Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Boomerang. Life Is Pay Back. New Short Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Boomerang. Life Is Pay Back. New Short Story (339 Views)

She Wants To Pay Back With Sex / Boomerang! / Poem: Boomerang By Nengi Dan-jumbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Boomerang. Life Is Pay Back. New Short Story by EgbechoFaith(f): 11:26am On Apr 11, 2018
There were noises of splashing water and droppings around the house. Then somebody groaned, groaned again to the ears of the wall. Abigail could not ignore the terrifying atmosphere any longer so she ran from where she was sitting in the living room straight to the toilet where she met Efe vomiting out her life.

Abigail quickly applied a simple aid by rubbing her back gently, soothing her pain.

In the midst of the uproar, Efe began to shed tears. Abigail could not make out why she kept crying, she cried even more whenever Abigail’s palms caressed her back. It has been a long time someone cared for her even for a second.

Efe and Abigail were housemates, controversial housemates, housemates that sleep under one roof but on different beds, move out of the house in different directions and never chat up each other.

Efe was the archetype of the I-don’t-care-attitude that has been going on. Although, Abigail tried her best to be a real housemate, Efe had made up her mind not to succumb. She was rigidly tied up to her life by herself, with herself and into herself.

Again, Abigail refused to ignore what just happened, she carefully took Efe to her bed and laid her there, she sat beside her and asked.

‘Efe you can talk to me. Are you pregnant? Are you carrying a child?’ She repeated the same question for five times yet Efe remain visibly unshaken.

Abigail got pissed and roared, ‘What in heaven’s name is wrong with you? Can’t you just answer me for God knows when since I moved in to share this house with you?’

‘I am not pregnant. I am just ill. So leave me alone. I can take care of myself.’ Efe finally answered.

‘I will leave you as usual but today I will simply tell you the truth. You are very selfish, a self-centered domineering bastard. You never talk to anyone or you think I’m a low class? You chased your caring boyfriend away three months ago in this house, I saw it. You take people’s care and love for granted. No one ever comes to visit you and you never talked about any. I wonder who you will talk to if not me now. You are all bottled up and life is not like that. Get that!’

‘Abigail I will never talk to neither you nor anyone. I can handle everything, even this moment. So stay on your own.’ Efe said still maintaining her stand. She covered herself with a blanket.

Abigail laughed. Laughed so loud and said, ‘Look at who can handle everything when you are dying. Well, stay alone for all I care. You will surely need someone like me who wants to listen and heaven help you that day or you will never get me,’ She stormed out of the room.

Efe quickly took her phone, she knew she needed someone to talk to.

For the past one year, everyone appeared so valueless in her eyes. She didn’t want any friend or any boyfriend, the reason she broke up with her third boyfriend in a row. Everyone seemed to care too much, exhibiting soft and weak attitudes that she never liked.

She has chased them all away yet she needed another, another body that she has been lusting after. Efe was totally ignorant of some of the tricks of life, some of the things she can get from different kinds of people and things that she can never get from them.

Her relationship with Steve has been quite a rock and roll. Two young idiots sleeping with each other without getting involved and no matter how fun the sex has been, they labeled each other enemies with benefits.

Efe preferred that kind of life but now she wants Steve’s ears, she needs to talk to him and she believed that he would definitely answer. Of course he will, coition was so real between them.

With her hands trembling, she quickly typed a long message and sent. She typed another and sent, patiently waiting for his reply. To herself, she imagined Steve will leave whatever he was doing and come to take care of her.

She was still imagining that all the attention seeking messages she sent to him will yield his love. She dozed off.

Few hours later, Efe woke up to reality. She touched her phone but there was no reply. Then she quickly sent another text.

‘Hey, what are you doing that you cannot answer me? No matter what, I just want to talk to you, to someone.’

Miraculously, she got the reply she has been waiting for in a text form but not in a lovely adornment. She opened the message and read,....

Continue:
http://egbechofaith.com/boomerang-new-story-yourlibraryforreals/

(1) (Reply)

Here's A Beautiful Reminder To Embrace Positive Change In Your Life. / >>> The Personal Act - Aren't We LAZY??? / Massive Hit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.