Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,272 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

I Want To SUE Osun State University, Need Your Advice. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / I Want To SUE Osun State University, Need Your Advice. (999 Views)

Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys / Nairalander Donate Disinfectant Tunnel To Osun State NYSC Camp / Osun State Paid Corp Members Their State Allawee!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To SUE Osun State University, Need Your Advice. by TIDDOLL(m): 4:11pm On Apr 08, 2018
Please, pardon my grammatical blunders, and incoherency.

Am due for camp this 19th of April, after registering and securing my GREEN CARD, getting my call up letter probably on Monday.
The school(UNIOSUN) sent the Senate approved list to the NYSC last two weeks which had my name on it.

Due to some issues unknown to me, I and my course mates were unable to generate our clearance form from the school portal. This affected just my department.

One of my course mates went to the department to clarify the issue, and results were to be processed again, just to receive an unexpected call from him that they couldn't find my result of a 300L course(2units).

I rushed to check my portal and it was never registered, I never even came across this course on my portal as a prerequisite, because I did dropped it in 300L to accommodate a lower level course.

Now I know I made a human error of not remembering all the courses I dropped, which is why we have the student portal that serves as a reminder for students.

Infact, it wasn't the only one I dropped, and the other two I dropped, I wrote them in my 500L, which had enough space for all my dropped courses, including the one I forgot.

The DSA and some lecturers told me that the school can't waive the course.
Sent several emails to the DVC of the school stating my issues and noting I am emotionally distraught with all that has happened this few days.

The response I got was a total defamation of my personality,
The response and the responder referred to me as an "Unserious student" and below average student.
Utterly hurtful words!!

Honestly UNIOSUN gave me lot of troubles, since I got admitted in 2011 and I changed my course from physics/elect to Wildlife management at 300L, dropping a level to 200L.

I personally saddled the responsibility of transferring my files and results from the former to the latter.
Which was never done until I got to 500L.
Through out my 200L, 300L and 500L at Wild life Management(Ejigbo Campus) I travelled to(Oshogbo,main campus) just to request for my files and 100L results be sent to my new department,which shouldn't be the responsibility of an Undergraduate but the management, almost had an accident doing that.
I was never stable at my new campus because of the results and files that are yet to be transferred, still i did very ok with my grades.

Nairalanders, please I need your advice.

I want to SUE Osun State University!!

Cc. Lalasticlala
Re: I Want To SUE Osun State University, Need Your Advice. by divinehand2003(m): 4:17pm On Apr 08, 2018
Dear OP, I think you should go to your department and sort things out. Don't waste your money going to court. It will amount to a waste of time and money if you do so.

1 Like

Re: I Want To SUE Osun State University, Need Your Advice. by 042reports(f): 4:20pm On Apr 08, 2018
Please can I make my payment for online call up letter 2maro
Re: I Want To SUE Osun State University, Need Your Advice. by TIDDOLL(m): 4:25pm On Apr 08, 2018
divinehand2003:
Dear OP, I think you should go to your department and sort things out. Don't waste your money going to court. It will amount to a waste of time and money if you do so.
Exactly, this same department aren't ready to listen to me, they compiled the results and sent it to the Senate for approval. How on earth did they not know I have a course yet undone.

And after finding out, they never called me back.
I heard from my course mate whilst preparing for camp, buying this and that.
Called my lecturers and all they could say is " there's nothing they can do about it ".

To add,
I was never given an handbook!!
Re: I Want To SUE Osun State University, Need Your Advice. by sinaj(f): 4:27pm On Apr 08, 2018
Hm

Suing isnt as easy as it sounds thats if you even have enough money nd time to throw around.

It seems the mistake is even from your end, so you have to go back to your dept. nd ask questions so you will know the nxt step to take.

This is one of the reasons why I tell people to avoid changing dept. in a public Uni or do a proper follow up coz their wahala is just too much.
Most of the times its during final clearance that u'll find out that the transfer was never approved nd uve being wasting ur time.

1 Like

Re: I Want To SUE Osun State University, Need Your Advice. by TIDDOLL(m): 4:35pm On Apr 08, 2018
sinaj:
Hm

Suing isnt as easy as it sounds thats if you even have enough money nd time to throw around.

It seems the mistake is even from your end, so you have to go back to your dept. nd ask questions
Thanks for your Opinion.
I highlighted I made a human error of forgetting one out of the courses I dropped,
But, the student portal is always there to unfailingly list out dropped courses while registering for a new section.

That school made me suffered alot, I almost had an accident travelling from one campus to another to resolve issues concerning my files and results, which should be the responsibility of the management.

But they never attended to my portal, after I changed my Dept, it was filled with all sort of irregularities, I lodged a complaint, and they never resolved the issues.
Which led to all this ruckus.
Re: I Want To SUE Osun State University, Need Your Advice. by sinaj(f): 4:47pm On Apr 08, 2018
TIDDOLL:

Thanks for your Opinion.
I highlighted I made a human error of forgetting one out of the courses I dropped,
But, the student portal is always there to unfailingly list out dropped courses while registering for a new section.

But they never attended to my portal, after I changed my Dept, it was filled with all sort of irregularities, I lodged a complaint, and they never resolved the issues.
Which led to all this ruckus.
No need to cry over a spilled milk. Better go back to your dept, there should be at least 1 person there that is compassionate enough to give you a listening ear.
Explain to that person even if it means explaining with money or airtime nd let the person do the talking for you.
Complain to your course advicer too nd see if she can wave the course off for you or generate a score for you.

Dnt hesitate to recharge their phones sha lol
Also pray about it too.
Re: I Want To SUE Osun State University, Need Your Advice. by TIDDOLL(m): 5:03pm On Apr 08, 2018
sinaj:
No need to cry over a spilled milk. Better go back to your dept, there should be at least 1 person there that is compassionate enough to give you a listening ear.
Explain to that person even if it means explaining with money or airtime nd let the person do the talking for you.
Complain to your course advicer too nd see if she can wave the course off for you or generate a score for you.

Dnt hesitate to recharge their phones sha lol
Also pray about it too.

Smiles, thanks for your advice really,
But I wish you knew the kind of department it is,
It's a kind of department that will ask a student to buy bunch of A4s to print results they will submit to the Senate.
An HoD that delibrately stopped a student from going for her IT, because she's pregnant.

They deliberately want to make me eat the dung.
I honestly have taken enough from that school, things that can cause me psychological stress.

I did my part as a student, paid my dues, never broke a rule, the school on the other hand, neglected their responsibilities.

I will go back and write the said course.

But I won't go down without fighting.

Thanks for your replies.
Re: I Want To SUE Osun State University, Need Your Advice. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 08, 2018
042reports:
Please can I make my payment for online call up letter 2maro

Would the call up letter be out by tomorrow?

How much would we pay?
Re: I Want To SUE Osun State University, Need Your Advice. by 042reports(f): 8:56pm On Apr 08, 2018
givan:

Would the call up letter be out by tomorrow?

How much would we pay?

Yes. Paid 3000
Re: I Want To SUE Osun State University, Need Your Advice. by Whois(m): 9:19pm On Apr 08, 2018
It's obvious you're angry but you need to calm down and reason with your hod. IMOH. the best channel of communication to the sch mangement is though your HOD. Good luck

(1) (Reply)

Accommodation Accommodation For Ibadan Corpers / Best NYSC Orientation Camps To Serve In Nigeria / "bloodied Caps Of Corpers" By Chidi Anthony Opara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.