Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,418 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Atorise: A Gospel Musician? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Atorise: A Gospel Musician? (4564 Views)

Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj / Yahooze Gospel By Atorise. / Atorise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atorise: A Gospel Musician? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 13, 2007
Someone here should please tell me if Evang. Lanre Teriba (Atorise) is still a gospel musician.
Re: Atorise: A Gospel Musician? by omogenaija(f): 2:11am On Mar 18, 2007
yes, all his albums are gospel , funky cool classic gospel smiley
Re: Atorise: A Gospel Musician? by software(m): 1:46pm On Mar 18, 2007
I think the Guys is only Modernising his music. And i think its a good idea.

Change is very constant. Dont be suprise tommorow if he changes his patern. HE IS A GOSPEL SINGER wink
Re: Atorise: A Gospel Musician? by sirc(m): 3:05pm On Mar 18, 2007
no mind the guy jo him just they dance owambe 4 him clips but sha na only GOD know who dey serve am
Re: Atorise: A Gospel Musician? by software(m): 3:54pm On Mar 18, 2007
sir c:

no mind the guy jo him just they dance owambe 4 him clips but sha na only GOD know who dey serve am

Na only God sabi sha.
true talk
Re: Atorise: A Gospel Musician? by Coleslove: 8:12pm On Mar 18, 2007
I had wondered on this myself too. I guess the Idea is capturing the Xtians to buy his music but deep within he thinks he's a Born Again Believer but he's just a Gospel singer. Know what, He ain't a Born Again Believer. He's just a singer of what Xtianity preaches. Not practising what we preach.

This can also be applicable to Yinka Ayefele. That guy is a pretender.
Re: Atorise: A Gospel Musician? by jiggo(m): 9:21pm On Mar 18, 2007
hmm, methink d word Gospel & Xtianity have been seriosly misunderstood, , infact u hear folks been refered to as Gospel Singers rather Xtian Singers [Gospel songs to dem means dos songs u can party with, ]
Well , The Lord knows them that are His, let anyone that nameth d name of d Lord departs from iniquity,
That settles it, For once, i no think say Aye, na born again, he fit be,but he's comprised a lot,
4 how long will u falter between 2options, If God be God, let Him be, and mind U, there aint no option of sitting on d fence, its either U R Hot or U r Cold,

I rest ma case for now
Re: Atorise: A Gospel Musician? by whitedove(m): 11:30pm On Mar 18, 2007
well,i think ATORISE is a gospel musician,  but he is not living out what he preaches
for instance,we met in a restaurant in lagos sometimes ago,when his phone rang ,he told the person on other end that he was in abuja( obviously a woman).
, am not judging him but by their fruit they shall be known.
Re: Atorise: A Gospel Musician? by omogenaija(f): 2:49am On Mar 19, 2007
whitedove:

well,i think ATORISE is a gospel musician,  but he is not living out what he preaches
for instance,we met in a restaurant in lagos sometimes ago,when his phone rang ,he told the person on other end that he was in abuja( obviously a woman).
, am not judging him but by their fruit they shall be known.

dont be to sure of that ,  wonders shall never end
Re: Atorise: A Gospel Musician? by Pamperme: 10:50am On Mar 19, 2007
Even if someone is annoying him, he shouldnt lie, to think that it was even at a public place should make him caution himself. Av met this guy before and i must say that i wasnt impress at all with the way he talks.

Omogenaija, am sure u are one of his fans and u are just looking for excuses for his actions, i was even told he has been banned from the Gospel Musicians Association .
Re: Atorise: A Gospel Musician? by funmeme(f): 3:23pm On Mar 19, 2007
well,i used 2 see him as one of the best gospel musician not until i met him in a carnival at lovegarden somewhere in sururere where he played and said all sort of things which i couldn't just believe he was the one singing that raw.then i asked my self that is it proper 4 him 2 sing in a carnival among Indian hemp smokers heavily drunk b4 singing aaahhh it's a disgrace.but only God can tell if he's truly a singer.[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Atorise: A Gospel Musician? by tlops(m): 6:03pm On Mar 19, 2007
what about him, sorry I dont really know him or his music.so I guess cannot contribute much. On what basis do u doubt his "gospelarity" if its the type as in fuji, makossa, etc, well I dont think that is enuff to "send him to hell", I mean condemn him but if u're talking of word base inpiration then its another thing. but i know alot of nigerian gospel artiste do not have their inspirations based on the word of God but on life's philosophy which most times may not be consistent with the views of God.eg Coursing ur enemy,
Re: Atorise: A Gospel Musician? by kemisole(f): 11:17am On Mar 21, 2007
nO i dont think so!
Re: Atorise: A Gospel Musician? by Kinsh(f): 5:34pm On Mar 22, 2007
I think he went into actng as well. Init? Saw him on a film cover snogging a lady. lipsrsealed
Re: Atorise: A Gospel Musician? by ireke(m): 2:46am On Mar 23, 2007
People should learn that there is a difference (with capital D) between gospel music and godly music. The fact that a musician includes God and some godly words (Christian or Islamic) in a couple of his albums does not make him a gospel musician. Have you ever listened to KSA (King Sunny Ade) praising God? I bet he even does it better than so many of these so called gospel musicians but he never called himself a gospel artiste. A gospel Musician is an EVANGELIST so to say. As far as I'm concerned, if you are not a truly born again Christian (or a practising muslim) whose music is at least 90% dedicated to the propagation of the word of God (that you believe in), then you are not a gospel musician. Unfortunately my definition does not go beyond this page.
It just reminds me of a good old musician. As soon as they released mandela from prison, the man turned to Islamic musician when that one nor work, he tried some christian stuff. He now has a church. I guess that one is more lucrative. Most of them are not Gospel musician nothing. na wetin dem wan chop dey confuse dem.
Re: Atorise: A Gospel Musician? by omogenaija(f): 3:02am On Mar 23, 2007
ireke:

People should learn that there is a difference (with capital D) between gospel music and godly music. The fact that a musician includes God and some godly words (Christian or Islamic) in a couple of his albums does not make him a gospel musician. Have you ever listened to KSA (King Sunny Ade) praising God? I bet he even does it better than so many of these so called gospel musicians but he never called himself a gospel artiste. A gospel Musician is an EVANGELIST so to say. As far as I'm concerned, if you are not a truly born again Christian (or a practising muslim) whose music is at least 90% dedicated to the propagation of the word of God (that you believe in), then you are not a gospel musician. Unfortunately my definition does not go beyond this page.
It just reminds me of a good old musician. As soon as they released mandela from prison, the man turned to Islamic musician when that one nor work, he tried some christian stuff. He now has a church. I guess that one is more lucrative. Most of them are not Gospel musician nothing. na wetin them wan chop dey confuse them.

ireke ur defintion of a gospel artist fits atorise really well.
Re: Atorise: A Gospel Musician? by Goshen360(m): 6:03pm On Mar 23, 2007
i think he sings nice too. every musician can decide to sing whatever he is inspired to sing. Atorise still sings inspirational song still. i like him and his music anyway.
Re: Atorise: A Gospel Musician? by Obelomo: 6:10pm On Mar 26, 2007
I can't judge Atorise whether he is a musician or not, because I have not heard his recent songs.  I do agree with Ireke just because sings a little about Jesus that does not make them a gospel muscian.  I was reading an interview on Ayefele and the person asked him is it true that u play gospel music ha ha!  I belive that gospel musicans should modernized their music, but the words or sing praises of men with gospel music.
[/pre]
Re: Atorise: A Gospel Musician? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 03, 2007
I thought he was supposed to project the image of christianity, not just through his songs, but his deeds as well. I'm not even interested in the things he does, cos they are really contrary to what he should do if he were to be a good christian. I'm only concerned about his association with fuji musicians and the places he goes to with them to sing whatever brand of music he does. Don't you think he is rubbing the image of christians in the mud? Can anyone point out to me, an islamic musician who will do a collabo with some fuji musicians? I am not saying he shouldn't do his thing, maybe he should just give his kind of music another name. Compare and contrast his first two albums with the last two he did.
Re: Atorise: A Gospel Musician? by omogenaija(f): 8:01pm On Apr 03, 2007
@omotee4u
so fuji musicans arent God's children ?
Re: Atorise: A Gospel Musician? by omogenaija(f): 1:46am On Apr 19, 2007
Re: Atorise: A Gospel Musician? by lalaboi(m): 5:06pm On Apr 19, 2007
tsebi emi lo ye bi mo se n yin jesu mi?

mo le ko fuji! ki sha ti yin jesu mi

mo le ko hiphop ki sha ti yin jesu mi

interpretation lol

i can onli undastand hw i praise d lord

i can sing fuji, so far am praising d lord

i can sing hiphop, so far am praising him!
Re: Atorise: A Gospel Musician? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 20, 2007
I quite agree with you, and I am not despising him for associating with Fuji guys also. But some things are not just meant to be. Have you heard about not being unequally yoked with unbelievers. He does not project the Christian image at all. Even if he wants to praise God in diverse ways, there are limits abeg. Answer this question and I will rest my case- Do you know any Islamic gospel musician who does that? This is not calling a dog a bad name cos you want to hang it, but the Yorubas will say, "Ti oju ba n se ipin, o ye ka yo ipin na, ka fi han oju pe, wo, o n se ipin." Over to you, multilinguals in the house cos I no know wetin I just write for Yoruba o.
Re: Atorise: A Gospel Musician? by omogenaija(f): 3:09pm On Apr 20, 2007
Re: Atorise: A Gospel Musician? by royalyinx(m): 11:19pm On Sep 19, 2007
Well as for me, i guess i wouldn't judge him and talk too much , But i personally think he's far gone since when he made his first hit , You know most pple actually think it's always 'bout the chedders
Re: Atorise: A Gospel Musician? by omogenaija(f): 11:27pm On Sep 19, 2007
royalyinx:

Well as for me, i guess i wouldn't judge him and talk too much , But i personally think he's far gone since when he made his first hit , You know most people actually think it's always 'bout the chedders

havent u heard olowo laye mo grin
Re: Atorise: A Gospel Musician? by royalyinx(m): 11:55pm On Sep 19, 2007
omogenaija:

havent u heard olowo laye mo grin
So , I don't think that matters in anyway and u shouldn't just be contradicting genres of music cos of money and fame , life's not all about that , Sebi u sef know naa abi ??
Re: Atorise: A Gospel Musician? by omogenaija(f): 11:59pm On Sep 19, 2007
i'm just joking
royalyinx:

So , I don't think that matters in anyway and u shouldn't just be contradicting genres of music because of money and fame , life's not all about that , Sebi u sef know naa abi ??
Re: Atorise: A Gospel Musician? by royalyinx(m): 12:46am On Sep 20, 2007
omogenaija:

i'm just joking , but i havent heard the bobo contradict anything in any of his albums ,

Oh! I didn;t mean contradictong lyrics but if u look into how he sings now that when he first started out, you would know there's a big difference cos he's now a big boi with expensive toys

I won't blame him and like i said i won't judge but money sure controls a lotta thing u dig??
Re: Atorise: A Gospel Musician? by omogenaija(f): 12:55am On Sep 20, 2007
royalyinx:

Oh! I didn;t mean contradictong lyrics but if u look into how he sings now that when he first started out, you would know there's a big difference because he's now a big boi with expensive toys

I won't blame him and like i said i won't judge but money sure controls a lotta thing u dig??

he just gets better and better wink
and his records r selling. thats y he has all those big toys
Re: Atorise: A Gospel Musician? by royalyinx(m): 1:11am On Sep 20, 2007
Yeah i totally agree with u on that but he should better and strictly stick to a particular genre so we know what he's really into
Re: Atorise: A Gospel Musician? by omogenaija(f): 1:30am On Sep 20, 2007

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ebenezer Obey And Sunny Ade: The Story Of Two Rivals. / Zara Gretti - Teno (video) / Mariah Carey Nipple Slip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.