Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

20 Things To Know About The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 20 Things To Know About The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge (28181 Views)

LCC To Commence Tolling On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge On April 1st. / Layout Of The Ojota-Opebi Link Bridge And Approach Roads (video) / The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge (construction Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: 20 Things To Know About The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge by Abudu2000(m): 2:33pm On Mar 06, 2019
bigtt76:
The cables not holding any jack .....the whole weight of the bridge lies on the pillers angry The cables are just there for its aesthetic value
that's not entirely true lol, although I get your point tho. These elephant projects are just avenue to Syphon tax payers money but those cable slay actually are weight relievers off the colums. The force upwards and downwards has to be equal to 0 but with those cable slays you have more upward forces which is exactly why it's suspended hahahaha.

1 Like

Re: 20 Things To Know About The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge by Olukat(m): 12:28am On Mar 07, 2019
Abudu2000:
there's always a limit to the weight any cable suspended bridge can hold, those cable slays might hold a little or not weight but trust me that little weight si more than enough to throw that bridge into the water. You can pm me for CALCULATIONS on how that was resolved. Strength of materials will definitely prove that

You should know what suspension is before this comment.
Prove to me at what point is that bridge suspended?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Flood Sweeps Car Away In Asaba, Tricycle Rider, Passengers Escape (video) / Apongbon Underbridge Lagos On Fire, Please Be Careful As you Plan Your Day / Road Leading To A General Hospital Flooded In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.