansions In Nigeria. True Or False? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / No Menial Jobs Abroad Can Build Mansions In Nigeria. True Or False? (9637 Views)

Amputee Who Does Menial Jobs Fixes A Road In Amassoma, Bayelsa State (Photos) / Is It Only Those That Did Science Related Courses That Get Jobs Abroad? / Can One Be A Millionaire With Doing Menial Jobs In Germany? (2) (3) (4)

No Menial Jobs Abroad Can Build Mansions In Nigeria. True Or False? by partnerbiz4: 1:23pm On Apr 08, 2018
londoner:

No, that's not true.

If you are doing menial jobs abroad and you are building mansions in Nigeria there is some illegal money making happening.

After tax and rent, food and transport there is no way mansions can be built.

If you had said nursing, fine but not menial jobs.

Even if Nigeria is not worth living in there are over 50 others on the continent people could start from with the money paid to traffickers as investment rather than a straight loss. Imagine how much money a bus load of 25 people had raised and what it could have been used to do if they had only looked at things differently instead of with rose tinted glasses, yet some would have died, became slaves or raped on the way.

And for what?

cc justwise

Re: No Menial Jobs Abroad Can Build Mansions In Nigeria. True Or False? by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:31pm On Apr 08, 2018
ARRANT NONSENSE!!!!
can a menial job in Nigeria help you live a DECENT and PRODUCTIVE life....let alone build you a mansion?!?!

stop looking down at all the many Africans that have menial jobs around the world, and instead focus on the fact that (thanks to these menial jobs abroad) they can easily get a loan to build that mansion. something that even people in high positions in Nigeria certainly CANT afford.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Menial Jobs Abroad Can Build Mansions In Nigeria. True Or False? by justwise(m): 1:31pm On Apr 08, 2018
partnerbiz4:

cc justwise

Both. It depends on the hourly pay of that menial jobs and your spending habit.

Re: No Menial Jobs Abroad Can Build Mansions In Nigeria. True Or False? by revontuli(f): 1:43pm On Apr 08, 2018
If you share an apartment with 5 others, live super frugal, buy only second hand things, don't drink/smoke, you can save money to buy a house back home but certainly not a mansion.

I know some Turkish and Iraqi folks who worked at kebab shops for years and bought nice homes in their countries, not mansions but nice rental properties they can move when they retire and return home.

Re: No Menial Jobs Abroad Can Build Mansions In Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Apr 08, 2018
I don't think so! They are not so after building mansions in Nigeria. They are majorly after good life, good amenities(constant power, good roads, clean water), good food, comfortable house, car, good health care, good security, which we all know are far-fetched in Nigeria.

#Life is about being happy

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Menial Jobs Abroad Can Build Mansions In Nigeria. True Or False? by psucc(m): 2:17pm On Apr 08, 2018
Na Lai or lie (whichever but both are correct).

You can live better than some Nigerian Millionaires.

Re: No Menial Jobs Abroad Can Build Mansions In Nigeria. True Or False? by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:34pm On Apr 08, 2018
revontuli:
If you share an apartment with 5 others, live super frugal, buy only second hand things, don't drink/smoke, you can save money to buy a house back home but certainly not a mansion.

I know some Turkish and Iraqi folks who worked at kebab shops for years and bought nice homes in their countries, not mansions but nice rental properties they can move when they retire and return home.

anybody gainfully employed in Nigeria could built a mansion, if they had access to loans like people who live abroad do. furthermore, i know office cleaners in Scandinavia who earn the equivalent of $4k monthly salaries, while some illegal immigrants in the UK doing the same job dont even earn £500 monthly. its all down to WHO you are talking to, but best believe that many can build mansions with these menial jobs.

one Ghanaian couple who are both doing cleaning jobs here are going home every few month to supervise the completion of their dream palace in Ghana. if you see the building you would not believe for one second that they both are cleaners working 5 different jobs altogether.

Re: No Menial Jobs Abroad Can Build Mansions In Nigeria. True Or False? by Chriswazo(m): 2:51pm On Apr 08, 2018
Space booked.
Will answer when I get there
Re: No Menial Jobs Abroad Can Build Mansions In Nigeria. True Or False? by revontuli(f): 2:54pm On Apr 08, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

anybody gainfully employed in Nigeria could built a mansion, if they had access to loans like people who live abroad do. furthermore, i know office cleaners in Scandinavia who earn the equivalent of $4k monthly salaries, while some illegal immigrants in the UK doing the same job dont even earn £500 monthly. its all down to WHO you are talking to, but best believe that many can build mansions with these menial jobs.

one Ghanaian couple in know who are both doing cleaning jobs here are going home every few m onth to supervise the completion of their dream palace in Ghana. if you see the building you would not believe for one second that they both are cleaners working 5 different jobs altogether.

Office cleaners can earn that much if they work multiple jobs 7 days a week and going home only for a few hours of sleep.
Re: No Menial Jobs Abroad Can Build Mansions In Nigeria. True Or False? by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:00pm On Apr 08, 2018
revontuli:

Office cleaners can earn that much if they work multiple jobs 7 days a week and going home only for a few hours of sleep.

you think that the majority of these people want to do these menial jobs for the rest of their lives, abi?! if someone is a cleaner, then they might as well work hard for a while, make that cheddar and then branch into something else (if/whenever they possible can)

btw in Scandinavia a cleaner that works 40hrs per week gets no less than $2K, if that person adds a weekend/evening cleaning job on the side, yes, they can easily make $3.5/4K.

Re: No Menial Jobs Abroad Can Build Mansions In Nigeria. True Or False? by Cyberknight: 3:41pm On Apr 08, 2018
Define "menial" jobs.

Re: No Menial Jobs Abroad Can Build Mansions In Nigeria. True Or False? by zinaunreal(m): 6:12pm On Apr 09, 2018
When you start earning $4k a month it can no longer be termed menial

Re: No Menial Jobs Abroad Can Build Mansions In Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Apr 09, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

you think that the majority of these people want to do these menial jobs for the rest of their lives, abi?! if someone is a cleaner, then they might as well work hard for a while, make that cheddar and then branch into something else (if/whenever they possible can)

btw in Scandinavia a cleaner that works 40hrs per week gets no less than $2K, if that person adds a weekend/evening cleaning job on the side, yes, they can easily make $3.5/4K.
You forgot that taxes in those places is very high. If you work one job it’s like 30% of your salary and 2 jobs 50% of your salary and things are fuc.king expensive as hell in Scandinavia. Forget what people earns, it’s about where they are. Earning 4k$ in Switzerland is about earning 1k$ in Oklahoma (USA) while someone in Portugal could save more than someone in Finland due to cost of living.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Menial Jobs Abroad Can Build Mansions In Nigeria. True Or False? by malel1: 11:30pm On Apr 09, 2018
Cyberknight:
Define "menial" jobs.

beautiful question

Re: No Menial Jobs Abroad Can Build Mansions In Nigeria. True Or False? by londoner: 12:08am On Apr 10, 2018
Op glad to have inspired your topic.

Re: No Menial Jobs Abroad Can Build Mansions In Nigeria. True Or False? by Damolux01(m): 9:13am On Apr 10, 2018
Nice thread...I'm really learning...Which of the Scandinavia countries is the best to migrate to for 4k menial job?

Re: No Menial Jobs Abroad Can Build Mansions In Nigeria. True Or False? by londoner: 9:40pm On Apr 10, 2018
Let's not forget tax.

Re: No Menial Jobs Abroad Can Build Mansions In Nigeria. True Or False? by partnerbiz4: 6:04am On Apr 13, 2018
Seems no hard and fast rule exists..
Re: No Menial Jobs Abroad Can Build Mansions In Nigeria. True Or False? by amdman: 6:29am On Apr 13, 2018
Minimum wage in Ontario Canada is $14 per hour and employees have now been empowered to enforce it.

So yes! A low wage job in some countries can build you a mansion in Nigeria taking into consideration your spending habit and other responsibilities.

Re: No Menial Jobs Abroad Can Build Mansions In Nigeria. True Or False? by Affordablerent: 8:41am On Apr 13, 2018
Never you forger tax and cost of living. For example you can still get face me I face you house in Nigeria for N20K a year in some parts of Nigeria. Single room self contain can still be from N60,000 and above it depends on the area. You can never get this cheap rate abroad, plus tax and other items. Anybody doing menial job abroad will work for many years before they can afford to put up a decent structure in Nigeria unless they are into drugs or other shady stuff. It takes years of hardwork to accomplish such things

Re: No Menial Jobs Abroad Can Build Mansions In Nigeria. True Or False? by Demonicide(f): 12:19pm On Apr 13, 2018
Will I take the mansion to heaven if leave this noisy world? I just want to live a stress free life.

Re: No Menial Jobs Abroad Can Build Mansions In Nigeria. True Or False? by kayla12(f): 2:55pm On Apr 13, 2018
Bros even in ghetto, you can't get a room for 20k/yr or a selfcon for 60k/year
Please mention the areas in Nigeria, Even plank houses build on swamps don't collect such amount. Accomodation is generally expensive in Nigeria especially in Lagos State and some other big cities.
Affordablerent:
Never you forger tax and cost of living. For example you can still get face me I face you house in Nigeria for N20K a year in some parts of Nigeria. Single room self contain can still be from N60,000 and above it depends on the area. You can never get this cheap rate abroad, plus tax and other items. Anybody doing menial job abroad will work for many years before they can afford to put up a decent structure in Nigeria unless they are into drugs or other shady stuff. It takes years of hardwork to accomplish such things

Re: No Menial Jobs Abroad Can Build Mansions In Nigeria. True Or False? by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:06pm On Apr 13, 2018
Ojoro123:

You forgot that taxes in those places is very high. If you work one job it’s like 30% of your salary and 2 jobs 50% of your salary and things are fuc.king expensive as hell in Scandinavia. Forget what people earns, it’s about where they are. Earning 4k$ in Switzerland is about earning 1k$ in Oklahoma (USA) while someone in Portugal could save more than someone in Finland due to cost of living.

bro, a smart man knows his way around the system to avoid paying too much for basic necessities. as for taxes, everyone pays them.
it all comes down to what sacrifices you are willing to make in order to save as much as possible from your paycheck. what costs are you willing to cut, or reduce etc... it doesnt matter where you are so long as you live SMART!

Damolux01:
Nice thread...I'm really learning...Which of the Scandinavia countries is the best to migrate to for 4k menial job?

best is subjective to each and everyone...also, remember that you cant get a job in Denmark without a proper working visa (or are European), and finding a cheap place here demands patience patience and more patience. salaries are highest in Norway but its too damn cold so you spend extra money on warmer clothing.....compared to Denmark where it isnt as cold and where salaries are slightly less.

Re: No Menial Jobs Abroad Can Build Mansions In Nigeria. True Or False? by Saintsquare(m): 3:18pm On Apr 13, 2018
kayla12:
Bros even in ghetto, you can't get a room for 20k/yr or a selfcon for 60k/year
Please mention the areas in Nigeria, Even plank houses build on swamps don't collect such amount. Accomodation is generally expensive in Nigeria especially in Lagos State and some other big cities.
You can get a room face me I slap u for 20k in Ado and self con for 60k
Re: No Menial Jobs Abroad Can Build Mansions In Nigeria. True Or False? by justwise(m): 3:23pm On Apr 13, 2018
Affordablerent:

That is why you have good road, 24hrs power supply, good health care and in some countries free, free education, social welfare etc abroad.

So tell me what the tax you pay in Nigeria gets you

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Menial Jobs Abroad Can Build Mansions In Nigeria. True Or False? by tintedniggz(m): 3:34pm On Apr 13, 2018
amdman:
Minimum wage in Ontario Canada is $14 per hour and employees have now been empowered to enforce it.

So yes! A low wage job in some countries can build you a mansion in Nigeria taking into consideration your spending habit and other responsibilities.
Yes, $14 per hour and working multiple jobs. So I'd say it's possible. It's all about having a solid plan and working towards it. I know quite a lot of people that have done so.
Re: No Menial Jobs Abroad Can Build Mansions In Nigeria. True Or False? by Damolux01(m): 5:22pm On Apr 13, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

bro, a smart man knows his way around the system to avoid paying too much for basic necessities. as for taxes, everyone pays them.
it all comes down to what sacrifices you are willing to make in order to save as much as possible from your paycheck. what costs are you willing to cut, or reduce etc... it doesnt matter where you are so long as you live SMART!

best is subjective to each and everyone...also, remember that you cant get a job in Denmark without a proper working visa (or are European), and finding a cheap place here demands patience patience and more patience. salaries are highest in Norway but its too damn cold so you spend extra money on warmer clothing.....compared to Denmark where it isnt as cold and where salaries are slightly less.
You only talked about Denmark and Norway. Does it mean there are no other good Scandinavia countries?
Re: No Menial Jobs Abroad Can Build Mansions In Nigeria. True Or False? by Damolux01(m): 5:38pm On Apr 13, 2018
Saintsquare:
You can get a room face me I slap u for 20k in Ado and self con for 60k
There are even places in Nigeria where a room goes for #500/month...That's 6k per yr.
Re: No Menial Jobs Abroad Can Build Mansions In Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 13, 2018
Damolux01:
There are even places in Nigeria where a room goes for #500/month...That's 6k per yr.
That should be a rural area.
Re: No Menial Jobs Abroad Can Build Mansions In Nigeria. True Or False? by Damolux01(m): 5:47pm On Apr 13, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

That should be a rural area.
Sure...Some rural areas are even less...You can still get #200/month.
Re: No Menial Jobs Abroad Can Build Mansions In Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 13, 2018
Damolux01:
Sure...Some rural areas are even less...You can still get #200/month.
Re: No Menial Jobs Abroad Can Build Mansions In Nigeria. True Or False? by Funkybabee(f): 6:04pm On Apr 13, 2018
It is well..but I think duplex is m good with nice structure and quickly get back to home and start a decent business

NRC To Start Trip On Aba-Port Harcourt, Lagos-Kano-Kaduna By Second Quarter / FG Warns Of Possible Flooding Along River Benue & Niger / My Barbados (PART 1)