Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,062 members, 7,842,022 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Why Personal Development Is Important - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Personal Development Is Important (698 Views)

3 Investments For Personal Development. / Personal Development And Discovery / Personal Development Training Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Personal Development Is Important by kozamsi(f): 4:19pm On Apr 10, 2018
I became keen about self-development when I looked around me and found out that the average Nigerian young lady in my generation is only interested in makeup, fashion and gist about men. They particularly have nothing to contribute when it comes to deep conversation with the men folks and would rather just sit down, smile and make faces rather than lend a voice (Permit my observation as it might not be totally correct) As I ponder on this discovery, I also found out that the young men get intimidated when they see a young lady that can stand up to their intelligent power and would rather engage them in deep conversations rather than just smile. Not to take pride in being a smart young lady but I’ve seen this scenario play out several times when I have a conversation with a young man.

The truth is I wasn’t born extra smart nor was I one of those overly intelligent girls in school, instead, I’ve painstakingly and consistently sought ways to improve myself. I make sure I attend seminars, conferences hangouts and workshops that are geared towards self-improvement. I’ve also read books, listened to audios and researched on various articles that would help me improve me from where I am now to the next level.
Before this self-discovery and improvement journey, I was that average school girl that felt that she was never really good enough and won’t be able to match others intelligence so I’d rather sit still and watch people engage in intellectual conversations. The moment I realised that I was as good as everyone I admire and look up to, I began to search for things to improve myself. I devoured books on various categories that promised to change my life, I read books on how to be confident, how to live a better life, how to be positive and much more. Google was also helpful as I never stopped reaching on articles and post that had to do with finding you, doing you and being happy from within.

The new set of knowledge I found opened my mind and gave me motivation on how to take control of my life. In the process of finding myself, I found God and this helped my self-development and improvement process. It is my desire that this post helps you make a decision to take a bold step towards self-improvement and eventually helping you become a better version of yourself.

So today, I’d be sharing with you 7 reasons why you should embrace personal development;

Personal Development Brings Confidence

I’ve come to realise that a lot of being who feel inferior or have low self-esteem often blame their predicaments on past experiences and negative experiences that have happened to them in the past. I’ve also discovered that the confident ones especially ladies are those who chose to deliberately work on themselves irrespective of what has happened to them. So personal development brings peace and confidence so much that you don’t even have to worry about other peoples’ opinion because you are comfortable in your own skin.
You’d Love and Understand Yourself More

Taking time and patience to improve yourself will eventually lead you to find out who you really are. This is because in the process of reading so many things you’d stumble on the knowledge that would give you a clearer perspective on why you act, think and react the way you do. The process of improving yourself will make you find you and fall in love with you thereby knowing your strength, weakness traits and opportunities that surround you.
Read more here https://kozdiaries./2018/03/26/why-self-development-is-important/

Re: Why Personal Development Is Important by Miraclamp: 7:57am On Jun 12, 2020
That is true..

I find a personal development website where you too inspire the world.
You can submit your post, articles, quotes or poems

www.witfound.com

Okay let me write more..

Hello Wordlchanger, Okay now, you can post all your inspirational write up on an online magazine and share it with your friends.

*Why you should post your articles, write ups or poems with us*

✔️ You inspire multiple audience. Not only your friends but entire world.
✔️ We provide you a platform to change the world with your word
✔️ You can make money turning your advice, tips or poem into pdf and sell it.. (interesting right!! )
✔️ You have the opportunity to be featured as witfound influencer of the week.
✔️ You can build your social media followers (your social media links is included in your profile which is shown at the bottom of your article or post.
✔️ Submitting your articles or post is free forever!!
✔️ You need to check it out yourself.

It is time to change the world with your word... What are you waiting for World Changer?

Click This Link To Read Post

������
www.witfound.com

Click This One To Submit Your Articles or Post.

����������
https://witfound.com/submit-post-2/

Together we can change the world.

Re: Why Personal Development Is Important by WilderPeters: 12:55pm On Dec 30, 2020
Personal development is an important form of nourishment. The most important of which is goal setting on a daily basis so that you can aim for something small everyday. It is a very small task but it is very rewarding.

(1) (Reply)

Are You Looking For Professional Writers To Hire? / This Artist Paints Better With Her Breasts Than Most People Do With Their Hands / As A Child Then, What Was Your Dream Profession And What Are You Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.