Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Spare parts business , anyone interested ? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Spare parts business , anyone interested ? (2621 Views)

Going Into Provisions Wholesale Business ,anyone With Nestle Link ? / Fire Razes Auto Spare Parts Market In Ibadan (Photos, Video) / Free Online Business Anyone Can Do Just By Clicking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spare parts business , anyone interested ? by pepboys: 6:41pm On Apr 10, 2018
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have experience with sales of GENUINE spare parts in Nigeria? My observation is that a high percentage of parts sold at major markets like ladipo are most times substandard or outright fake. We all know the effects of substandard parts on our vehicles.

I am thinking of setting up a spare parts pre-order business where car owners can conveniently place orders on our website and receive their parts within 7 days (10days max)

These parts will be ordered exclusively from the US.

For trust issues, there is a registered business office customers can place their orders at (orders can also be placed online)

I will appreciate input from anyone with experience in preorder business model.
Re: Spare parts business , anyone interested ? by breadtom: 9:56pm On Apr 10, 2018
Am into e-commerce, pre-order etc chat me if you need my expertise to run ur biz , I can be reached on 08062251431 via watsup.
pepboys:
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have experience with sales of GENUINE spare parts in Nigeria? My observation is that a high percentage of parts sold at major markets like ladipo are most times substandard or outright fake. We all know the effects of substandard parts on our vehicles.

I am thinking of setting up a spare parts pre-order business where car owners can conveniently place orders on our website and receive their parts within 7 days (10days max)

For trust issues, there is a registered business office customers can place their orders at (orders can also be placed online)

Re: Spare parts business , anyone interested ? by pepboys: 8:59am On Apr 11, 2018
What exactly do you do ? Please share here

breadtom:
Am into e-commerce, pre-order etc chat me if you need my expertise to run ur biz , I can be reached on 08062251431 via watsup.
Re: Spare parts business , anyone interested ? by pepboys: 1:03pm On Apr 11, 2018
Still expecting more ideas
Re: Spare parts business , anyone interested ? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 11, 2018
A lady in her twenties, trustworthy, hardworking and has been unemployed for a while now, so she has decided to go into business but can only raised little capital.

She is looking for a female partner who has the zeal and passion for success, so that we can go into food selling

People must eat everyday and she believes even if the partners start small we can grow the business to a big one

Please only serious minded person should contact her, not slay queen....lol

She is ready to start immediately and so should the person and please only serious minded person ,must know one or two things about cooking.....instead of waiting for that dream job, let's create job for ourselves and be financially OK.

Location Lagos
Email. Viviancollins949@yahoo.com
Re: Spare parts business , anyone interested ? by breadtom: 6:20pm On Apr 11, 2018
U have my number ,pleae reach me via watsup 08062251431 or drop ur number to enable me reach you for further discussion.
pepboys:
What exactly do you do ? Please share here

Re: Spare parts business , anyone interested ? by MimiShopping: 7:03pm On Apr 11, 2018
pepboys:
Hi everyone,

From a professionals perspective, I will analyse what you are about to venture into to give you a better understanding of how ecommerce and online sales work in Nigeria.

First, let me inform u that I am a mechanical engineer by academic profession but have now ventured into sales and marketing both online and offline.

Before I established my online business; ecommerce, etc, I worked with a big transport company and later with a company that serviced transport and logistics firms by providing them with automobile tyres (for cars, buses, coasters and big trucks), fuel and oil filters, vehicle speed limit devices, tracking devices and later car programming service for electronic trucks like Mack, Volvo, Sterling, etc.

During my years of working as a sales rep and later a coordinator with major on automobile services, I discovered certain things about Nigerians and their consumption of automobile services and products.

If you the owner of a vehicle go to the spare parts shop and buy a spare part to fix your vehicle without giving the mechanic the money to go and buy by himself from which he will make some kickback, the mechanic will condemn any parts you bought by yourself citing uncountable reasons why the parts is bad.

This is one major challenge with selling spare parts online in Nigeria because I once thought of establishing it in 2014 but after much research and based on my person experience, I had to pause it.

So for the above reason, 99% of car owners in Nigeria have no other option than to give their mechanics money to purchase won spare parts for fixing their vehicle. Which means low sales for any online spare parts dealer because the mechanics that buy the parts are not internet savvy to buy online and will never ever buy parts online when they can rush to their regular partner on crime parts seller to give them one they would make profit from irrespective of the parts condition.

Another challenge you will encounter is convincing Nigerians to pay before delivery, it can never work well with costly and delicate items like vehicle spare parts in Nigeria. Nigerians find it difficult to pay konga, a reputable organisation that had been delivering items to them to pay on delivery for items less than 10,000naira, now talk about Nigerians buying items worth thousands and paying an unpopular brand before they deliver, it will take a lot of resources to make this work.

I render such service; nationwide pay on delivery service for ecommerce entrepreneurs and those who sell things online.

So pls make proper research like u have started before u launch out to avoid avoidable losses and eventual failure which I pray not for u.

1 Like

Re: Spare parts business , anyone interested ? by BetaThings: 7:58pm On Apr 11, 2018
MimiShopping:
From a professionals perspective, I will analyse what you are about to venture into to give you a better understanding of how ecommerce and online sales work in Nigeria.

First, let me inform u that I am a mechanical engineer by academic profession but have now ventured into sales and marketing both online and offline.

Before I established my online business; ecommerce, etc, I worked with a big transport company and later with a company that serviced transport and logistics firms by providing them with automobile tyres (for cars, buses, coasters and big trucks), fuel and oil filters, vehicle speed limit devices, tracking devices and later car programming service for electronic trucks like Mack, Volvo, Sterling, etc.

During my years of working as a sales rep and later a coordinator with major on automobile services, I discovered certain things about Nigerians and their consumption of automobile services and products.

If you the owner of a vehicle go to the spare parts shop and buy a spare part to fix your vehicle without giving the mechanic the money to go and buy by himself from which he will make some kickback, the mechanic will condemn any parts you bought by yourself citing uncountable reasons why the parts is bad.

This is one major challenge with selling spare parts online in Nigeria because I once thought of establishing it in 2014 but after much research and based on my person experience, I had to pause it.

So for the above reason, 99% of car owners in Nigeria have no other option than to give their mechanics money to purchase won spare parts for fixing their vehicle. Which means low sales for any online spare parts dealer because the mechanics that buy the parts are not internet savvy to buy online and will never ever buy parts online when they can rush to their regular partner on crime parts seller to give them one they would make profit from irrespective of the parts condition.

Another challenge you will encounter is convincing Nigerians to pay before delivery, it can never work well with costly and delicate items like vehicle spare parts in Nigeria. Nigerians find it difficult to pay konga, a reputable organisation that had been delivering items to them to pay on delivery for items less than 10,000naira, now talk about Nigerians buying items worth thousands and paying an unpopular brand before they deliver, it will take a lot of resources to make this work.

I render such service; nationwide pay on delivery service for ecommerce entrepreneurs and those who sell things online.

So pls make proper research like u have started before u launch out to avoid avoidable losses and eventual failure which I pray not for u.

Excellent points
The mechanics are too powerful and are wicked.
Even if the problem of your car is not solved due to faulty parts bought by the mechanic or due to his incompetence, they don't care
They just want that take from the cost of the part

However, there is a need to deliver us from the scourge of fake parts. It is an unbearable cost
You keep changing the same parts and they keep making excuses

I am interested in this business model. Not everybody can be accommodated though. There are some who will only buy when matters are getting out of hand and they always want the quickest fix, not the reliable one. This model is not for them
In addition a taxi driver who visits a mechanic only when his car breaks cannot wait for 2 days for parts. He does not have a second car and that car is the only source of income for him
This model is not for him

But some middle class people who cannot go to standard garages but still want reliability will like this. Cost is an issue for a lot of people. The market will be bigger if genuine parts can come from low-cost locations like China
But there is a market and I have thought of the issue before because a friend once bought a part from the US for his car through another friend. He saved money and got good quality

1 Like

Re: Spare parts business , anyone interested ? by Nobody: 5:18am On Apr 12, 2018
BetaThings:

Excellent points
The mechanics are too powerful and are wicked.
Even if the problem of your car is not solved due to faulty parts bought by the mechanic or due to his incompetence, they don't care
They just want that take from the cost of the part

However, there is a need to deliver us from the scourge of fake parts. It is an unbearable cost
You keep changing the same parts and they keep making excuses

I am interested in this business model. Not everybody can be accommodated though. There are some who will only buy when matters are getting out of hand and they always want the quickest fix, not the reliable one. This model is not for them
In addition a taxi driver who visits a mechanic only when his car breaks cannot wait for 2 days for parts. He does not have a second car and that car is the only source of income for him
This model is not for him

But some middle class people who cannot go to standard garages but still want reliability will like this. Cost is an issue for a lot of people. The market will be bigger if genuine parts can come from low-cost locations like China
But there is a market and I have thought of the issue before because a friend once bought a part from the US for his car through another friend. He saved money and got good quality

A salute you for thinking about your business model and the target market. Most Nigerians buyers don't realize that they may not be in the targeted demographics of a specific business.

Online sales is the next big thing in Nigeria. I'm a firm beleiver on this.

I intend to open a automotive sales and repair warehouse once I'mretired and living in Nigeria.

Good luck on your plans and strategy.
Re: Spare parts business , anyone interested ? by Kayharry(m): 12:18am On Oct 13, 2020
Re: Spare parts business , anyone interested ? by SkyeAyers: 8:16am On Nov 16, 2020
If I had known such a great deal for a spare part supplier would be there for me in the future, then I wouldn’t have asked my brother at Waircom to quit his spare parts business and to focus on something else. Now I regret that...

(1) (Reply)

Payment Proof Below..best Online Business To Earn From / Can Anyone Help Me With Authetic List Of E-currency Exchanger? / Please, Where Can I Find Chloroform To Buy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.