Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,267 members, 7,836,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

400 Level Student Drowns In Yankari Swimming Pool. - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 400 Level Student Drowns In Yankari Swimming Pool. (34036 Views)

Uniport Final Year Student Drowns While Hanging Out With Girlfriend / Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos / Elephants Kill 2 At Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 400 Level Student Drowns In Yankari Swimming Pool. by Chidonc(m): 12:05am On Apr 11, 2018
carinmom:

Exactly what happened to me at wiki warm spring in that same game reserve when we went on field trip, I was saved by my classmate.
there is difference Btw yankari game resort and yankari game reserve, the later is a hotel just after government house GRA while the former is a wild life park at the out skirts of town towards go be state
Re: 400 Level Student Drowns In Yankari Swimming Pool. by Chidonc(m): 12:09am On Apr 11, 2018
it actually a hotel that the guy drowned in not the game reserve itself, Bauchi state uses the name yankari in most of her businesses, yankari game reserve is a wild life park in the outskirts of town while the resort is just a hotel in the GRA metropolis
Re: 400 Level Student Drowns In Yankari Swimming Pool. by Acecube(m): 12:45am On Apr 11, 2018
yommen:
Something similar would have happened to me way back in school but for effort of a friend. I drank water already no be small. And since then, I don't joke with water.

A very painful loss! RIP, bro.
same with me, life guard came to my rescue

1 Like

Re: 400 Level Student Drowns In Yankari Swimming Pool. by arcike(m): 1:00am On Apr 11, 2018
get ur facts straight at d O.P... I was at yankari all try d wkend and no1 died... d said student died at bauchi destination hotel which is a stone trow from d said remee clinic and it was a party he was attending.. and d said student is a 500l student, just dat he missed I.T so he is meant 2 go wit d present 400l... frm a very reliable source... his course mates actually
Re: 400 Level Student Drowns In Yankari Swimming Pool. by Nobody: 1:09am On Apr 11, 2018
So sad may his soul RIP
Re: 400 Level Student Drowns In Yankari Swimming Pool. by donqx: 1:28am On Apr 11, 2018
ohhh
Re: 400 Level Student Drowns In Yankari Swimming Pool. by vineyardfarms: 1:44am On Apr 11, 2018
[quote author=Issakendrick post=66599959]Gabriel Emmanuel Chinonso, a 400 level student at the Department of Electrical Engineering at the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, has reportedly died in the swimming pool of the Yankari Games Resort. .
He drowned while swimming in the pool on Sunday. The Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Kamal Abubakar, who confirmed the incident, said that the Command got a call concerning the incidence.

He said that men of the Command were immediately deployed and they recovered the student, after which he was rushed to the Remee Clinic, GRA, were he died while receiving treatment.

Source:
http://www.nairaplus.com/2018/04/400-level-stude
WHERE ARE THE LIFE GUARD ON DUTY AND THOSE HE WAS WITH?
Re: 400 Level Student Drowns In Yankari Swimming Pool. by dacanv(m): 2:05am On Apr 11, 2018
This is the 5th student , so far this year, that I have read died in a swimming pool.. 5th student and all males. What is happening people?
Re: 400 Level Student Drowns In Yankari Swimming Pool. by AMvanquish: 2:51am On Apr 11, 2018
Hargbo:
sorry for derailing, RIP to the dead anyway.
Pls I want to know more about this Yankari and how much does it cost to enter and what will it cost or take me to enjoy it to its fullest

There's lots of info about d place online. Definitely one of the nicest places to visit in Nigeria.
Re: 400 Level Student Drowns In Yankari Swimming Pool. by oweman: 4:22am On Apr 11, 2018
These is probably one of the biafrogs with caustic mouth made to abuse daily non stop he might even be a Nnamdi kanu supporter .
Re: 400 Level Student Drowns In Yankari Swimming Pool. by ud4u: 5:46am On Apr 11, 2018
Why swimming in the pool when you don't know how to swim. Last week it happened in Lagos and now north , what is happening. Let these people be cautious. Rip
Re: 400 Level Student Drowns In Yankari Swimming Pool. by TMemos: 6:10am On Apr 11, 2018
tmanis:
how do you people manage to do it, how hard can it be to keep your head out of the water, or, at least, stay in the shallow end of the pool? When it's not the Atlantic Ocean, and you people are drowning upandan in ordinary pool...

There a number of reasons.

Some people pass out while in the pool even at the shallow end.

Some for some reasons drift, sometimes unknowingly, to the deep end.
Re: 400 Level Student Drowns In Yankari Swimming Pool. by Alameer(m): 6:13am On Apr 11, 2018
[quote author=carinmom post=66601959]
grin[quote author=carinmom post=66601959]
lol can I teach u how to swim? am expert
Re: 400 Level Student Drowns In Yankari Swimming Pool. by Quintuple: 7:33am On Apr 11, 2018
chefremy:
Rip to the dead, just wondering how deep is the swimming pool.
The heading is wrong.
It os not a swimming pool but rather a spring water
Re: 400 Level Student Drowns In Yankari Swimming Pool. by spencekat(m): 9:58am On Apr 11, 2018
No life guard.Was he swimming alone?
Re: 400 Level Student Drowns In Yankari Swimming Pool. by Willybos(m): 10:09am On Apr 11, 2018
RIP ma Gud friend in pankshin?
Re: 400 Level Student Drowns In Yankari Swimming Pool. by Willybos(m): 10:10am On Apr 11, 2018
RIP ma Gud friend in pankshin!
Re: 400 Level Student Drowns In Yankari Swimming Pool. by femmyAdagba(m): 11:40am On Apr 11, 2018
That pool is truly tempting.
Though the water looks fresh and inviting.
I was also temptedcto swim when I visited there last year.
RIP bro
Re: 400 Level Student Drowns In Yankari Swimming Pool. by chefremy(m): 7:14pm On Apr 11, 2018
Quintuple:
The heading is wrong. It os not a swimming pool but rather a spring water
oh ok thanks
Re: 400 Level Student Drowns In Yankari Swimming Pool. by chefremy(m): 7:15pm On Apr 11, 2018
Jiang:

very deep, you can't even see the bottom especially the side where the water originates close to the rock
Thanks
Re: 400 Level Student Drowns In Yankari Swimming Pool. by Yaronmama: 5:42pm On Apr 22, 2018
arcike:
get ur facts straight at d O.P... I was at yankari all try d wkend and no1 died... d said student died at bauchi destination hotel which is a stone trow from d said remee clinic and it was a party he was attending.. and d said student is a 500l student, just dat he missed I.T so he is meant 2 go wit d present 400l... frm a very reliable source... his course mates actually

GOD BLESS THE SENIOR MAN SIR. ALL THE WAY OGA SIR. Sir please I just want to know if an artificial tooth will lead to disqualification during afsb pls sir. thank you sir
Re: 400 Level Student Drowns In Yankari Swimming Pool. by arcike(m): 12:59am On Apr 23, 2018
Yaronmama:

GOD BLESS THE SENIOR MAN SIR. ALL THE WAY OGA SIR. Sir please I just want to know if an artificial tooth will lead to disqualification during afsb pls sir. thank you sir

it might, it might not... it depends on ur state competitiveness and Hw tough d afsb is... stay strong
Re: 400 Level Student Drowns In Yankari Swimming Pool. by Yaronmama: 8:56am On Apr 23, 2018
arcike:

it might, it might not... it depends on ur state competitiveness and Hw tough d afsb is... stay strong
thank you very much sir. but it's my molar tooth. I'm just afraid
Re: 400 Level Student Drowns In Yankari Swimming Pool. by arcike(m): 2:51pm On Apr 23, 2018
Yaronmama:
thank you very much sir. but it's my molar tooth. I'm just afraid

young man!! write d ndaee, pass, den train... don't worry abt d tooth 4 nw

1 Like

Re: 400 Level Student Drowns In Yankari Swimming Pool. by Yaronmama: 4:17pm On Apr 23, 2018
arcike:

young man!! write d ndaee, pass, den train... don't worry abt d tooth 4 nw
okay sir, thank you sir

(1) (2) (Reply)

Church Set Ablaze After Pastor’s Son Stabbed DJ To Death In Ibadan. Photo / Robbery Incident In Bayelsa, Suspect Shot By JTF (Photos) / 2 Keke Thieves Set Ablaze By Angry Mob In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.