Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

How To Check If Your Facebook Information Was Shared With Cambridge Analytica - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Check If Your Facebook Information Was Shared With Cambridge Analytica (419 Views)

How To Check Your Glo Number With USSD (2021); All Codes For Glo Network / Facebook Fined £500,000 For Cambridge Analytica Scandal / Steps To Find Out If Your Facebook Data Was Passed To Cambridge Analytica (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Check If Your Facebook Information Was Shared With Cambridge Analytica by lotusbeta: 2:29pm On Apr 10, 2018
Facebook has started notifying up to 87 million people that their information was improperly obtained by Cambridge Analytica, but not everyone has received the notification yet. If you haven’t seen the prompt in your News Feed, there’s a simple way to check your account. Facebook’s help center now has a section that tells you whether you or a friend were affected, available right here.

Affected users will be prompted to change app settings, but it’s worth checking over the list of Facebook apps you have to ensure you remove ones you no longer need. Facebook is not notifying individual users of the identify of the friend who used the “This Is Your Digital Life” app, though.

Facebook is now implementing platform changes to prevent other Facebook apps from improperly obtaining data again in the future. The company is looking for “suspicious activity” from developers to audit them, following similar app restriction changes made back in 2014. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg will now testify before Congress this week to answer questions about his company’s use and protection of user data.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/4/10/17218548/facebook-cambridge-analytica-check-data-sharing
Re: How To Check If Your Facebook Information Was Shared With Cambridge Analytica by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:49pm On Apr 10, 2018
the fact that my information was possibly shared is not the craziest thing here, what i most care about is the VAST amount of info about me that is stored by FB (even after i delete it.

i was shocked when i downloaded my info, and saw DELETED MESSAGES that i sent 10yrs ago, photos i sent via pm that were later deleted, photos i uploaded and deleted, info about who i added as friends, who i removed as friends or blocked, who i sent friend request to and who i declined, EVERYTHING single action I did is stored, and can be accessed by FB. WTF!!!!

it is so easy to get it, so technically, if you leave your FB open on a pc, anyone can download it and view it.... scary!!!

(1) (Reply)

Ice Match Saga (the Coldest Match 3 Game!) Please Download & Review / Android Best Vpn Apps | Access A Private Network And Share Data Remotely / How To Scan Large And Small Documents Using Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.