Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,491 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

Help Nigeria Security Agency Confisticated My Package From Amazon - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Help Nigeria Security Agency Confisticated My Package From Amazon (964 Views)

India Offers To Help Nigeria Fight Insecurity -prof. Funmilayo Adesanya-davies / Lagos Security Agency Boss, Ajasa, In Alleged Abuse Of Office, Financial Misappr / See What I Got As A Relief Package From The Governor(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Nigeria Security Agency Confisticated My Package From Amazon by johnnyholtby(m): 4:39pm On Apr 10, 2018
Please I need your advice...I ordered a phone from Amazon (Samsung s8plus and an SD card)...but it's been undergoing clearance from custom ever since it's shipped to Nigeria... I thought that's a normal process (this won't be my first time ordering things from Amazon)... not until I got a parcel delivered to me...I thought it's my package...only to check and find a letter stating I need to travel down to Lagos for some clearance.. it sounds weird and strange to me... please I need you guys to put me through as I don't know what to do... I'll attach the letter I got from them.. thanks!

Re: Help Nigeria Security Agency Confisticated My Package From Amazon by powerkey: 11:33pm On Apr 10, 2018
that letter seems fake....

why didn't they use their official letterhead to write an official letter like this....

Have you tried to track the consignment?

Did you make the payment or you asked someone to pay for you?

Could it be that the payment was done through a fraudulent card?

Pls confirm before you move
Re: Help Nigeria Security Agency Confisticated My Package From Amazon by johnnyholtby(m): 5:40am On Apr 11, 2018
powerkey:
that letter seems fake....

why didn't they use their official letterhead to write an official letter like this....

Have you tried to track the consignment?

Did you make the payment or you asked someone to pay for you?

Could it be that the payment was done through a fraudulent card?

Pls confirm before you move
the letter came through a DHL officer inside the popular yellow nylon or whatever...I paid through my account mind you this won't t be the first time I'm ordering things from Amazon..I made the payment myself...the name on the package is mine...I tried tracking the package through dhl... it's been on hold by the custom since last week..I'm so so devastated
Re: Help Nigeria Security Agency Confisticated My Package From Amazon by Cosplay: 12:20am On Apr 12, 2018
A lot about this correspondence seems off. From the language to the vague references.

However I can confirm that a Joseph Ilorah appears to be a DHL employee ostensibly in their security department.

That doesn't necessarily lend veracity to this letter, but that and the other details such as the accurate waybill and delivery information leads one to believe that this certainly emanated in some way from DHL, or in collaboration with DHL, legally or illegally.

Your best bet would be to contact DHL and make inquiries as to the status of the package and the authenticity of the letter. Find their official email addresses or phone numbers for any further communication. Save all emails and have records of all other communication with them.

My opinion.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Gain 200level Direct Entry In Any University Of Your Choice Through IJMB / Looking For A Female Roommate In Benin / Video Of A Bricklayer Using Magic To Invoke Blocks (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.