Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities (10522 Views)

Nigerian Woman Who Returned To Secondary School After Child Bearing Graduates / Chinaza Nwozuzu: Gov Uzodimma Gives Scholarship To Girl Who Scored 9As in SSCE / Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities by Nwaforj44: 3:02am On Apr 09, 2018
No fewer than 39 students have benefited from this year’s Dangote Coal Mines Project scholarship fund in Kogi state, Project Coordinator, Alhaji Usman Jibrin has said.

The scholarship which is a yearly corporate social responsibility by the Dangote Group of Companies to coal bearing communities was in fulfillment of the agreement entered into with the locals.

According to the project coordinator, the agreement tagged:Community Development Agreement covers coal host communities of Awo Apkali and Onupi both in Ankpa local government of Kogi state.

“Dangote Coal Mines Project, has disbursed her yearly scholarship to 39 students of the coal bearing communities as fulfillment of the promises made to coal host communities of Awo Apkali and Onupi both in Ankpa local government as contained in Community Development Agreement, respectively,” said Usman.

Usman who assured host communities of their preparedness to better the lots, however advised beneficiaries to reciprocate by devoting theIr time to studies.

He further advised them to take their studies seriously, adding that the company will look forward to employing them after they have completed their courses in relevant fields with good grades. In their separate responses, two of the beneficiaries, Mallam Ome Innocent and Kit’ab Mohammed thanked the management of Dangote Group of companies for the honour done to them and promised to take their studies seriously so as to become useful to their communities and the society at large.

The project coordinator disclosed that a total sum of N3,900,000 was disbursed to the benefiting students. The Dangote Coal host communities scholarship disbursement programme was witnessed by both the company’s Senior General Manager, Mr. Shreepad Hedge, the General Manager, Special Duties, Mr. Nuhu Elijah, and locals including parents and relatives of the beneficiaries.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/04/dangote-gives-scholarship-to-students.html

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities by Jazzlite: 3:26am On Apr 09, 2018
Quantitative for qualitative.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities by Alejob: 6:18am On Apr 09, 2018
The romance is on.....

Environmental degradation on the way...... Nothing is truly free!
Re: Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities by SmartPolician: 9:05am On Apr 09, 2018
Good one. This man should contest for president already!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities by ogolomachi(f): 9:07am On Apr 09, 2018
nice one Dan....this is what should be encouraged not that useless n meaningless bbnaija show

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities by Bonel(m): 9:08am On Apr 09, 2018
Give and take
Re: Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities by Nobody: 9:08am On Apr 09, 2018
What of Enugu indigenes? Enugu gat coal

6 Likes

Re: Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities by idrisolaide(m): 9:09am On Apr 09, 2018
This want i call Empowerment and Development.

Not Encouraging people with Low Sense of Reason, Looking Up To MIRACLE JOB.
Re: Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities by GavelSlam: 9:09am On Apr 09, 2018
Alejob:
The romance is on.....

Environmental degradation on the way...... Nothing is truly free!

They still use coal for power generation in Germany.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities by Austema(m): 9:10am On Apr 09, 2018
God bless Dangote, at least he is better than most of the politicians

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities by Nobody: 9:10am On Apr 09, 2018
Re: Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities by ultron12345: 9:11am On Apr 09, 2018
good move by Mr. dangote. Enemies of progress will soon storm this thread talking about monopoly. Ask them to mention one of his monopoly, they can't

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities by knowhowk: 9:23am On Apr 09, 2018
Good Initiatives.You are a blessing to this Generation .

1 Like

Re: Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities by Kennydoc(m): 9:36am On Apr 09, 2018
Dangote does nothing with the South East except selling his cement. Sad! cry

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities by eebraa(m): 9:37am On Apr 09, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
What of Enugu indigenes? Enugu gat coal
Dangote doesn't have coal mine in Enugu

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities by naptu2: 9:38am On Apr 09, 2018
naptu2: The Dantata/Dangote family have always been involved in charity work. However these deeds often go unnoticed, because of the family's principles of maintaining privacy and lack of flamboyance.

Al-Hassan Dantata was passionate about education. He backed the establishment of a western style school in the Dala area for hausa (I.e non-fulani) traders' children in the 1930s and established the Dantata english and arabic school in 1944.

Mariya Dangote (Aliko Dangote's mother) donated a hospital, which she built at Rijiya Lemu, to the Kano State Government in 2003.

Aliko Dangote has made the following charitable contributions:

2.5 billion naira to the national fund for flood victims in 2012. 430 million naira to Kogi flood victims. 100 million naira to Sokoto flood victims. $2 million to Pakistan's flood victims. 120 million naira to fight famine in Niger. 600 million naira to women empowerment and free school feeding schemes in Kano State. 500 student capacity hall at Kano State University. 10 million naira annual scholarship for Benue students. $2 million to African Young Leaders fellowship in conjunction with the Forum For Young Global Leaders. $1 million towards education and women empowerment in Tanzania. 1 billion naira to states suffering from the Boko Haram insurgency. 1,000 bed hospital in Kano. And many more

He established the Dangote Foundation which is the philanthropic arm of the dangote Group where yearly he spends millions for worthy causes such as contributions to educational and healthcare institutions, sinking of boreholes and giving of scholarships.

The Dangote Foundation and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation have jointly pledged to donate huge sums of money towards the eradication of polio in Kano State.

He also established the Dangote Academy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities by eebraa(m): 9:38am On Apr 09, 2018
Kennydoc:
And yet Ibos occupy many senior positions in his company

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities by KENNSAMMY(m): 9:38am On Apr 09, 2018
i also understand that game
Re: Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities by 400billionman: 9:45am On Apr 09, 2018
SmartPolician:
We don't mix business with pleasure

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities by mikegmailcom(m): 9:46am On Apr 09, 2018
Please project coordinator implement all the components in the ESIA for your mine. That is this is the real bonding contract between the community and federal government.
Re: Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 9:47am On Apr 09, 2018
He should take his yeye scholarship to Borno State.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 09, 2018
eebraa:
Dangote doesn't have coal mine in Enugu
Oh OK. Makes more sense now.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities by erico2k2(m): 10:10am On Apr 09, 2018
GavelSlam:

They still use coal for power generation in Germany.
Infact a new coal powered station was built in the UK 4 years ago and still function . You know we Nigerians over sabi dey worry some of us some times .

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities by kenex4ever(m): 10:58am On Apr 09, 2018
Kennydoc:
he can only locate his coal mine in areas close to his plant for ease of transportation and fortunately for him kogi has a lot of mineral resources
Re: Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 09, 2018
SmartPolician:

Don't start what u cant finish.
Re: Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 11:02am On Apr 09, 2018
He gave out a miserly 3.9 million and he has their coal mine. Some nitwits are saying here 'well done sir'.
One day we will have sense in Nigeria.
Re: Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities by Afamed: 11:44am On Apr 09, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:
He gave out a miserly 3.9 million and he has their coal mine. Some nitwits are saying here 'well done sir'.
One day we will have sense in Nigeria.
Read again but slowly this time around. 3.9m was for part of his social responsibility. I guess you understand what's termed as " Social Responsibility."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 11:47am On Apr 09, 2018
Afamed:

Read again but slowly this time around. 3.9m was for part of his social responsibility. I guess you understand what's termed as " Social Responsibility."

Read my post and the article carefully.
Re: Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities by Afamed: 11:52am On Apr 09, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

Read my post and the article carefully.
Was 3.9m all he paid to acquire their coal mine?
Re: Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities by Kennydoc(m): 11:56am On Apr 09, 2018
eebraa:
And yet Ibos occupy many senior positions in his company

Well, I'm not aware of that. You could be right. I haven't seen a list of the top management personnel in Gangote Group.
Re: Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities by oshdam2015: 12:04pm On Apr 09, 2018
The man is trying in his CRS. But can the government be real enough to advise him to free our bridges with his trucks. I don't understand why Lagos bridges are made his trucks' packing space. This poses threat to commuting. Check from costain to CMS you will see Dangote trucks lined up comfortably. This guy travels, is this how things are been done in advanced countries. Company like Golden Penny has fleets of truck also. The company provided a garage for her trucks. Plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet The Blue Colored People Of Kentucky USA / Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities / Buhari’s Education Policy Anti-masses, Says ASUU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.