Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,093 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

How Much Do These Roofing Materials Cost? I Need Your Help. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Much Do These Roofing Materials Cost? I Need Your Help. (1483 Views)

Super Authentic Aluminum Roofing Materials / Measurements, Supply And Installation Of Longspan Roofing Materials / Choose Edges Stone Coated Roofing Sheet For Your Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Do These Roofing Materials Cost? I Need Your Help. by Redman44(m): 12:59am On Apr 09, 2018
Hello, Great People cool cool cool cool cool I have been learning a lot from this excellent section of Nairaland. I cherish all the advice you have given me so far. Thanks a lot. So my project has reached the roofing level. It is a Factory in Ikorodu, Lagos. It has not been easy so far but I thank God for his mercies. I have received 3 Quotations from Carpenters introduced to me by my Mum ( She is in charge of the Project as I am not physically on ground for now ). However, I am feeling the prices I have been quoted are too expensive and I don't want to get ripped off. I know building materials are expensive now under this Buhari/APC regime, but I believe you Guys and Ladies can help me out. So how much do the following Roofing Materials cost?

1. 4 Inch Nails ( For Roofing ). I was quoted 8000 Naira per Bag. How much do you think it costs?
2. 3 Inch Nails ( For Roofing) I was quoted 8000 Naira per Bag. ( Need the current price )
3. Roofing Slate Nails ( was quoted 1.700 Naira per pack. Was told I would need 8 Packets ). Need current price.
4. Flash Bands ( Dunno what this means ) Quoted at 1000 Naira each. Was told I would need 3 of them ( 3000 Naira ). How much are Flash Bands sold at the moment?
5. Oja Agba ( Dunno what this means ) Quoted at 1200 per dozen ( would need 3 dozens @ 3,600 Naira ) How much for Oja Agba now?

We want to use Asbestos Slates as Mum said it is the best option for the factory. Here are the quotes for the asbestos-

1. Asbestos ( Solo ) 450 pieces for 4 sided @ 1350 Naira each ( 607, 500 Naira ). * For 4 sided Roofing*. We intend to do 2 sided though.
2. Asbestos ( Solo ) 400 pieces for 2 sided @ 1350 Naira each ( 540,000 Naira ).

Wood For the Roofing-

1. 2x6 ( 160 pcs ) @ 800 Naira each = 128,000 Naira.
2. 2x4 ( 190 pcs ) @ 600 Naira each = 114,000 Naira.
3. 2x3 ( 180 pcs ) @ 400 Naira each = 72,000 Naira
4. Facing Board ( 30 pcs ) @ 1800 Naira each =54,000 Naira
5. 3x4 ( 90 pcs ) @ 800 = 72,000 Naira.

The Carpenter wants to collect 200,000 Naira for Workmanship. The roofing is going to be 2 sided Roofing as it is a Factory and not a Residential Building. If you are a building materials supplier or a Carpenter and you want to jump on this Project, you are welcome. I want to compare prices on everything. The Factory is 100 Feet Long and 40 Feet Wide. It is big to an extent. If you are to carry out this Roofing Project, how much will you charge? How much do you think it will cost?. I have attached pictures of the factory to this post. Thanks.

Re: How Much Do These Roofing Materials Cost? I Need Your Help. by ipobarecriminals: 1:22am On Apr 09, 2018
sad kafinta here,com outta. here.Dnt drop ur num if. u are. a thief
Re: How Much Do These Roofing Materials Cost? I Need Your Help. by globaba11(m): 1:55am On Apr 09, 2018
the pricing is almost right only for the wood 2*3=350 and 2*4=500. and I can roof it for 180000 and 1more thing that 1 pillar is not enough in the middle. u can call me on 07069135871.
Re: How Much Do These Roofing Materials Cost? I Need Your Help. by Redman44(m): 7:20am On Apr 09, 2018
@globaba11, thanks for replying to my enquiry. It is not 1 pillar at the middle of the Factory. There are several pillars there. It is the angle from which the picture was taken that makes it appear that there is just 1 Pillar in the Factory.

I need more suggestions from readers. This is a project that is dear to my heart. More comments and suggestions, please cool cool cool cool

Thanks a lot.
Re: How Much Do These Roofing Materials Cost? I Need Your Help. by Redman44(m): 7:23am On Apr 09, 2018
@globabab11, I have taken note of your number. Will contact you after I see other quotations and suggestions from other Nairalanders. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do These Roofing Materials Cost? I Need Your Help. by Redman44(m): 9:32am On Apr 09, 2018
Suggestions, Ideas and Quotations, please smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley.

Thanks.
Re: How Much Do These Roofing Materials Cost? I Need Your Help. by Redman44(m): 4:05pm On Apr 14, 2018
I am still waiting for your comments and Ideas about this post. Thanks.
Re: How Much Do These Roofing Materials Cost? I Need Your Help. by Redman44(m): 11:12pm On May 07, 2018
Any comments to my question? I will be grateful if you can help me with your thoughts and ideas about this project. Thanks.

The roofing will commence shortly cool cool cool cool cool cool cool.

(1) (Reply)

New Estate Ready To Commsion In Owerri / Property For Sale At Abesan Estate Ipaja Lagos / A Plot Of Land For Sale At Laderin Estate, Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.