Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,898 members, 7,828,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

ISTQB Standard Trained Software Tester. Any Other Tester In The House? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / ISTQB Standard Trained Software Tester. Any Other Tester In The House? (1756 Views)

What Are Those Steps To Becoming A Penetration Tester? / Software Tester/ QA Engineer / Snr Software Quality Assurance Analyst/software Tester At Imperial Consult (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ISTQB Standard Trained Software Tester. Any Other Tester In The House? by Mboi: 9:40pm On Apr 10, 2018
I just finished a Foundation Level (ISTQB Standard) training on Software Testing.
The training was very nice and encouraging and shows that Software Testing as a career is a good one. Am just trying to raise cash for the Certification exam which is N70k.

Any other tester(s) in the house? Please come in let's rub minds and move together.
Re: ISTQB Standard Trained Software Tester. Any Other Tester In The House? by Mboi: 7:55pm On Apr 12, 2018
Software testers come in. I need past questions for the exam.
Re: ISTQB Standard Trained Software Tester. Any Other Tester In The House? by farolee(m): 9:19am On Apr 30, 2018
I want to explain software/automation testing to me.I will appreciate if you can txt me on 08067881017.Thank you.
Re: ISTQB Standard Trained Software Tester. Any Other Tester In The House? by Mboi: 11:51pm On Apr 30, 2018
farolee:
I want to explain software/automation testing to me.I will appreciate if you can txt me on 08067881017.Thank you.
Software testing is the practice of making sure that a software performs the expected function before it goes life. After the developers have finished developing a software, there's is a need for an independent person or persons to test and confirm the functionality of that software before it will go live before customers or expected users start using it. This is done so that if there's any defect, it will be reported and the developers will go back, trace and rectify the issue. If a software is not tested before it goes live, if there's a failure or failures on that software it will cost the business a large amount of money to rectify the issues.

Software testing is of two types; Manual testing and Automated testing (automation).
Manual test involves testing the software manually by an individual or team of individuals to make sure that the particular software does what they said it does and also doesn't do what its not meant to do. Eg; A bank wants to build a software that helps you to apply for a loan via ATM, applying their terms and conditions. After the developers have finished building and incorporating the software in the ATM machine, there will be a need to test this software, using it to apply for a loan via that ATM,applying their terms and conditions before it'll be released for customers to start using it.

So those people who use it first to confirm the functionality are called testers and the type of testing they're doing is MANUAL Testing. If they find any issue (defects or bugs) it will be reported to the developers for rectification.
Testers in this category do not need to know anything in programming to do their job.

Then the other type which is automation is not that common in Nigeria. This one is done in programming language and testers in this category needs to have knowledge of basics in programming, at least know how to write a script. Most testers here are also programmers or developers and it's done with testing tools which also are very expensive that some firms can't afford to spend on it.

So most times when you here Software testing in Nigeria, it's mainly manual testing that we do not automation.

Hope I answered your question shaa....

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ISTQB Standard Trained Software Tester. Any Other Tester In The House? by Southboy(m): 11:15am On Jun 12, 2018
I work in a software company.

Call me lets hook up

Re: ISTQB Standard Trained Software Tester. Any Other Tester In The House? by SimplePlan34: 9:53am On Aug 29, 2022
Mboi:
I just finished a Foundation Level (ISTQB Standard) training on Software Testing.
The training was very nice and encouraging and shows that Software Testing as a career is a good one. Am just trying to raise cash for the Certification exam which is N70k.

Any other tester(s) in the house? Please come in let's rub minds and move together.

hi i am learning software testing, have you written your exam if so how much and where

(1) (Reply)

How To Design A Great Medical App / Female Programmers Lets Meet Here / Need This Book - Professional's Guide To POS For .NET By Sean D. Liming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.