Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,154 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

What Makes Iphone Special? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Makes Iphone Special? (3881 Views)

Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus - What Makes It Plus / What Makes The Pixel And Iphone 11 Image Quality Class Leading? / What Makes The New Infinix Smart 2 Pro Special? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Makes Iphone Special? by AiiVee(m): 6:16pm On Apr 09, 2018
I've been trying to know what are the things that makes the iPhones so special that it is seen as a phone for the upper class with its high price and all.. so could i get opinions
Re: What Makes Iphone Special? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Apr 09, 2018
Because it is exclusive, the only phone that runs on IOS. Someone can carry an $800 Galaxy S9 plus running android 8.0.. someone else will bring out a $120 Tecno phone running same Android 8.0. But u can never find a cheaply made iPhone or any other phone running IOS. That's the difference.

10 Likes

Re: What Makes Iphone Special? by lilmax(m): 8:16pm On Apr 09, 2018
same here ......used the 7, 8 last year, now using the X and i swear, i'll trade it for anything, waste of money

nothing special

3 Likes

Re: What Makes Iphone Special? by mhisbliss(f): 8:41pm On Apr 09, 2018
The name and logo nothing more

4 Likes

Re: What Makes Iphone Special? by skywalker240(m): 8:58pm On Apr 09, 2018
greenhulk:
Because it is exclusive, the only phone that runs on IOS. Someone can carry an $800 Galaxy S9 plus running android 8.0.. someone else will bring out a $120 Tecno phone running same Android 8.0. But u can never find a cheaply made iPhone or any other phone running IOS. That's the difference.
Am still not convinced.

Sometimes i feel the iphone is overrated and overpriced. p

6 Likes

Re: What Makes Iphone Special? by obojememe: 9:16pm On Apr 09, 2018
get an iphone for yourself and u will understand d difference...to me d difference is in d smoothness in operation

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Makes Iphone Special? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 09, 2018
skywalker240:

Am still not convinced.

Sometimes i feel the iphone is overrated and overpriced. p

Overrated.. NO. Overpriced.. YES. But if I am the only person that sells a particular product, I can price it for any amount I like, people that are tied to that ecosystem will buy it. A lot of people still think iPhones are still the same as iPhones of I0S 8. The new iPhones have improved from what they use to be and IOS 11 has brought a lot of features to counter its limitations. Still a closed system but that exclusiveness is what makes it different and special. If u don't like IOS then buying an iPhone is pointless. If u like IOS.. well u have no choice but to buy an iPhone.

4 Likes

Re: What Makes Iphone Special? by skywalker240(m): 9:32pm On Apr 09, 2018
greenhulk:

Overrated.. NO. Overpriced.. YES. But if I am the only person that sells a particular product, I can price is for any amount I like, people that are tied to that ecosystem will buy it. A lot of people still think iPhones are still the same as iPhones of I0S 8. The new iPhones have improved from what they use to be and IOS 11 has brought a lot of features to counter its limitations. Still a closed system but that exclusiveness is what makes it different and special. If u don't like IOS then buying an iPhone is pointless. If u like IOS.. well u have no choice but to buy an iPhone.
True, but these guys(apple) gives no hoot abt peoples pocket, thats why they will never win over the african market. not like they are bothered about at all though. p.
Re: What Makes Iphone Special? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 09, 2018
skywalker240:

True, but these guys(apple) gives no hoot abt peoples pocket, thats why they will never win over the african market. not like they are bothered about at all though. p.

Bro, to be the world's most valuable brand no be beans. They don't make low end devices, all their products are premium and its what separates the rich from the ordinary. a very rich man would buy a Mercedes Benz or a Porsche or Bentley to distinguish himself from the mid class that drives a Toyota. Apple might not give a hoot about the African market but u will be surprised there are lots of Nigerians that use iPhones. majority of celebrities use iPhones to distinguish themselves from the others, because no matter how u put it, someone that uses a Samsung and someone that uses and Infinix, all na Android.

2 Likes

Re: What Makes Iphone Special? by skywalker240(m): 10:25pm On Apr 09, 2018
greenhulk:

Bro, to be the world's most valuable brand no be beans. They don't make low end devices, all their products are premium and its what separates the rich from the ordinary. a very rich man would buy a Mercedes Benz or a Porsche or Bentley to distinguish himself from the mid class that drives a Toyota. Apple might not give a hoot about the African market but u will be surprised there are lots of Nigerians that use iPhones. majority of celebrities use iPhones to distinguish themselves from the others, because no matter how u put it, someone that uses a Samsung and someone that uses and Infinix, all na Android.
If you say so.
Re: What Makes Iphone Special? by uvie66: 12:35am On Apr 10, 2018
greenhulk:
and how is IOS better than Andrew OS ?
Re: What Makes Iphone Special? by uvie66: 12:35am On Apr 10, 2018
uvie66:
and how is IOS better than Android OS ?
Re: What Makes Iphone Special? by padamz07(m): 5:02am On Apr 10, 2018
There's so much difference bros, from UI to sleekness to OS etc, you just would never know until you get one for yourself...used to think same way coz I was one of the samsung fans at the time till I got gifted an iPhone 6, didn't come in handy at first as there was a lot of difference with OS compared to the android I was so very familiar with at the time, but after a while I got the gist and since then I never saw myself using anything asides the IOS ...
The taste of the Moi-Moi the day is in the eating , you just never know��
Re: What Makes Iphone Special? by padamz07(m): 5:10am On Apr 10, 2018
[quote author=uvie66 post=66576715][/quote]
Wouldn't really say it is better , it all depends on the user's preference as
5+1=6. And so does
3+3 . The point is we all see things from different perspective , so no matter what one says if it's not from your own perspective you might not wanna take it .
Idk have you ever used both before ? If yes , how long did you use 'me and what were your experience like?
Maybe we could start from there #nooffence
Re: What Makes Iphone Special? by Nobody: 7:05am On Apr 10, 2018
uvie66:
and how is IOS better than Andrew OS ?

Where in my post did I say iOS is better than Android? Both os have their streghts and weaknesses, it's a matter of preference. But the reason iPhones are special is because they are the only phones that run on iOS.
Re: What Makes Iphone Special? by TheBulusNotes(m): 8:01am On Apr 10, 2018
The reason why IPhone is special, simple

1. Apple marketers are very serious, apple can hype something as if they did it first (probably thy may overhype in display fingerprint this year also)... In short FALSE HYPE

Eg A11 AI neutral engine in iPhone 8 and X (huawei did it in mate 10) and so on

2. People think iPhone is the most classic phone not knowing that the Porsche Design is

3. Because they see celebrities using iPhone not knowing most of the have a deal with Apple via subsidiary (apple music or beats)

4. They still believe Apple is still the leader in innovation like in 2010 (same case as Macbook) not knowing time has jungle don mature (Samsung and Huawei for iPhone.... Microsoft Surface and others for macbook)

5. They believe iOS is the ultimate smooth OS,,,, most people that switch to iPhone are mostly mid ranged android users (infinix, tecno, Samsung j series) so they think android is slow

6. People think Apple make their own processors not knowing Samsung has Exynos and Huawei has Hisilicon

3 Likes

Re: What Makes Iphone Special? by OneCorner: 8:47am On Apr 10, 2018
lilmax:
same here ......used the 7, 8 last year, now using the X and i swear, i'll trade it for anything, waste of money

nothing special
liar!
sure u can't even afford iphone 6

4 Likes

Re: What Makes Iphone Special? by olayincar(m): 9:11am On Apr 10, 2018
greenhulk:

#fact bro
Re: What Makes Iphone Special? by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 10, 2018
I never liked that iPhone brand for one day, The more people use it as a piece of luxury to measure self worth the more it diminishes in my world. The more a new model is invented the more crappy I perceive it to be. it's nothing special compared to other phones like if an android does 80% of what iPhone does, To hell with class. Insecurity needs class to stay relevant. Simplicity is a virtue which every class respects.
Re: What Makes Iphone Special? by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 10, 2018
lilmax:

nothing special
lol � obviously your not using an iPhone, just shut up �, I was using the Samsung’s S7 and A5, when but got stolen they wiped it sharply, I had to purchase an iPhone 7 and since then if you bring an stupid android that is not Samsung’s S8 plus near me ehn it’s nonsensical, iPhone is sleek, no damages, no issues, it’s simply plug and play, pick and use without issues... Android is stressful when you’ve ever used iPhone
Don’t argue
I used to argue too but you actually have to use it to know the difference... same way there’s a difference between the white and black race ��
Re: What Makes Iphone Special? by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 10, 2018
Wallexander001:
lol � obviously your not using an iPhone, just shut up �, I was using the Samsung’s S7 and A5, when but got stolen they wiped it sharply, I had to purchase an iPhone 7 and since then if you bring an stupid android that is not Samsung’s S8 plus near me ehn it’s nonsensical, iPhone is sleek, no damages, no issues, it’s simply plug and play, pick and use without issues... Android is stressful when you’ve ever used iPhone
Don’t argue
I used to argue too but you actually have to use it to know the difference... same way there’s a difference between the white and black race ��
hia oga, i doubt you have used s7 b4
How can you claim they wiped s7 sharp sharp, asin iphone is more secure. Lol. Do you know what is called samsung reactivation lock? And frp lock. When you sign into your samsung account, you will be guven the option of the frp lock. Even samsung themselves cannot unlock a phone stock in reactivation lock, if you want wipe data, intall new rom. Frp lock will come up.

You said your Samsung was slow. Oga i still insist you never used s7.
I played nba 2k17 on s7 highest setting with no single lag
Maybe your a5 was slow not s7. S7 that boots within 20 seconds. Lol

Dont try compare ios with Android cause you cant win. Just say you are using iphone cause you cant afford latest samsung, or even google pixel 2.. Cause you still made a point on the s8 which means your problem is not that you love ios but you are not using the latest phone android.

Google pixels has the best camera software right now. Go to xda them even port gcam for Samsung phones.

You say android is stressful? Oga you have not seen android oreo

Re: What Makes Iphone Special? by Omololu2121: 12:15pm On Apr 10, 2018
CHESTER48:
How can you claim they wiped s7 sharp sharp, asin iphone is more secure. Lol. Do you know what is called samsung reactivation lock? And frp lock. When you sign into your samsung account, you will be guven the option of the frp lock. Even samsung themselves cannot unlock a phone stock in reactivation lock, if you want wipe data, intall new rom. Frp lock will come up.

Dont try compare ios with Android cause you cant win. Just say you are using iphone cause you cant afford latest samsung, or even google pixel 2.. Cause you still made a point on the s8 which means your problem is not that you love ios but you are not using the latest phone android.

Google pixels has the best camera software right now. Go to xda them even port gcam for Samsung phones.

no mind that guy jawe
Re: What Makes Iphone Special? by ollah2: 1:02pm On Apr 10, 2018
greenhulk:
Because it is exclusive, the only phone that runs on IOS. Someone can carry an $800 Galaxy S9 plus running android 8.0.. someone else will bring out a $120 Tecno phone running same Android 8.0. But u can never find a [b]cheaply made iPhone [/b]or any other phone running IOS. That's the difference.

iPhones are cheaper to make than some Android phones say Galaxy S and Note series
Re: What Makes Iphone Special? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 10, 2018
ollah2:

iPhones are cheaper to make than some Android phones say Galaxy S and Note series

It's costs roughly$370 in materials to make a 64gb iPhone x while it costs around $302 to make a 64gb galaxy s8. The difference is that while the iPhone retails for $1,000, s8 retails for $750. But it is what it is, u paying for the Brand, Apple is the world's most valuable Brand. Do I like the price? Hell no, but then if u like iOS then u don't have a choice, plus it's classy, not everyone can afford an iPhone but almost everyone can afford an iPhone. That is one thing u get when u make ur own os so good and make ur closed, remember how those old blackberry phones use to be very expensive because of their blackberry os, that was before iOS and Android took over.
Re: What Makes Iphone Special? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 10, 2018
CHESTER48:

lol this dude is funny, your talking of booting an android phone when I don’t even have to switch off my iPhone lol, and with the way the Samsung’s s7 battery cuts ehn, very poor and your talking nonsense grin ... don’t even compare it at all abeg abeg abeg cool
Re: What Makes Iphone Special? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 10, 2018
And still talking who cares about Samsung lock whatever your saying, once your android is stolen it’s easily wiped while not so on the iPhone.. upgrade and buy quality and stop all this nonsense talks... only the Samsung’s S8 beats the iphone else shut up
Re: What Makes Iphone Special? by ollah2: 2:16pm On Apr 10, 2018
greenhulk:

It's costs roughly$370 in materials to make a 64gb iPhone x while it costs around $302 to make a 64gb galaxy s8. The difference is that while the iPhone retails for $1,000, s8 retails for $750. But it is what it is, u paying for the Brand, Apple is the world's most valuable Brand. Do I like the price? Hell no, but then if u like iOS then u don't have a choice, plus it's classy, not everyone can afford an iPhone but almost everyone can afford an iPhone. That is one thing u get when u make ur own os so good and make ur closed, remember how those old blackberry phones use to be very expensive because of their blackberry os, that was before iOS and Android took over.

You skipped iPhone 8 and 8 plus which also debutted same year. What are the cost of these two against S8/ S8 plus? What's the cost of iPhone X against Note 8?
Re: What Makes Iphone Special? by ollah2: 2:18pm On Apr 10, 2018
Wallexander001:
And still talking who cares about Samsung lock whatever your saying, once your android is stolen it’s easily wiped while not so on the iPhone.. upgrade and buy quality and stop all this nonsense talks... only the Samsung’s S8 beats the iphone else shut up

What Android phone do you easily wanna wipe off? Even Xiaomi based on MI cloud can't easily be wiped off? If you don't know anything, take several seats and learn.
Re: What Makes Iphone Special? by ollah2: 2:24pm On Apr 10, 2018
Wallexander001:
lol this dude is funny, your talking of booting an android phone when I don’t even have to switch off my iPhone lol, and with the way the Samsung’s s7 battery cuts ehn, very poor and your talking nonsense grin ... don’t even compare it at all abeg abeg abeg cool

You don't need to switch off your iPhone cos it switches itself off when the battery is low thanks to its weak battery
Re: What Makes Iphone Special? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 10, 2018
ollah2:

You skipped iPhone 8 and 8 plus which also debutted same year. What are the cost of these two against S8/ S8 plus? What's the cost of iPhone X against Note 8?

Around $288 for the iPhone 8 plus in materials. U forgot when Samsung use to make their phones with plastic and still sell at premium price. Actually it doesn't make much sense judging the price of a product based on the price of the materials used. What about money spent in research, manufacturing, marketing, payment of staff etc. And rhey have to make profit. If all these things cannot be accounted for then the company will operate at a loss especially if they cannot meet a certain sales target. Ask Sony, HTC and LG, their flagship phones cost around $200-300 less than corresponding iPhones and they have been operating on a loss for a couple of years now.
Re: What Makes Iphone Special? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 10, 2018
Wallexander001:
actually there is no phone out there that boots faster than an iPhone. Fact.
Re: What Makes Iphone Special? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 10, 2018
Wallexander001:
just look at
You don't need to power off your iPhone. Oh yes I forgot, I phones can't charge while powered off. Huge disappointed
Oh, upon it can't stay off and charge faster, your iPhone don't support fast charge, too bad.
What if the charging pot breaks, your iPhone don't support wireless charging.
Oh praise the mighty classic phone indeed with lack of innovations

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Still Recall This Phone? / Tecno H7: Screen Broken, How Much To Fix It? / Awoof Offer: 9mobile Launches New Offer For Heavyweight Users

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.