Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,739 members, 7,955,812 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:48 PM

The Practicality Of Forgiveness- The Christian Perspective - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Practicality Of Forgiveness- The Christian Perspective (683 Views)

Animal Organ Transplant To Human And The Christian Perspective. / A Christian Perspective To Nation Building By Deji Yesufu / JJT Park Alausa And The Eyo Statue, A Christian Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Practicality Of Forgiveness- The Christian Perspective by Nobody: 1:19am On Apr 09, 2018
The Lord admonishes us as Christians to forgive one another. He demonstrated this in the Bible in the book of Matthew 18:21-35. Can we as Christians put this into full practice?. Here is a true life story of a sister called Offiong( not her real name). She was residing in Calabar( not real city or town ) with her husband. Her husband got an impromptu invitation to relocate to Warri( not real city). He left with his wife but their properties were left behind in Calabar. Offiong entrusted her property to her friend Ehis to take care pending when they settle down fully in Warri. This couple got married few months back as their former house were filled with wedding gifts and other properties worth millions of naira. Their neighbour Oreva constantly saw Ehis deposing off his friend's property on daily basis hence he alerted Offiong. When Offiong got the news, she traveled to Calabar to see things for herself only for her to see empty house cleaned. She confronted Ehis who confessed to the act of deposing properties and blaming the devil for his actions.
The question is what will you do if your were in Offiong's shoe? Would you forgive immediately or what?
Cc: Lalasticlala
cc Seun
cc ishilove
Re: The Practicality Of Forgiveness- The Christian Perspective by Nobody: 8:39am On Apr 09, 2018
What is your stake?
Re: The Practicality Of Forgiveness- The Christian Perspective by Nobody: 9:21am On Jun 20, 2018
Would you arrest Ehis or forgive instantly
Re: The Practicality Of Forgiveness- The Christian Perspective by bloodofthelamb(m): 1:14pm On Jun 20, 2018
I will forgive as God has forgiven me through Christ.
Re: The Practicality Of Forgiveness- The Christian Perspective by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 23, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
I will forgive as God has forgiven me through Christ.
Even if loosing your property
Re: The Practicality Of Forgiveness- The Christian Perspective by bloodofthelamb(m): 10:32am On Jun 23, 2018
asuustrike2009:
Even if loosing your property
God is my inexhausting source. He will replenish my lost.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Practicality Of Forgiveness- The Christian Perspective by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 23, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

God is my inexhausting source. He will replenish my lost.
You have a good heart. Anyway I wanted other persons opinion as this write up is real.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 24/05/18 / Winners Chapel Member Reveals How Her Dead Brother Was Resurrected (video) / 27 Powerful Bible Verses Against Depression

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.