Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,604 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant (31422 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by beatmonster(m): 11:58am On Sep 12, 2018
How about setting up a business after studies there?

1 Like

Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by amahmoud: 10:38am On Sep 19, 2018
Nairalander pls advice.

I was travelling with my family to Canada from Lagos, and flew through Lufthansa, so a stop over at Germany. On time to board from Germany to Canada, the airline said our visa was cancelled for no reason. We eventually thought since they won't allow us fly to our destination we can then stay here to seek Aduro. They took our passport, few weeks in camp they gave us a house and we had quickly finish our interview under 3 weeks.. We haven't stayed up till 2 months in dis country they don knack us negative, we even appeal, court still reject am but we don't get lawyer and the lawyer no dey somewhat serious. Another letter come from court and shows they can pick us up anytime and send us back to Lagos, since our passport dey there hand. Now we are thinking of changing country and go try our luck elsewhere. We already have finger print in germany. Please what do you guys advise.
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by omodunbi5140: 10:41am On Sep 19, 2018
As in...And in less 6 months...u can make it back.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by Basiljoe: 1:04pm On Sep 19, 2018
omodunbi5140:
Image or whatever you uploaded is not displaying.
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by Mizwisdom(f): 3:24pm On Sep 19, 2018
amahmoud:
Nairalander pls advice.

I was travelling with my family to Canada from Lagos, and flew through Lufthansa, so a stop over at Germany. On time to board from Germany to Canada, the airline said our visa was cancelled for no reason. We eventually thought since they won't allow us fly to our destination we can then stay here to seek Aduro. They took our passport, few weeks in camp they gave us a house and we had quickly finish our interview under 3 weeks.. We haven't stayed up till 2 months in dis country they don knack us negative, we even appeal, court still reject am but we don't get lawyer and the lawyer no dey somewhat serious. Another letter come from court and shows they can pick us up anytime and send us back to Lagos, since our passport dey there hand. Now we are thinking of changing country and go try our luck elsewhere. We already have finger print in germany. Please what do you guys advise.

I'm sorry I have to ask this question but what is pursuing you? It seems like you are running from something. If you can convince them fully as to the reason you are leaving and why you prefer living as a refugee to freedom, you will win your case. How did you get the visa to Canada? Wish you well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by Basiljoe: 11:26pm On Nov 19, 2018
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by chiboy1116: 12:04am On Nov 20, 2018
chioma134:

Please, is there anyone with an idea of any German language class in Abuja?. For those currently studying German, do you need to attend lessons or do you use internet solely? I hear of B1, C2 levels. How many levels are there and do we need to take exam for every stage? What is the average cost of learning and the exams? Thanks in advance.
ya , there is a private class at gwarimpa first . 85k for each level . Did my A1there ,but I stopped . Now I learn on my own , Duolingo, Germanpod, German with Jenny, Germanise , and other YouTube videos taught me a lot , I just learnt the basics at the private class in gwarimpa .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by keleto(m): 11:37pm On Dec 09, 2018
CassieV:

That's the living expenses for 1 year. Most German schools are tuition free, you'll only have to pay between 150-300 euros per semester depending on the school.

Living expenses,you mean accommodation and feeding?
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by ONNYX: 11:57pm On Dec 09, 2018
Berliner1:

You are about to be scammed.

Germany dont grant 2years visa.

I always invite my mom here and there is no time she was ever granted 2 years visa.

Not true.

Germany does grant Two year and even more even within the visiting category.
Maybe it is regular and definitely not for first time applicants but I assure you they do.

1 Like

Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by CassieV(f): 10:23am On Dec 10, 2018
keleto:

Living expenses,you mean accommodation and feeding?
Yes.. Accommodation, feeding, health insurance, miscellaneous, etc..
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by keleto(m): 4:14pm On Dec 10, 2018
CassieV:

Yes.. Accommodation, feeding, health insurance, miscellaneous, etc..

Thanks . So which of the schools offers bachelor in engineering with English as language of study
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by CassieV(f): 3:39am On Dec 11, 2018
keleto:

Thanks . So which of the schools offers bachelor in engineering with English as language of study
Visit daad.de/en and filter your search.

1 Like

Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by lyrical(m): 7:35pm On Dec 11, 2018
Hi Nlanders,

What would you advise an average Nigeria , who just finished school here, with no job as usual. Now, am being made to choose between going for a second degree travel out and hustle. I have someone in Germany and Dubai. pls what do you advise. School here? or Travel to germany and hustle?

1 Like

Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by Chukapage(m): 2:05pm On Dec 27, 2018
doubletroublmum:
Hi I'm living in North Rhine Westphalia near Dortmund.

If you have finished university, you will get a residence permit I think of 1 year, so you will have enough time to find a job.
I can not tell about job opportunities now, cause i work almost 15 years in the same company.

I just heard that IT / computer technology offers a lot of jobs, aswell as anything in the technical field. They also look for workers in the medical field.

There are also simple jobs like cleaning construction and so on but since many refugees/foreign people came to Germany in the last two years, you will face more applicants for such job. The better your qualification, the easier the job will be found.

In general life over here is peaceful, but once you get a job, you will work a lot. Germans like hard working people, they don't support laziness. You should try and learn the language. If Germans can't talk to you, they might not be ready to give you job (my personal experience).
hello ma'am can I pm you??
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by Chukapage(m): 2:13pm On Dec 27, 2018
Berliner1:

You are about to be scammed.

Germany dont grant 2years visa.

I always invite my mom here and there is no time she was ever granted 2 years visa.
hello ,can I send you a pm??

1 Like

Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by philip2014(m): 12:30pm On Dec 29, 2018
Same here, am a recent graduate with no job as usual contemplating between Dubai and Germany but I can only afford 2.5m not clear on which to choose, I already had 7.0 in ielts and started applying for Germany University msc. admission, I still dey reason weda to leave Germany for Dubai in other to save cost
lyrical:
Hi Nlanders,

What would you advise an average Nigeria , who just finished school here, with no job as usual. Now, am being made to choose between going for a second degree travel out and hustle. I have someone in Germany and Dubai. pls what do you advise. School here? or Travel to germany and hustle?
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 1:05pm On Dec 29, 2018
philip2014:
Same here, am a recent graduate with no job as usual contemplating between Dubai and Germany but I can only afford 2.5m not clear on which to choose, I already had 7.0 in ielts and started applying for Germany University msc. admission, I still dey reason weda to leave Germany for Dubai in other to save cost

Why Dubai?
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by philip2014(m): 2:18pm On Dec 29, 2018
Cos of the blocked account issue that requires about 4M
9JAFULLBREED:

Why Dubai?
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by Ndaife: 11:11pm On Feb 27, 2019
Good thread.. Please Brothers in the house living in Germany, are international students allowed to work in Germany while studying?? is there any hours restrictions or can one work as much as he can.
Also Can one be able to realize the Block account money and pays back to the lender while still studying
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by klique(f): 3:31pm On Apr 17, 2019
Ndaife:
Good thread.. Please Brothers in the house living in Germany, are international students allowed to work in Germany while studying?? is there any hours restrictions or can one work as much as he can.
Also Can one be able to realize the Block account money and pays back to the lender while still studying
yes you can work as a student for about 20 hours per week, you can earn between 400-500 euro or above and your monthly living cost is about 200-300 euro. you also get discount as a student when buying things.
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by honourableseyi: 10:02pm On Apr 17, 2019
klique:

yes you can work as a student for about 20 hours per week, you can earn between 400-500 euro or above and your monthly living cost is about 200-300 euro. you also get discount as a student when buying things.

For monthly living cost to be 200-300 Euro will definitely depend on the city and if he is lucky to get a cheap student apartment. In my city, the cheapest student accommodation in a student dorm is €244 while the highest is €400, then add insurance of about €92 for public or €36 for private monthly, food, semester fees and so on. €200 - €300 is not feasible per month but maybe €400 - €500 depending on the city and some other factors. It is better to overestimate than to underestimate. Shalom

3 Likes

Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by klique(f): 11:15pm On Apr 17, 2019
its possible depending on how hard you hustle, from what i have gathered so far " you can pay back within 6-8 months"
Ndaife:
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by johndoefoo: 8:02pm On May 13, 2019
honourableseyi:

For monthly living cost to be 200-300 Euro will definitely depend on the city and if he is lucky to get a cheap student apartment. In my city, the cheapest student accommodation in a student dorm is €244 while the highest is €400, then add insurance of about €92 for public or €36 for private monthly, food, semester fees and so on. €200 - €300 is not feasible per month but maybe €400 - €500 depending on the city and some other factors. It is better to overestimate than to underestimate. Shalom

In my city, student dorm is 310, insurance 105, radio tariff 25 or so, and some small bills... that’s without feeding and buying of anything, semester fees... and cost of things here is more expensive than you think. In order not to give yourself unnecessary depression or pressures... if you are borrowing from anyone tell them to give you like a year or more to pay off. And depending on your city and language level it may take up 6-8 months to get a job... it took some few weeks and some months.

Also remember it may take 1-3 months before your permit is out.

Pray for good luck.
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by Eaugusta(f): 8:17pm On May 13, 2019
Damolux01:

How sure are you bro? Let me kuku look for where to borrow from?
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by Jesusdota: 10:42am On May 14, 2019
honourableseyi:

Hi sir. Please can I send you a pm? Many thanks.
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by Basiljoe: 12:55pm On Oct 10, 2019
cool
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by fancyto(m): 4:22pm On Mar 05, 2020
doubletroublmum:
Hi. I'm living in Germany through family reunion, my hubby is a German.

Immigrating to Germany is not easy anymore like in the past 20 years. Basically I can not recommend to seek asylum here nowadays cause things have changed. Most Nigerian asylum seekers get rejection quickly, sometimes only months after arrival. Secondly asylum seekers are not allowed to work at the beginning for six months. You will also need working permit, without it it's hard to find a job. If you want to go for black job, better try bigger cities.

Try an come as student, it makes your path smoother. Learn German, it will help to find a job and make friends.

Try and mix with Germans, don't stay in the Nigerian community only. It will help you to integrate, maybe your new friends will help you to get a job and know the system.

Qualified workers are also able to apply for blue card (residence and working permit).

Good luck
Please is it easy to get a German visa after given admission, I heard they still reject some people.
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 27, 2020
doubletroublmum:
Hi. I'm living in Germany through family reunion, my hubby is a German.

Immigrating to Germany is not easy anymore like in the past 20 years. Basically I can not recommend to seek asylum here nowadays cause things have changed. Most Nigerian asylum seekers get rejection quickly, sometimes only months after arrival. Secondly asylum seekers are not allowed to work at the beginning for six months. You will also need working permit, without it it's hard to find a job. If you want to go for black job, better try bigger cities.

Try an come as student, it makes your path smoother. Learn German, it will help to find a job and make friends.

Try and mix with Germans, don't stay in the Nigerian community only. It will help you to integrate, maybe your new friends will help you to get a job and know the system.

Qualified workers are also able to apply for blue card (residence and working permit).

Good luck

Can I come as a student even though I'm not coming to school ?? Is that possible ?
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by HerrFrank(m): 4:03am On Apr 08, 2020
kiako:

Can I come as a student even though I'm not coming to school ?? Is that possible ?

Then what are you coming to do? You better delete that mindset of yours. For your information, as a student you will have to visit the foreigners office to obtain your RP. Most ppl who come directly from Nigeria get only one year RP. Meaning you will have to renew after 1 year. During renewal, you are usually given a letter to take to your school so your coordinator can sign and send back. So if you aint coming here for studies, dnt use study visa.
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by HerrFrank(m): 4:05am On Apr 08, 2020
fancyto:

Please is it easy to get a German visa after given admission, I heard they still reject some people.

The last time I checked, getting a visa interview date is like watching 3000 indian movies. Aside that, I think if you can justify the need for your intention before your V.O., you will get your visa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nnamdi Okafor: I Will Rather Be A Refugee Or Die In Ukraine Than Return / Ghastly Motor Accident At Army Gate Onitsha - Photos / 5 Children, 9 Others Killed As Truck Rams Into Passenger Bus In Kogi (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.