Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Computer Programming In Nigeria UNIVERSITY(F9) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Computer Programming In Nigeria UNIVERSITY(F9) (1959 Views)

Is Studying Computer Science In A Public Nigeria University Worth It / What Is Computer Programming / I Want To Learn Programming In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Computer Programming In Nigeria UNIVERSITY(F9) by BiggiTutor(m): 1:32pm On Apr 09, 2018
If you're planning to Learn Programming in university...you gotta be kidding!
Tech In Nigeria:
If you're planning to Learn Programming in university...you gotta be kidding! it's impossible! Especially in Nigeria!
You can go to school for the certificate, but the real learning takes place out of school!!

Take for instance,,, In the Nigeria tertiary curriculum, the only course that 'resembles' programming small is ... Continue
https://www.topmagazine.tk/2018/04/computer-programming-in-nigeria.html

1 Share

Re: Computer Programming In Nigeria UNIVERSITY(F9) by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 09, 2018
You are wrong programming is not just about coding only, University gives you research skills to decide what language is best for the task and also gives you the ability to create a new language of your choice if you cannot find one that is good enough for the task you want to work on.

I find all the programmers I have worked who have no degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science as not fit to be called programmers as they only stick to what they have been told to do whether it's good for the task or not. Thay have no knowledge of Programming Paradigms, they cannot research to find solutions to new challenges and so on.
Re: Computer Programming In Nigeria UNIVERSITY(F9) by vickzdvipe(m): 2:18pm On Apr 09, 2018
Whenever I see post like this, I shrug! You know why? The OP is wallowing in ignorance and he/she either doesn't recognizes it or chose to remain in utter ignorance.

For the sake of sanity, computer science is NOT only about coding. Go do some research to save us the arguments cause it ain't worth it.

Peace!

Edit: This doesn't in anyway vindicate Nigerian universities especially the public ones from the fact that they are under par when it comes to global learning standards in all respite.
Re: Computer Programming In Nigeria UNIVERSITY(F9) by Ejiod(m): 2:45pm On Apr 09, 2018
vickzdvipe:
Whenever I see post like this, I shrug! You know why? The OP is wallowing in ignorance and he/she either doesn't recognizes it or chose to remain in utter ignorance.

For the sake of sanity, computer science is NOT only about coding. Go do some research to save us the arguments cause it ain't worth it.

Peace!

Edit: This doesn't in anyway vindicate Nigerian universities especially the public ones from the fact that they are under par when it comes to global learning standards in all respite.
Pls are u a computer science graduate. If yes I have a question for u & febup
Re: Computer Programming In Nigeria UNIVERSITY(F9) by vickzdvipe(m): 3:11pm On Apr 09, 2018
Ejiod:

Pls are u a computer science graduate. If yes I have a question for u & febup
Nope, I'm not a CS grad. not even an undergraduate student sef. Please go ahead and ask your question(s) cause I've done some research and asking of questions from those who have been there.

(1) (Reply)

All Programmers Drop Your 2go/facebook Username Here / Defining OOP In Terms Of Set Theory / What To Do When Your Confused And Coding Just Doesn't Feel Like Fun Anymore!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.