Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,254 members, 7,829,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Help.. Been failing to upload a theme in WordPress dashboard - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help.. Been failing to upload a theme in WordPress dashboard (900 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg And His Family Rock Halloween Theme In New Adorable Photo / I Can't Log In To My Wordpress Dashboard / Please Help! I Can't Login To My Wordpress Dashboard (wp-admin) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help.. Been failing to upload a theme in WordPress dashboard by Codedrock(m): 5:41pm On Apr 09, 2018
Guys help out I have been trying to upload a WordPress theme called Newspaper a zip file via my dashboard it's size is almost 70mb but every time I try upload both on pc and mobile it later gives me an error message of timeout. It uploads too slowly. I try to use ftp filezilla but it's difficult to upload using that style Any idea or help for me?
Re: Help.. Been failing to upload a theme in WordPress dashboard by SConnect: 5:55pm On Apr 09, 2018
Codedrock:
Guys help out I have been trying to upload a WordPress theme called Newspaper a zip file via my dashboard it's size is almost 70mb but every time I try upload both on pc and mobile it later gives me an error message of timeout. It uploads too slowly. I try to use ftp filezilla but it's difficult to upload using that style Any idea or help for me?

Contact your web host and request them to increase the limits on your upload_max_filesize and max_execution_time or alternatively you can upload the zip file in your wp-content/themes directory and extract (This is obviously more preferred, as it is faster).

Hope it helps. Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Help.. Been failing to upload a theme in WordPress dashboard by oswaggiee(m): 6:32pm On Apr 09, 2018
Codedrock:

Specify the error message you receive

Because I just installed newspaper theme on a blog

1 Like

Re: Help.. Been failing to upload a theme in WordPress dashboard by Codedrock(m): 6:49pm On Apr 09, 2018
SConnect:

Contact your web host and request them to increase the limits on your upload_max_filesize and max_execution_time or alternatively you can upload the zip file in your wp-content/themes directory and extract (This is obviously more preferred, as it is faster).

Hope it helps. Cheers!
Thanks for your response.

do You mean to upload the theme through control panel file manager? cos i tried their maximum file to be uploaded is 15mb
Re: Help.. Been failing to upload a theme in WordPress dashboard by Codedrock(m): 6:53pm On Apr 09, 2018
oswaggiee:

Specify the error message you receive

Because I just installed newspaper theme on a blog
Thanks for your response.

Screenshot attached below.

And what's the file size of the newspaper you uploaded?

Re: Help.. Been failing to upload a theme in WordPress dashboard by ThatCEO: 8:29pm On Apr 09, 2018
Are you sure you are not installing the theme in the plugin area? Check
Re: Help.. Been failing to upload a theme in WordPress dashboard by prahcetomi(m): 11:48pm On Apr 09, 2018
Codedrock:
Happened to me yesterday too.Just unzip the plugin file.inside the folder of the zip file,you will see another zip file smaller than than the 70mb file.Upload it.

1 Like

Re: Help.. Been failing to upload a theme in WordPress dashboard by Codedrock(m): 2:26am On Apr 10, 2018
prahcetomi:
Happened to me yesterday too.Just unzip the plugin file.inside the folder of the zip file,you will see another zip file smaller than than the 70mb file.Upload it.
Thanks. i did this so i saw a 10mb zip file i tried to upload but still giving me same error
Re: Help.. Been failing to upload a theme in WordPress dashboard by webapi: 3:08am On Apr 10, 2018
Go and change your upload file size to 1gb in cpanel

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help.. Been failing to upload a theme in WordPress dashboard by onlineguru3544: 5:02am On Apr 10, 2018
I can help you for a little token

(1) (Reply)

Please Who Can Integrate Bulk SMS And Email Sender On A Wordpress Website? / ADVICE NEEDED : Is Hostinger.com A Good Hosting Company ? / Are You A Bloggers Or Have A Site, I Will Give You 35000 Articles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.