Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,044 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

How To Write A Letter Of Introduction For Visa Application - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Write A Letter Of Introduction For Visa Application (10894 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Receives Letter Of Approval For Lekki Airport / 105 Years Later, A Letter In A Bottle Thrown From Titanic's Deck Found (Pics) / Chinese Embassy Document Legalization: Letter Of Introduction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Write A Letter Of Introduction For Visa Application by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 11, 2018
When you want to travel somewhere, you often have to apply for a visa. Many people are confused by all the visa application hassle because they need to collect a lot of documents, one of which is a letter of introduction to embassy. In this article, we will show you the most common way how to write a letter of introduction for visa application.

Writing a self-introduction letter to embassy: best tips

First of all, you should know there are a lot of visa types, which mostly depends on the country you are visiting, and the occupation of the traveler. Most often, people apply for either travel visa, which means they want to see a new country with tourist purposes, or business visa when you have some important business in this country that you need to complete. A visa can also be temporary or permanent, which depends on whether you want to live in this country or just visit it temporarily. Either way, you will have to write a letter of introduction for visa application, and this is a really important part. So, you need to make sure that your letter of introduction contains all the necessary information about you, which the embassy workers need to know.

The visa application requirements are different in every embassy, so the introduction letter rules can also vary from each other. However, we will provide you with some of the most common rules that you will need to know if you want to apply for a visa and are required to write a letter of introduction. These are just the common guidelines. If you want more information, you should clarify all the necessary questions with the particular embassy workers. Keep in mind that the letter has to be written in a formal style, so you will need to find some basic guidelines about formal language and memorize them.

If you want to apply for travel visa, you should include the following aspects in your introduction letter:

The recipient’s address, which should be in the upper right corner.
Your personal address and contact details, which are active if the embassy decides to contact you.
Current date.
Your objective, which is no longer than one full sentence.
You will need to turn to the person you are writing to “Dear (full name)”. For example “Dear Mr. Johnson”, or “Dear Sir/Madam” if you do not know their name.
Then, you will need to start with “I, (your full name)”, and then formally describe where you are going and for which purpose, when the trip supposedly starts, and when it ends. Next, you will have to clarify the full duration of your trip.
Afterwards, you will need to mention that you have gathered all the necessary documents for your visa, and are requesting the application for a visa for your mentioned duration.
The letter needs to be closed with “Yours sincerely”, your full name, and signature.

Sometimes, you will have to apply for the business visa. The process is slightly different in this case but no less easy and quick.

The letter should be from your employer and written on behalf of the company. There need to be references to the name, address, and company that you will be visiting in the foreign country, and the place where you will be staying. The nature of your business and the duration of your trip need to be clarified. The business company, where you work, should also guarantee that they will cover all the financial expenses for you. In the end, there has to be a signature from your employer. An invitation letter from the company that you are going to visit would also be a benefit. Quite often, you will also need to write your own introduction letter along with the one from your employer.

Of course, there are different versions of introduction letters – every embassy provides their own form that the applicants need to fill in. However, in most cases, there is the same information. If you are applying for a particular visa, you should find out everything about the specifics of documentation for it, and have a look at the sample of introduction letter. It is better to do it before the deadline comes.

Oya let travel!!!

Lalasticlala

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Write A Letter Of Introduction For Visa Application by princej78: 11:47am On Nov 05, 2018
pls my people I need help before I make a mistake first I am using my business license and applying as a licensed business owner I have everything except my tax clearance which I dont have and my letter of introduction I wrote a request for a visa and how long I would be spending there and also explained about the lump sums that came in July and august with invoice receipts and also told them as a business owner I dont earn a specific amount of money monthly or annually I only earn money from my trading. now its nov 4th im confused should I print from may bank statement or from June ? did I do everything right opening balance from may makes more sense than opening balance from June oh and my closing balance 1.3m also July to august more than 8 million hit my acct tho I used it for the supposed business and backed it up with invoice receipts pls answer anyone and I have landed properties stocks document im submitting all that I am submitting this week
Re: How To Write A Letter Of Introduction For Visa Application by richidinho(m): 7:17pm On Nov 05, 2018
which con3 are you trvln to?
Re: How To Write A Letter Of Introduction For Visa Application by madamgrace: 7:30pm On Nov 05, 2018
please I am to attend an exhibition in Germany and I have already booked appointment with the German embassy.

I was looking at the supporting documents and I saw; Certificate of Incorporation/Registration of the company in Nigeria, Memorandum and Articles of Association / Company and Allied Matters Act, Federal Inland Revenue Service Income Tax Clearance Certificate/Company Income Tax
Clearance Certificate of the past year and company´s bank statements of the last three months (only stamped and signed bank
statements accepted).

I am just an employee and my company said they can't handover the aforementioned company's documents to me though they have given me letter from the company to confirm that the company is aware of the trip.

please, what do I do? someone told me that the company's documents is targeted at self-employed not employee that I don't have to supply them as employee. but I can't confirm.

please help

(1) (Reply)

Speeding Driver Kills Siblings In Ogun / Visa Info: How To Apply For Kenya Visa In Nigeria / Security: LASG Begins Clampdown On Illegal Commercial Motorcycle Operators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.