Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,624 members, 7,816,571 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Did Jesus Believe In A Trinity By Saying God Is THAT ONE Who Sent Him? John 8:42 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Believe In A Trinity By Saying God Is THAT ONE Who Sent Him? John 8:42 (1705 Views)

Is God A Trinity? / Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! / How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Jesus Believe In A Trinity By Saying God Is THAT ONE Who Sent Him? John 8:42 by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 08, 2018
John 8:42
Jesus said to them: "If God were your father, you would love me. For I CAME FROM GOD and I am here. I have not come of my own initiative, but THAT ONE sent me".
Re: Did Jesus Believe In A Trinity By Saying God Is THAT ONE Who Sent Him? John 8:42 by thorpido(m): 5:28pm On Apr 08, 2018
In John 16:28,Jesus repeated these words as in your scripture quoted above and said,
For I came forth from the Father and I am come into the world:again I leave the world and return to the Father

Notice the letters in bold.

A newer version of the bible (World English Bible) puts it as
For I came out of the Father and have come into the World:again I leave the world and return unto the Father.

The Scripture answers your question except you want to turn a blind eye.
Re: Did Jesus Believe In A Trinity By Saying God Is THAT ONE Who Sent Him? John 8:42 by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 08, 2018
Your comment is synonymous with the question. Can you explain what you are trying to say?
thorpido:
In John 16:28,Jesus repeated these words as in your scripture quoted above and said,
For I came forth from the Father and I am come into the world:again I leave the world and return to the Father

Notice the letters in bold.

A newer version of the bible (World English Bible) puts it as
For I came out of the Father and have come into the World:again I leave the world and return unto the Father.

The Scripture answers your question except you want to turn a blind eye.
Re: Did Jesus Believe In A Trinity By Saying God Is THAT ONE Who Sent Him? John 8:42 by thorpido(m): 10:05pm On Apr 08, 2018
removetheturban:
Your comment is synonymous with the question. Can you explain what you are trying to say?
In summary,He didn't believe in the Trinity as your topic says but He is divinity,part of the Godhead.
Re: Did Jesus Believe In A Trinity By Saying God Is THAT ONE Who Sent Him? John 8:42 by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 08, 2018
Okay, I got you. As Christians, are we supposed to follow Christ's lead?
thorpido:
In summary,He didn't believe in the Trinity as your topic says but He is divinity,part of the Godhead.
Re: Did Jesus Believe In A Trinity By Saying God Is THAT ONE Who Sent Him? John 8:42 by thorpido(m): 10:08pm On Apr 08, 2018
removetheturban:
Okay, I got you. As Christians, are we supposed to follow Christ's lead?
Yes
Re: Did Jesus Believe In A Trinity By Saying God Is THAT ONE Who Sent Him? John 8:42 by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 08, 2018
thorpido:
Yes
And believe what he believes and taught?
Re: Did Jesus Believe In A Trinity By Saying God Is THAT ONE Who Sent Him? John 8:42 by thorpido(m): 10:12pm On Apr 08, 2018
removetheturban:
And believe what he believes and taught?
Yes.
Re: Did Jesus Believe In A Trinity By Saying God Is THAT ONE Who Sent Him? John 8:42 by Nobody: 10:16pm On Apr 08, 2018
Did he refer to someone as HIS God?
thorpido:
Yes.
Re: Did Jesus Believe In A Trinity By Saying God Is THAT ONE Who Sent Him? John 8:42 by thorpido(m): 10:27pm On Apr 08, 2018
removetheturban:
Did he refer to someone as HIS God?
Yes He did.However,it is good not to 'select' just a statement He made at a point but to consider ALL He said.
In John 16:28,He said,
For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
Here,He says the life of God (the life that makes Him God) dwells in Him.
Re: Did Jesus Believe In A Trinity By Saying God Is THAT ONE Who Sent Him? John 8:42 by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 08, 2018
thorpido:
Yes He did.However,it is good not to 'select' just a statement He made at a point but to consider ALL He said.
In John 16:28,He said,
For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
Here,He says the life of God (the life that makes Him God) dwells in Him.
But it is clearly stated that he (the son) was GIVEN the life that is in God. In turn, he died so that we would have life.

Most of Jesus statements are cherrypicked by Trinitarians. He never gave any clear or open speech on the Trinity. John 20:17 Jesus told you and I who our God is. Do you believe Jesus?
Re: Did Jesus Believe In A Trinity By Saying God Is THAT ONE Who Sent Him? John 8:42 by thorpido(m): 11:07pm On Apr 08, 2018
removetheturban:
But it is clearly stated that he (the son) was GIVEN the life that is in God. In turn, he died so that we would have life.

Most of Jesus statements are cherrypicked by Trinitarians. He never gave any clear or open speech on the Trinity. John 20:17 Jesus told you and I who our God is. Do you believe Jesus?
How come you choose to deny what He clearly said?
He said My Father sent Me.............but he also said the life of the Father,I have.It's a mystery beyond religion or human science and that is why some have said they do not believe.

The bible calls it........the geat mystery of godliness,God was manifest in the flesh.1Tim.3:16
Re: Did Jesus Believe In A Trinity By Saying God Is THAT ONE Who Sent Him? John 8:42 by Nobody: 11:20pm On Apr 08, 2018
thorpido:
It's a mystery beyond religion or human science and that is why some have said they do not believe.

What really is mysterious to you about God?
Re: Did Jesus Believe In A Trinity By Saying God Is THAT ONE Who Sent Him? John 8:42 by Nobody: 11:22pm On Apr 08, 2018
God is not a mystery. The Bible said that Jesus came to the earth to make God known. If he is still a mystery then Jesus did not accomplish his will. John 17:3 Jesus said that our salvation and living forever depends on knowing Jehovah and Jesus who was sent.

If God is still a mystery to us, then how can we be saved when our salvation depends on knowing him?
thorpido:
How come you choose to deny what He clearly said?
He said My Father sent Me.............but he also said the life of the Father,I have.It's a mystery beyond religion or human science and that is why some have said they do not believe.

The bible calls it........the geat mystery of godliness,God was manifest in the flesh.1Tim.3:16

You are using a spurious Bible version. "God" was manifest in the flesh is not found in the Greek manuscript. That version was written by heretics who propound ideas of men to shadow the truth.
Re: Did Jesus Believe In A Trinity By Saying God Is THAT ONE Who Sent Him? John 8:42 by thorpido(m): 7:09am On Apr 09, 2018
removetheturban:
God is not a mystery. The Bible said that Jesus came to the earth to make God known. If he is still a mystery then Jesus did not accomplish his will. John 17:3 Jesus said that our salvation and living forever depends on knowing Jehovah and Jesus who was sent.

If God is still a mystery to us, then how can we be saved when our salvation depends on knowing him?
You are using a spurious Bible version. "God" was manifest in the flesh is not found in the Greek manuscript. That version was written by heretics who propound ideas of men to shadow the truth.
Spurious bible version? angry
Are you a Jehovah's witness or a Muslim?
Re: Did Jesus Believe In A Trinity By Saying God Is THAT ONE Who Sent Him? John 8:42 by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 09, 2018
thorpido:
He is more of a Jehovah Witness.
Re: Did Jesus Believe In A Trinity By Saying God Is THAT ONE Who Sent Him? John 8:42 by davien(m): 10:32am On Apr 09, 2018
Why not settle this dispute by praying for revelati... Oh i remember that's all you do but still end up conflicted. undecided
Re: Did Jesus Believe In A Trinity By Saying God Is THAT ONE Who Sent Him? John 8:42 by thorpido(m): 12:48pm On Apr 09, 2018
asuustrike2009:

He is more of a Jehovah Witness.
No wonder.I guessed as much.
Re: Did Jesus Believe In A Trinity By Saying God Is THAT ONE Who Sent Him? John 8:42 by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 09, 2018
I am a Jehovah's Witness.
And, yes those texts were not found in the original Greek scriptures. Check!
thorpido:
Re: Did Jesus Believe In A Trinity By Saying God Is THAT ONE Who Sent Him? John 8:42 by thorpido(m): 4:54pm On Apr 09, 2018
removetheturban:
I am a Jehovah's Witness.
And, yes those texts were not found in the original Greek scriptures. Check!
That's okay with the false witness.
Can I borrow your copy of the original Greek scriptures?
Re: Did Jesus Believe In A Trinity By Saying God Is THAT ONE Who Sent Him? John 8:42 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Apr 09, 2018
thorpido:
That's okay with the false witness.
What do you mean by this comment?
thorpido:

Can I borrow your copy of the original Greek scriptures?
That is what the church is for. The Church should have a library for research. A library where not just books for sale are deposited but books for intense research. What church do you represent?
Re: Did Jesus Believe In A Trinity By Saying God Is THAT ONE Who Sent Him? John 8:42 by thorpido(m): 5:17pm On Apr 09, 2018
removetheturban:
What do you mean by this comment? That is what the church is for. The Church should have a library for research. A library where not just books for sale are deposited but books for intense research. What church do you represent?
You know in the law court,there are those who come to bear witness to a case and they tender proofs whereas there are others who only come to deny what others have stated but when you ask them for proof they go round in circles.

I do not have books where it is proven that the scriptures in the bible were not in the original manuscripts. You will do well to provide me copies of them.

Remember,a false witness denies but doesn't have proof.

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Believe In A Trinity By Saying God Is THAT ONE Who Sent Him? John 8:42 by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 09, 2018
thorpido:
You know in the law court,there are those you come to bear witness to a case and the tender proofs whereas there are others who only come to deny what others have stated but when you ask then for proof they go round in circles.

I do not have books where it is proven that the scriptures in the bible were not in the original manuscripts. You will do well to provide me copies of them.
Remember,a false witness denies but doesn't have proof.
I am surprised that you cannot do a simple research on a thing like this. Inquire from your fellow Trinitarians or your pastors.
Re: Did Jesus Believe In A Trinity By Saying God Is THAT ONE Who Sent Him? John 8:42 by thorpido(m): 8:21pm On Apr 09, 2018
removetheturban:
I am surprised that you cannot do a simple research on a thing like this. Inquire from your fellow Trinitarians or your pastors.
Escapist pathway.
I don't have it.You say the scriptures are not true because you must have proof.

Why don't you just send to me by email?It's easy.

Remember the bible says there are many false witnesses in the world today.
Re: Did Jesus Believe In A Trinity By Saying God Is THAT ONE Who Sent Him? John 8:42 by thorpido(m): 8:23pm On Apr 09, 2018
Re: Did Jesus Believe In A Trinity By Saying God Is THAT ONE Who Sent Him? John 8:42 by nans24: 11:27pm On Apr 09, 2018
removetheturban:
I am a Jehovah's Witness!

You must be a rogue witness.

I remember very clearly a Jehovah's witness telling me that they do not discuss the Bible with strangers in a public forum. Most especially individuals who don't share their beliefs.

Here you are in the religious section of nairaland doing the opposite.

That's good.

Since you love discussing , let's talk about the numerous child abuse cases you guys are battling in court.
Re: Did Jesus Believe In A Trinity By Saying God Is THAT ONE Who Sent Him? John 8:42 by nans24: 11:29pm On Apr 09, 2018
removetheturban:

Have you done research on the numerous child abuse cases your leaders don't want you to know about? smiley
Re: Did Jesus Believe In A Trinity By Saying God Is THAT ONE Who Sent Him? John 8:42 by Nobody: 4:59am On Apr 10, 2018
Your desire to denigrate the JW is not a surprise to anyone. The Roman Catholic Church is an organization that understands the concept of due process. If the JW has written anything defamatory against the RCC, they would have fought back to uphold their dignity. The RCC has a long chain of cases that they have won and a group of seasoned lawyers to represent them.

If they, do not deem it fit to issue a requital, It shows you that we did not cross the line. You are simply on a smear campaign.
nans24:

Have you done research on the numerous child abuse cases your leaders don't want you to know about? smiley
Re: Did Jesus Believe In A Trinity By Saying God Is THAT ONE Who Sent Him? John 8:42 by Nobody: 5:28am On Apr 10, 2018
I will give you a list of Bibles written by Trinitarians so you can see the confusion among them. Read them and seek answers to why some texts are missing in most versions.

1 John 5:7

New International Version
For there are three that testify:

New Living Translation
So we have these three witnesses--

English Standard Version

Berean Study Bible

Berean Literal Bible
For there are three bearing testimony:

New American Standard Bible

King James Bible
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Christian Standard Bible

Contemporary English Version
In fact, there are three who tell about it.

Good News Translation
There are three witnesses:

Holman Christian Standard Bible

International Standard Version
For there are three witnesses —

NET Bible
For there are three that testify,

New Heart English Bible
For there are three who testify:

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
And The Spirit testifies because The Spirit is the truth.

GOD'S WORD® Translation

New American Standard 1977
And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is the truth.

Jubilee Bible 2000
For there are three that bear witness in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.

King James 2000 Bible
For there are three that bear witness in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit: and these three are one.

American King James Version
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

American Standard Version
And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is the truth.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And there are three who give testimony in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost. And these three are one.

Darby Bible Translation
For they that bear witness are three:

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation
For there are three that bear testimony in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one.

Weymouth New Testament
For there are three that give testimony-- the Spirit, the water, and the blood;

World English Bible

Young's Literal Translation
because three are who are testifying in the heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and these -- the three -- are one;
thorpido:
Escapist pathway.
I don't have it.You say the scriptures are not true because you must have proof.

Why don't you just send to me by email?It's easy.

Remember the bible says there are many false witnesses in the world today.
Re: Did Jesus Believe In A Trinity By Saying God Is THAT ONE Who Sent Him? John 8:42 by thorpido(m): 7:52am On Apr 10, 2018
removetheturban:
I will give you a list of Bibles written by Trinitarians so you can see the confusion among them. Read them and seek answers to why some texts are missing in most versions.

1 John 5:7

New International Version

New Living Translation
So we have these three witnesses--

English Standard Version

Berean Study Bible

Berean Literal Bible
For there are three bearing testimony:

New American Standard Bible

King James Bible

Christian Standard Bible

Contemporary English Version
In fact, there are three who tell about it.

Good News Translation

Holman Christian Standard Bible

International Standard Version
For there are three witnesses —

NET Bible
For there are three that testify,

New Heart English Bible

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
And The Spirit testifies because The Spirit is the truth.

GOD'S WORD® Translation

New American Standard 1977
And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is the truth.

Jubilee Bible 2000
For there are three that bear witness in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.

King James 2000 Bible
For there are three that bear witness in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit: and these three are one.

American King James Version

American Standard Version

Douay-Rheims Bible
And there are three who give testimony in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost. And these three are one.

Darby Bible Translation
For they that bear witness are three:

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation
For there are three that bear testimony in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one.

Weymouth New Testament
For there are three that give testimony-- the Spirit, the water, and the blood;

World English Bible

Young's Literal Translation
because three are who are testifying in the heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and these -- the three -- are one;
You choose to see confusion where there is none.
The key words in all the translations are three....bear witness and ......are one.
The Father,the Son and the Holy Spirit and the three.The bible also says they are ONE.

The so-called anti-trinitians and false witnesses never see that they are one,One God.
Re: Did Jesus Believe In A Trinity By Saying God Is THAT ONE Who Sent Him? John 8:42 by Hairyrapunzel: 8:15am On Apr 10, 2018
removetheturban:

Your new world translation that contains jehovah 217 times ie in places it was never mentioned in the original Greek manuscript is the only spurious version I know.
Re: Did Jesus Believe In A Trinity By Saying God Is THAT ONE Who Sent Him? John 8:42 by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 10, 2018
And, what are the three? Read the following verse to get the truth.

thorpido:
You choose to see confusion where there is none.
The key words in all the translations are three....bear witness and ......are one.
The Father,the Son and the Holy Spirit and the three.The bible also says they are ONE.

The so-called anti-trinitians and false witnesses never see that they are one,One God.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Truth About Rev. Fr. Angus Fraser - Nigeria's Longest Serving Missionary / A Nigerian Abraham Apprehended By The Police / Uncovered! Corona Is The Code Name For The Mark Of The Beast (666)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.