Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

Despacito: Most Watched Youtube Video Ever 'deleted' In Apparent Hack - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Despacito: Most Watched Youtube Video Ever 'deleted' In Apparent Hack (25412 Views)

HOW TO FIND A SONG THAT IS PLAYED IN A MOVIE, TV SERIES OR YOUTUBE VIDEO / Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone / Watch Youtube Video Without Internet Using Youtube Go App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Despacito: Most Watched Youtube Video Ever 'deleted' In Apparent Hack by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 10, 2018
YouTube's music video for the hit song Despacito, which has had over five billion views, has been hacked.

More than a dozen other artists, including Shakira, Selena Gomez, Drake and Taylor Swift are also affected. The original clips had been posted by Vevo.

The Despacito video has been removed, but its cover image had shown a group wearing masks and pointing guns.

The hackers, calling themselves Prosox and Kuroi'sh, had written "Free Palestine" underneath the videos.

Several of the clips remain live at time of writing.

Of those, the actual video content itself appears to be unaltered. Many titles have been changed to include the names of the hackers, but only some feature the replaced cover image.

Both YouTube and the music video hosting service Vevo have been contacted for comment.

A Twitter account that apparently belongs to one of the hackers posted : "It's just for fun, I just use [the] script 'youtube-change-title-video' and I write 'hacked'."

"Don't judge me I love YouTube," it added.

Source:https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/technology-43712137

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Despacito: Most Watched Youtube Video Ever 'deleted' In Apparent Hack by Omololu2121: 12:16pm On Apr 10, 2018
smiley
Re: Despacito: Most Watched Youtube Video Ever 'deleted' In Apparent Hack by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 10, 2018
Despacito video still live on YouTube. Just checked now and nothing has been altered.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Despacito: Most Watched Youtube Video Ever 'deleted' In Apparent Hack by chibike69: 1:54pm On Apr 10, 2018
grin
Re: Despacito: Most Watched Youtube Video Ever 'deleted' In Apparent Hack by chibike69: 1:56pm On Apr 10, 2018
greenhulk:
Despacito video still live on YouTube. Just checked now and nothing has been altered.

check comment section
Re: Despacito: Most Watched Youtube Video Ever 'deleted' In Apparent Hack by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 10, 2018
chibike69:

check comment section

Yea, apparently YouTube addressed the issue. The funny thing is a lot of people will go and view this video after the hack just to confirm if it's been truly deleted. Expect it to hit 6b views in a couple of days.

127 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Despacito: Most Watched Youtube Video Ever 'deleted' In Apparent Hack by Donniefred(m): 3:05pm On Apr 10, 2018
Other YouTube channels were hacked too not only despacito

3 Likes

Re: Despacito: Most Watched Youtube Video Ever 'deleted' In Apparent Hack by Jh0wsef(m): 5:54pm On Apr 10, 2018

1 Like

Re: Despacito: Most Watched Youtube Video Ever 'deleted' In Apparent Hack by cescky(m): 5:55pm On Apr 10, 2018
Warfare is now digital... Nigeria is still dealing with providing power 247 and some " humans" are celebrating a cattle rearers as their president, ok o

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Despacito: Most Watched Youtube Video Ever 'deleted' In Apparent Hack by XingXhang(m): 5:56pm On Apr 10, 2018
giftlygifted:
please share and broadcast if you are female and an adult man has ever made you feel uncomfortable on the street. this could be following, catcalling, or even touching inappropriately. I'm trying to prove a point
Wow, so many people are already sharing this. I want to say I'm here for all of you, and it isn't ANY of your faults. your clothing, appearance, whereabouts- none of those are relevant. this behavior isn't okay. and we have to stand up for each other as women and girls.

All day I've been reading responses, and everyone's individual courage is amazing. You are all valid. Keep speaking up and using your voice. I posted this because a group of men called me too sensitive. I had no idea this would go viral, but it proves a much needed point.

Ladies Seeking Attention on Nairaland is just...

Pitiful and Shameful.

What concerns the topic and your profile pic, sorry catcalling etal.

13 Likes

Re: Despacito: Most Watched Youtube Video Ever 'deleted' In Apparent Hack by prettyzee11(f): 5:57pm On Apr 10, 2018
I am tempted to go watch it, but don't have such time to waste. If I watch am will Buhari Leave Aso rock?

1 Like

Re: Despacito: Most Watched Youtube Video Ever 'deleted' In Apparent Hack by sdindan: 5:58pm On Apr 10, 2018
trump eehh! I

Make thunder from the six political zones fire Buhari before 2019

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despacito: Most Watched Youtube Video Ever 'deleted' In Apparent Hack by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 10, 2018
giftlygifted:
please share and broadcast if you are female and an adult man has ever made you feel uncomfortable on the street. this could be following, catcalling, or even touching inappropriately. I'm trying to prove a point
Wow, so many people are already sharing this. I want to say I'm here for all of you, and it isn't ANY of your faults. your clothing, appearance, whereabouts- none of those are relevant. this behavior isn't okay. and we have to stand up for each other as women and girls.

All day I've been reading responses, and everyone's individual courage is amazing. You are all valid. Keep speaking up and using your voice. I posted this because a group of men called me too sensitive. I had no idea this would go viral, but it proves a much needed point.

Here are 3 facts about Eko Atlantic:
1. There will be around 300,000 residnets
2. It's 100% privately funded
3. It will have 24/7 independent powe

I was expecting to see multiple shares but not even one?? C'mon now! Gerrara here mehn... Ain't no male molesting a non-seductively dressed lady

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despacito: Most Watched Youtube Video Ever 'deleted' In Apparent Hack by 9jawindow: 6:00pm On Apr 10, 2018
Great movie , check it on Netflix

fidalgo19:
YouTube's music video for the hit song Despacito, which has had over five billion views, has been hacked.

More than a dozen other artists, including Shakira, Selena Gomez, Drake and Taylor Swift are also affected. The original clips had been posted by Vevo.

The Despacito video has been removed, but its cover image had shown a group wearing masks and pointing guns.

The hackers, calling themselves Prosox and Kuroi'sh, had written "Free Palestine" underneath the videos.

Several of the clips remain live at time of writing.

Of those, the actual video content itself appears to be unaltered. Many titles have been changed to include the names of the hackers, but only some feature the replaced cover image.

Both YouTube and the music video hosting service Vevo have been contacted for comment.

A Twitter account that apparently belongs to one of the hackers posted : "It's just for fun, I just use [the] script 'youtube-change-title-video' and I write 'hacked'."

"Don't judge me I love YouTube," it added.

Source:https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/technology-43712137
Re: Despacito: Most Watched Youtube Video Ever 'deleted' In Apparent Hack by adezjamz(m): 6:00pm On Apr 10, 2018
Handwork of the villagers
Re: Despacito: Most Watched Youtube Video Ever 'deleted' In Apparent Hack by Angelawhite(m): 6:04pm On Apr 10, 2018
Even my own youtube channel was hacked
Re: Despacito: Most Watched Youtube Video Ever 'deleted' In Apparent Hack by Elparaiso(m): 6:04pm On Apr 10, 2018
It's back.
Re: Despacito: Most Watched Youtube Video Ever 'deleted' In Apparent Hack by fergie001: 6:05pm On Apr 10, 2018
My best,my ringtone....hack or no hack
Re: Despacito: Most Watched Youtube Video Ever 'deleted' In Apparent Hack by Greatzeus(m): 6:06pm On Apr 10, 2018
I Suspect Chinese or Russians,their hackers are out of this world.American hackers aint good enough for this lipsrsealed
Re: Despacito: Most Watched Youtube Video Ever 'deleted' In Apparent Hack by Dasgoro: 6:07pm On Apr 10, 2018
prettyzee11:
I am tempted to go watch it, but don't have such time to waste. If I watch am will Buhari Leave Aso rock?
grin
prettyzee11:
Yes ma
Re: Despacito: Most Watched Youtube Video Ever 'deleted' In Apparent Hack by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 10, 2018
I love the song

1 Like

Re: Despacito: Most Watched Youtube Video Ever 'deleted' In Apparent Hack by thesicilian: 6:09pm On Apr 10, 2018
It's a tactic to get more people to watch the video
Re: Despacito: Most Watched Youtube Video Ever 'deleted' In Apparent Hack by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 10, 2018
Just like I guessed, already added extra 2 million views in just a few hours from when I posted my last message.

Re: Despacito: Most Watched Youtube Video Ever 'deleted' In Apparent Hack by Jeel: 6:17pm On Apr 10, 2018
Just for fun?
Re: Despacito: Most Watched Youtube Video Ever 'deleted' In Apparent Hack by MissRaine69(f): 6:18pm On Apr 10, 2018
Had started to really hate that song

3 Likes

Re: Despacito: Most Watched Youtube Video Ever 'deleted' In Apparent Hack by MisterGrace: 6:20pm On Apr 10, 2018
greenhulk:

Damn! So exhausting. The original one had 5billion views. SMH
Re: Despacito: Most Watched Youtube Video Ever 'deleted' In Apparent Hack by Greatzeus(m): 6:20pm On Apr 10, 2018
greenhulk:

Yea, apparently YouTube addressed the issue. The funny thing is a lot of people will go and view this video after the hack just to confirm if it's been truly deleted. Expect it to hit 6b views in a couple of days.
Not Possible sir,do you know the years and various circumstances that led to those youtube views? None of the videos hacked will ever get the number of previos views ever again,at least not in a decade time.
Just like saying P-square with the highest view for Personally in Nigeria,can garner more than 80millions views if the previos views were deleted,never
Re: Despacito: Most Watched Youtube Video Ever 'deleted' In Apparent Hack by tokrizy: 6:20pm On Apr 10, 2018
abeg make ona come teach me work oo..i gazz hack aso rock so we can see what bubu is up to..his nxt move

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. / Which Gionee Phone Is The Best You Have Used / Infinix Note 7: Top 5 Features/Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.