Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Can Npower Actually Solve The Problem Of Nigeria Unemployment!? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can Npower Actually Solve The Problem Of Nigeria Unemployment!? (377 Views)

Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate To Rise To 41% In 2023- KPMG / Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate Jumps From 27.1% In Q2 2020, 33.3% In Q4 2020 / Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate Rises To 27.1% - NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can Npower Actually Solve The Problem Of Nigeria Unemployment!? by barajo1(m): 8:19pm On Apr 10, 2018
The idea of Npower scheme is not totally bad. It as given many youths something meaningful to do. I believe it is meant to solve the problem of unemployment in the country. Actually, at the moment it is achieving just that. But will it be sustainable at the long term?
To start with, I think the scheme has taught Nigerian Youths one thing; (patience ) it is a virtue. After several months of uproar, the 2017 pre selected batch had succumb to fate. Good one! I think the youths need it. The scheme has also put food on the table of thousands of youths. No matter how meagre the stipend looks!
But come to think of it. How much can a graduate save from #30,000 stipend? What happens to the beneficiaries after their tenure? Go back to the labor market? I doubt! If the program is actually meant to empower the youths :
1. Why can't land be allocated to the NAgro beneficiaries? Plough it, supply them with seeds, fertilizers and other agrochemicals. Animals and feeds could be given to those interested in the animal sector. The produce will then be purchase by the Government at a reasonable price.
2. Why employ teachers for 2 years? The government's primary and secondary schools need Teachers! Why can it be a permanent job?
3. Why can't Grants/ Loan be given to youths that are entrepreneurs? And there can be team to monitor how the grant is utilized!
I know all these are mirage in a typical Naija setting. But someday, we will get there.
God bless PMB, God bless VPYO, God bless Nigeria!
Re: Can Npower Actually Solve The Problem Of Nigeria Unemployment!? by Solidkay(m): 8:36pm On Apr 10, 2018
Capital NO!!!!!

NEXT!!!!!!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Job Vacancy / Customer Engineer Vacancy At NCR Corporation / job updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.