Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,846 members, 7,813,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

Which Do I Go For? Please Advise Me...Bank job or security guard job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Do I Go For? Please Advise Me...Bank job or security guard job (1204 Views)

House Security/ Guard Job / Please Help My Friend With A Security Guard Job Anywhere With Accomodation. / I Need A Security Guard Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Do I Go For? Please Advise Me...Bank job or security guard job by AGManuel: 2:38pm On Apr 10, 2018
l'm a fresh graduate who just finished serving (December last year) I took up a security Job with a security company coz I didn't want to be Idle, pay is 25k for a start, to be increased to 35k after 3 months, training is for two weeks and I've spent over 15k for training transport fare and feeding, I'm rounding up by Friday...now the problem is, a bank invited me for interview coz I wrote test with them, the first interview was successful and the follow up is tomorrow, pay is 30k for marketing , to be increased based on commission and performance , d security company can't allow me to go for the follow up interview coz training is very strict and intense, I ve begged and tried all I can just to go for the interview 2moro but they refused, I even had to lie on medical grounds for permission all to no avail, I don't know which to choose, d bank Job has no security if you can't meet their Target, should I quit the security Job or forget about the interview, help me Pls...
Re: Which Do I Go For? Please Advise Me...Bank job or security guard job by MissMich(f): 2:45pm On Apr 10, 2018
TBH I forget about the interview and focus on your current job, who knows it might pay off better than the bank.

1 Like

Re: Which Do I Go For? Please Advise Me...Bank job or security guard job by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 10, 2018
If neither of them are in line with your desired career, I think the most logical thing to do is choose the one that pays more until you find a place where you can practice what you studied in school. In this case, the security job. Besides, as a security officer you'll have more time to yourself and can study during that time, so you won't lose touch with things you've learned before.

2 Likes

Re: Which Do I Go For? Please Advise Me...Bank job or security guard job by ifex370(m): 4:27pm On Apr 10, 2018
As I see 30k for bank job... shocked

Fear catch me

5 Likes

Re: Which Do I Go For? Please Advise Me...Bank job or security guard job by Holywizard: 4:38pm On Apr 10, 2018
Stick with the formal oga
Re: Which Do I Go For? Please Advise Me...Bank job or security guard job by TGM2015: 6:44pm On Apr 10, 2018
AGManuel:
l'm a fresh graduate who just finished serving (December last year) I took up a security Job with a security company coz I didn't want to be Idle, pay is 25k for a start, to be increased to 35k after 3 months, training is for two weeks and I've spent over 15k for training transport fare and feeding, I'm rounding up by Friday...now the problem is, a bank invited me for interview coz I wrote test with them, the first interview was successful and the follow up is tomorrow, pay is 30k for marketing , to be increased based on commission and performance , d security company can't allow me to go for the follow up interview coz training is very strict and intense, I ve begged and tried all I can just to go for the interview 2moro but they refused, I even had to lie on medical grounds for permission all to no avail, I don't know which to choose, d bank Job has no security if you can't meet their Target, should I quit the security Job or forget about the interview, help me Pls...
That bank job is a contract job... Contract job in a bank is a career trap except some few banks that have the prospect for converting outsourced (contract) staff. For a marking job... Hmmmm... please do NOT accept the offer, stay in your current job and grow.

I assume your qualification is OND/NCE, if that is true, please think of upgrading your qualification or saving to start a business of your own.

Wishing you best in your decision.

1 Like

Re: Which Do I Go For? Please Advise Me...Bank job or security guard job by robert334: 7:00pm On Apr 10, 2018
Bro, focus on that security job for now, is more reliable than that marketing job.

1 Like

Re: Which Do I Go For? Please Advise Me...Bank job or security guard job by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:23pm On Apr 10, 2018
Wat is d name of d security company dst package a lie of 25 ist den 35k later... all dis lie lie pple just Tel pple truth mba...all cos wrk node nonsense...
Re: Which Do I Go For? Please Advise Me...Bank job or security guard job by micgray100(m): 7:49pm On Apr 10, 2018
Better stay with the security company... It is a flexible job.. It has both day and night shift.. During night shifts, you can be scouting for better job in the day when you free..

Bro I am a living witness.. Good luck bro..

Register your Limited Liability Company for just 85k within 5 working days.. See more than 200 commendations on my trend.. Just click my name.. Micgray100.. You will see my trends..

1 Like

Re: Which Do I Go For? Please Advise Me...Bank job or security guard job by terrezo2002(m): 8:22pm On Apr 10, 2018
Pray about it.

1 Like

Re: Which Do I Go For? Please Advise Me...Bank job or security guard job by Ojobojo1(m): 8:58pm On Apr 10, 2018
This is a no brainer, take the bank job because you will get experience which will help you get far better jobs in the future. I see no career path with the security guard job whereas you gain quality marketing experience and network with important people. Marketing is really cool if you know it well, I know a Marketing Director collecting over 5m per month.
Re: Which Do I Go For? Please Advise Me...Bank job or security guard job by Jacktheripper: 10:04pm On Apr 10, 2018

(1) (Reply)

When Am I Getting My Next Job / 6 Best Countries You Can Travel To Abroad To Work And Earn Money / Cover Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.