Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,926 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. (21257 Views)

Akeredolu Hires Pro-govt Students To Counter Protests Over AAUA Tuition Hike / AAUA Tuition Fee Increased To 200k / Gov. Akeredolu Of Ondo State Wants To Increase AAUA Tuition Fee By 800% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by BigboysZ(m): 10:27am On Apr 09, 2018
It's no longer a news that Adekunle Ajasin University Akungba Akoko,Ondo state tuition fee was sporadically increased few days ago from 30k to 180k.The students however against such inhumane decision from the state governor and his allies.
The students came out enmass to against this decision with a peaceful protest from different locations ranging from Lagos,Ibadan,Abuja, and Akure.This is a protest from the capital city of the state, Akure at Ojo Oba earlier this morning.We say "no to hike in our school fees", "save aaua".More information to come.
You help me put this for front page for great minds to see.

2 Shares

Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by BigboysZ(m): 10:44am On Apr 09, 2018
Can someone please tell me how to upload pictures, have tried several times to upload the pictures of the protest but to no avail, help a brother please.
Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by shogsman(m): 10:49am On Apr 09, 2018
[quote author=BigboysZ post=66556599]Can someone please tell me how to upload pictures, have tried several times to upload the pictures of the protest but to no avail, help a brother please.[/quote

Click the reply button, once it brings you to where you are supposed to type,scroll down a little past the submit icon,you'll see capture,images etc.

1 Like

Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by BigboysZ(m): 11:17am On Apr 09, 2018
Thanks shogsman.Had to use Chrome to access since opera can't do what I want.
Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by horlahsunbo225(m): 11:38am On Apr 09, 2018
embarassed
Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by NwaAmaikpe: 12:07pm On Apr 09, 2018
shocked

Education has always been for the rich.
Life is simple, if you can't afford it, drop out instead of disturbing the peace and constituting a nuisance.

Back in the days, as a student the first thing you are taught in school is this song.

"Akwukwo na a-to uto,
O na-ara ahu na nmuta,
Onye nwere nkasi obi,
O ga-amuta akwukwo...

Oburu kwa na nne na nna ya nwere ego,
Oburu kwa na NNE na nna ya nwere ego!!"

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by Dollipsejay(m): 12:08pm On Apr 09, 2018
this is serious.. and Rufus giwa polytechnic is also closed down too

1 Like

Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by faithfull18(f): 12:08pm On Apr 09, 2018
God help us.

1 Like

Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by ZarahBuhari: 12:08pm On Apr 09, 2018
Lol! And some young lads would wake up from nowhere creating threads comparing Nigerian universities with other international universities.

The truth is that: Nigerians don't really know what they want

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by dfrost: 12:08pm On Apr 09, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Life is simple, if you can't afford it, drop out.

cheesy grin Foul-mouthed as usual.

NwaAmaikpe's signature "Foul-mouthed unapologetic eccentric intellectual accuser of the hypocritical brethren and the angel of the ugly truth"

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by chukslawrence(m): 12:09pm On Apr 09, 2018
hmm
Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by elitejosef: 12:09pm On Apr 09, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Life is simple, if you can't afford it, drop out.
If u think this guy lost his sense click like, if U think otherwise click share

so painful someone still talk like this in this 21st century. If you can’t afford your state education what else can u afford?
A private Uni?

I only pray your cry is heard, don’t give up on your protest

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by apesinola001: 12:09pm On Apr 09, 2018
This is not fair

1 Like

Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 09, 2018
All these on a Minimum wage of 18,000.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by doctokwus: 12:09pm On Apr 09, 2018
From Abuja to Lagos to Ogun to Kaduna and Ondo,APC at whatever level is just inflicting hardship,sorrow,tears and blood.

5 Likes

Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by BigboysZ(m): 12:09pm On Apr 09, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
Education has always been for the rich. Life is simple, if you can't afford it, drop out.

See your mouth like drop out.Go ahead and pull them out.I pity you

6 Likes

Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by maxiuc(m): 12:10pm On Apr 09, 2018
sad sad angry

180k save it in 2yrears vum off to Malay no time

Now they can understand the value of Mimiko

APC always representing the sad and bad News

6 Likes

Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by mattbass(m): 12:11pm On Apr 09, 2018
Is been long since the education sector has been neglected.... Now education is for the rich and the wealthy alone. They deprive us of social amenities now they want to do same to education. So pathetic........

1 Like

Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 09, 2018
Canada pls gimme visa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by Ezedon(m): 12:11pm On Apr 09, 2018
I regretted being a Nigerian

2 Likes

Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by Sezua(m): 12:12pm On Apr 09, 2018
500% increase?
This country has lost it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by Lanre4uonly(m): 12:13pm On Apr 09, 2018
This is quite unfortunate. The state governor should please do the needful so that these innocent students can go back to their classes because this type of protest does not befit the state/country.

1 Like

Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by lacastre: 12:13pm On Apr 09, 2018
Their initial plan is 120k but they know you will protest,hence 180k.
After your block Road,aluta etc, they come back to 120k case closed
Aim achieved.
politicians are twerp

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by ebig21(m): 12:14pm On Apr 09, 2018
Nigeria is a failed state, the leaders don't think before they act,
check my signature

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by phranklyn92(m): 12:14pm On Apr 09, 2018
undecided
30k-180k i.e Increase of 150k
Who does that?
Even Lasu didn't go this far
Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by Jesusworks(m): 12:14pm On Apr 09, 2018
the only thing that has remained constant and has never changed is the fact that Jesus saves and it is appointed for man to die once and after death is judgement

5 Likes

Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 09, 2018
Don't know what to say about this tbh, everyone deserves education but at the same time universities need funding

1 Like

Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by GOFRONT(m): 12:14pm On Apr 09, 2018
And to think that he is Extremely Unapologetic....

His Hurtful but truthful posts sets some folks on here ablaze and those that cannot bear with it mention him with a statement that can cut through the skin like a Hotknife. grin

But NwaAmaikpe remains Unapologetik grin.......That man is too Much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by magzey: 12:17pm On Apr 09, 2018
doctokwus:
From Abuja to Lagos to Ogun to Kaduna and Ondo,APC at whatever level is just inflicting hardship, sorrow,tears and blood.
Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by maxiuc(m): 12:17pm On Apr 09, 2018
yeyerolling:
Canada pls gimme visa
my Brother that kind thing ever since My kid Bro that squatted with me in My house went to Malay and came back under 4years a big boy I started to think of running out of this country , Canada and America I will keep trying though my international passport underway I have to abandon this zoo

1 Like

Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by edrys(m): 12:19pm On Apr 09, 2018
As if these our Elite have it hard like this during their time. They are systematically alienating the poor from getting good education IMO. If their Children are in this various public schools, will the Schools be neglected or the Parents made to pay the exorbitant fee out of the meager salary they earn (some are even owed, pensioners are not paid).

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UI Student Develops Lemongrass-based Insecticides Against Beans Weevils / Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK / Air Force Men In Fresh Attack Against UNIOSUN Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.