Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Obasanjo Made Telecoms Business Thrive, Says Dangote - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Obasanjo Made Telecoms Business Thrive, Says Dangote (9890 Views)

Falling Diesel Pump Price’ll Reduce Inflation, Says Dangote / Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote / Nigerian Economy Will Blossom, Says Dangote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Made Telecoms Business Thrive, Says Dangote by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:17am On Apr 11, 2018
I also remember someone said Jonathan brought Facebook to Nigeria. cheesy
Re: Obasanjo Made Telecoms Business Thrive, Says Dangote by Nobody: 8:19am On Apr 11, 2018
hatchy:
Yea! That is just the plain truth...like it or leave it, Obasanjo is a true and tactical leader with focus. His eight years brought so many positive changes in our national life.

Buhari even if given fifty years will not achieve what Obasanjo achieved in his eight years in power. A foolish and idiotic president who openly said he doesn't know how to make money is not fit to handle a complex economy of Nigeria.

Buhari has never written a book in his life,never delivered any intellectual speech and had never employed people...this man is a certified dunce.

OBJ is just better than Buhari.

Nothing more.
Re: Obasanjo Made Telecoms Business Thrive, Says Dangote by Nobody: 8:19am On Apr 11, 2018
ItsMeAboki:
It must have been ur Aboki brother.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Made Telecoms Business Thrive, Says Dangote by hotwax: 8:20am On Apr 11, 2018
ItsMeAboki:

Aboki, Facebook is an application brought to you, made possible due to Telecom which Obasanjo enabled. You wont be talking about Facebook if there is no telecom.

I think our youth are too illiterate. Education in Nigeria is getting guttered

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Made Telecoms Business Thrive, Says Dangote by ottohan: 8:20am On Apr 11, 2018
Abagworo:

What Obasanjo did in Telecoms, Buhari has done in rice which is even better.
And how much is a bag of rice during Jonathans regieme as compared to dat of buhary?
Re: Obasanjo Made Telecoms Business Thrive, Says Dangote by kenex4ever(m): 8:28am On Apr 11, 2018
Dangote failed to tell us that he gave him tax annual leave in his cement factory and seized the license of other competitors when he was still importing. Till today, I heard he is Still enjoying tax holiday in some of his cement lines.
Re: Obasanjo Made Telecoms Business Thrive, Says Dangote by Gerrard59(m): 8:28am On Apr 11, 2018
hatchy:
Yea! That is just the plain truth...like it or leave it, Obasanjo is a true and tactical leader with focus. His eight years brought so many positive changes in our national life.

Buhari even if given fifty years will not achieve what Obasanjo achieved in his eight years in power. A foolish and idiotic president who openly said he doesn't know how to make money is not fit to handle a complex economy of Nigeria.

Buhari has never written a book in his life,never delivered any intellectual speech and had never employed people...this man is a certified dunce.

You mean the same Obasanjo that stole $16bn in search of constant electricity?
Re: Obasanjo Made Telecoms Business Thrive, Says Dangote by Jsucre(m): 8:30am On Apr 11, 2018
Nigeman:

Dry Joke
pour am water or lubricate am
Re: Obasanjo Made Telecoms Business Thrive, Says Dangote by Toluwaase(m): 8:36am On Apr 11, 2018
jerryunit48:
It’s true but I think he got his shares too ... but the fact is that at the pace mobile telecommunications was spreading up it was just a matter of time before it gets to Nigeria even if he had wanted it or not China would have still penetrated Nigerian market
The same way electricity has spread to Nigeria. We don't appreciate Obasanjo for his achievements. If he had not been creative, yes gsm would have spread to Nigeria, but under NITEL. It would be poorly managed, expensive with very poor network, samerhing that is happening to electricity.
Re: Obasanjo Made Telecoms Business Thrive, Says Dangote by daroz(m): 8:40am On Apr 11, 2018
SoNature:
I like Obasanjo for not just being detribalized but also for his jokes.

I learnt Buhari wants to be funny too but he cracks dry jokes.

Insiders say that his aides just laugh at Buhari's dry jokes because they don't want to lose their jobs. grin
grin grin[left][/left]
Re: Obasanjo Made Telecoms Business Thrive, Says Dangote by pennylland: 8:42am On Apr 11, 2018
OBASANJO BROUGHT MTN,NIGERIA'S,JONATHAN CALLED ALL COMUNICATOIN COMPANY TO REGISTER FOR SECURITY REASONS,MTN FAIL,GOVERNMENT FINE MTN,BUHARI CHIEF OF STAFF COLLECTED BRIBE FROM MTN,IS THE REASON THE ATTACK ACROSS NIGERIA AS RESULTS MTN DIDN'T REGISTER THE ATTACKERS
Re: Obasanjo Made Telecoms Business Thrive, Says Dangote by israelmao(m): 8:48am On Apr 11, 2018
Abagworo:

GEJ laid concrete foundation for agricultural prosperity long before Buhari came on board it was this laudable achievement that brought former minister for agriculture,Adesina into the international limelight to be appointed as the chairman of African Agricultural Development Bank as for the comparison between agriculture and telecommunication the later brings better earnings for Nigeria than the former.And with all the achievement that is being noised abroad a bag of rice still goes for N16,000 twice as much as it was during GEJ's era what a paradox!In addition rice is not the only food in Nigeria.
Re: Obasanjo Made Telecoms Business Thrive, Says Dangote by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:18am On Apr 11, 2018
hotwax:

Aboki, Facebook is an application brought to you, made possible due to Telecom which Obasanjo enabled. You wont be talking about Facebook if there is no telecom.

I think our youth are too illiterate. Education in Nigeria is getting guttered

Mr. Education; it would appear that you never have heard of sarcasm before.

That ignorant statement was actually made by Labaran Maku in an attempt to heap real and imaginary praise upon his sponsor GEJ.

It may surprise you that I also have a certificate (of excellence) in computer studies as one of my qualifications - under estimate this Aboki at your peril.
Re: Obasanjo Made Telecoms Business Thrive, Says Dangote by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:19am On Apr 11, 2018
PrecisionFx:

It must have been ur Aboki brother.

Yes na my bloda Okwonkwo.
Re: Obasanjo Made Telecoms Business Thrive, Says Dangote by hotwax: 9:30am On Apr 11, 2018
ItsMeAboki:

Mr. Education; it would appear that you never have heard of sarcasm before.

That ignorant statement was actually made by Labaran Maku in an attempt to heap real and imaginary praise upon his sponsor GEJ.

It may surprise you that I also have a certificate (of excellence) in computer studies as one of my qualifications - under estimate this Aboki at your peril.

Its not funny...you are talking about certificate...LOL...many Masters degree holders without employment...certificates are like pure water in Nigeria.

Certificate does not equate mental prowess.

You brought up Jonathan-Facebook saga here. Obasanjo actually brought Teelcom. I remember then, you need to go a phone boot with a coin to make phone call. ANd the queue can abort pregnancy.

Unlike Jonathan Facebook...Bringing telecom to Nigeria is a credit to OBJ. Telecom cannot bring itself without government's doing. Facebook is an app which can be accessed with an internet. Jonathan did not build facebook. OBJ enforce legislation, seek foreign investors, provided conducive investment climate for telecom investors. Provided license and regulations.

Even the TSTV under Buhari has still not materialize so give OBJ the respect he deserves

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Made Telecoms Business Thrive, Says Dangote by yazach: 9:35am On Apr 11, 2018
hatchy:

So as President write book, the country go com better gbam. Just continue, 2019 is around the corner
Re: Obasanjo Made Telecoms Business Thrive, Says Dangote by 2016v2017: 9:37am On Apr 11, 2018
hatchy:

Re: Obasanjo Made Telecoms Business Thrive, Says Dangote by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:50am On Apr 11, 2018
hotwax:

Its not funny...you are talking about certificate...LOL...many Masters degree holders without employment...certificates are like pure water in Nigeria.

Certificate does not equate mental prowess.

You brought up Jonathan-Facebook saga here. Obasanjo actually brought Teelcom. I remember then, you need to go a phone boot with a coin to make phone call. ANd the queue can abort pregnancy.

Unlike Jonathan Facebook...Bringing telecom to Nigeria is a credit to OBJ. Telecom cannot bring itself without government's doing. Facebook is an app which can be accessed with an internet. Jonathan did not build facebook. OBJ enforce legislation, seek foreign investors, provided conducive investment climate for telecom investors. Provided license and regulations.

Even the TSTV under Buhari has still not materialize so give OBJ the respect he deserves

That was why I said you probably never heard of sarcasm before; otherwise you would have understood the message.

Sometimes it is better to keep quiet than advertise one's ignorance.

So you mean to tell me that a masters degree is no a certificate qualification - do you even know the meaning of certificate?

No, OBJ did not bring Telecom (i.e. telecommunications) into the country; we already had that but rather he brought GSM - big difference.

Next time, think before you type.
Re: Obasanjo Made Telecoms Business Thrive, Says Dangote by hotwax: 9:58am On Apr 11, 2018
ItsMeAboki:

That was why I said you probably never heard of sarcasm before; otherwise you would have understood the message.

Sometimes it is better to keep quiet than advertise one's ignorance.

So you mean to tell me that a masters degree is no a certificate qualification - do you even know the meaning of certificate?

No, OBJ did not bring Telecom (i.e. telecommunications) into the country; we already had that but rather he brought GSM - big difference.

Next time, think before you type.

You had NITEL which is an archaic wired network. OBJ brought MTN, GLO, Econet and other ISPs to propagate a real telecom not that stereo land lines.

Yes telecom has always been everywhere even before the age of Adolf Hiltler. The real telecom is revolutionized wireless GSM technology. NITEL was not even making any profit. NITEL made telecom a rocket science. We never knew the meaning of telecom

I was right when I said Nigerian certificates are pure water. Are you not a prove that Nigerian certificates are useless?
SO give OBJ the due respect.
Re: Obasanjo Made Telecoms Business Thrive, Says Dangote by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:17am On Apr 11, 2018
hotwax:

You had NITEL which is an archaic wired network. OBJ brought MTN, GLO, Econet and other ISPs to propagate a real telecom not that stereo land lines.

Yes telecom has always been everywhere even before the age of Adolf Hiltler. The real telecom is revolutionized wireless GSM technology. NITEL was not even making any profit. NITEL made telecom a rocket science. We never knew the meaning of telecom

I was right when I said Nigerian certificates are pure water. Are you not a [b]prove [/b]that Nigerian certificates are useless?
SO give OBJ the due respect.

You made a factually incorrect statement and were duly corrected - just deal with it.

Isn't it quite ironical that a person like you, who doesn't even know that a masters degree is in fact a certificate qualification, would be among those talking about our poor educational standards.

What a shame.
Re: Obasanjo Made Telecoms Business Thrive, Says Dangote by mosesjida(m): 10:38am On Apr 11, 2018
These two Economic gurus were d bedrock of Nigeria economy before..always wanting to monopolise everything..#thanks to adenuga
Re: Obasanjo Made Telecoms Business Thrive, Says Dangote by hotwax: 10:40am On Apr 11, 2018
ItsMeAboki:

You made a factually incorrect statement and were duly corrected - just deal with it.

Isn't it quite ironical that a person like you, who doesn't even know that a masters degree is in fact a certificate qualification, would be among those talking about our poor educational standards.

What a shame.

Whats this one talking? Can't you use your brain?

Any result/certificate or output of any Nigeria academic system is valueless.

Thats what you should deal with. STop giving me Masters degree shiiit. They are all pure water.

Everyone is Chattered account..Oracle certified without job. Whats the essence of that certificate when there is no job?

It means you have a failed academic system which produced someone like you.

You can't even interpret a simple logic. Very pathetic
Re: Obasanjo Made Telecoms Business Thrive, Says Dangote by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:52am On Apr 11, 2018
hotwax:

Whats this one talking? Can't you use your brain?

Any result/certificate or output of any Nigeria academic system is valueless.

Thats what you should deal with. STop giving me Masters degree shiiit. They are all pure water.

Everyone is Chattered account..Oracle certified without job. Whats the essence of that certificate when there is no job?

It means you have a failed academic system which produced someone like you.

You can't even interpret a simple logic. Very pathetic

I am not surprised that many of you will fail JAMB and still blame the village witch - since reading and comprehension is completely alien to you.
Re: Obasanjo Made Telecoms Business Thrive, Says Dangote by hotwax: 11:24am On Apr 11, 2018
ItsMeAboki:

I am not surprised that many of you will fail JAMB and still blame the village witch - since reading and comprehension is completely alien to you.

Go tell that to your incompetent teachers who passed people like you.
Re: Obasanjo Made Telecoms Business Thrive, Says Dangote by ItsMeAboki(m): 11:46am On Apr 11, 2018
hotwax:

Go tell that to your incompetent teachers who passed people like you.

So says someone does no know what is sarcasm and still believes that OBJ brought telecom (telecommunications) to Nigeria. SMH.
Re: Obasanjo Made Telecoms Business Thrive, Says Dangote by biggy26: 11:47am On Apr 11, 2018
Oluwaseyi456:
Is that an achievement?
It is bra!
Re: Obasanjo Made Telecoms Business Thrive, Says Dangote by biggy26: 11:50am On Apr 11, 2018
Abagworo:

Is it rice you used in typing what u just said? You need a cold drink bro to relax.
Re: Obasanjo Made Telecoms Business Thrive, Says Dangote by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 11, 2018
Everyone knows this
Re: Obasanjo Made Telecoms Business Thrive, Says Dangote by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 11, 2018
PrecisionFx:

By selling us simcard made of plastic n silicon for 33k

Abi by selling is basic phones like Alcatel, Samsung true eyes n Nokia 3310 for over 30k

When did OBJ become the CEO of any telco to determine the prices they sold their products to Nigerians or are you just this ignorant?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Made Telecoms Business Thrive, Says Dangote by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 11, 2018
lestat:

When did OBJ become the CEO of any telco to determine the prices they sold their products to Nigerians or are you just this ignorant?

OBJ is a major shareholder on MTN Nigeria. Stay there and keep talking trash.

OBJ didn't build a telecom network in Nigeria with state funds, So stop counting it as an achievement.

Like I said earlier, what are u defending Nigerians paid average of 33,000 naira for simcard(made up of silicon n plastic) that costs less than N10 naira to produce n nierians also paid over 30k for basic phones that costs less than 3k naira in other countries. How much is the same simcard today N100 or less.

U were probably 5 years old wen mtn came and that's why ur talking absolute trash on an issue unknow nothing about.

It is the duty of the federal government to regulate ALL businesses in Nigeria to prevent them from duping n raping her citizens. Obasanjo simply used MTN to massively enrich himself and at a point he even collects a fixed share per MTN card loaded nationwide.

Same top thief OBJ withdrew 16 billion dollars 1 year before he left office to establish NIPP n build 10 gas turbines. None of those gas turbines reached 10% completion n he left office. Till today, 16 billion dollars he withdrew remain unaccounted for.

Same OBJ bought the 5 GENCOS for himself as a president n paid only 30% of its worth.

So pls commot for road.
Re: Obasanjo Made Telecoms Business Thrive, Says Dangote by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 11, 2018
PrecisionFx:

OBJ is a major shareholder on MTN Nigeria. Stay there and keep talking trash.

OBJ didn't build a telecom network in Nigeria with state funds, So stop counting it as an achievement.

Like I said earlier, what are u defending Nigerians paid average of 33,000 naira for simcard(made up of silicon n plastic) that costs less than N10 naira to produce n nierians also paid over 30k for basic phones that costs less than 3k naira in other countries. How much is the same simcard today N100 or less.

U were probably 5 years old wen mtn came and that's why ur talking absolute trash on an issue unknow nothing about.

It is the duty of the federal government to regulate ALL businesses in Nigeria to prevent them from duping n raping her citizens. Obasanjo simply used MTN to massively enrich himself and at a point he even collects a fixed share per MTN card loaded nationwide.

Same top thief OBJ withdrew 16 billion dollars 1 year before he left office to establish NIPP n build 10 gas turbines. None of those gas turbines reached 10% completion n he left office. Till today, 16 billion dollars he withdrew remain unaccounted for.

Same OBJ bought the 5 GENCOS for himself as a president n paid only 30% of its worth.

So pls commot for road.

You are a rude obnoxious toad

All this you listed are all unverifiable and nothing but conjectureits your type that sit in road side beer paliurs spreikg garbage with confidence in a loud voice to mask total ignorance of the truth

Get off and don't.quote me again with your under bridge allegations

Tout
Re: Obasanjo Made Telecoms Business Thrive, Says Dangote by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 11, 2018
lestat:

You are a rude obnoxious toad

All this you listed are all unverifiable and nothing but conjectureits your type that sit in road side beer paliurs spreikg garbage with confidence in a loud voice to mask total ignorance of the truth

Get off and don't.quote me again with your under bridge allegations

Tout

LMAgrin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can I Start A Chin Chin Business With 5k?(help) / Nigerian Oil Firm, Oranto Invests $500mn In South Sudan Oil / YouWin Second Round Candidates List For The 36 States And FCT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.