Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,363 members, 7,860,994 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:35 PM

"My Old Friend Denied Me From Her Wedding Because I Didnt Buy Ado Ebi" - Man - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "My Old Friend Denied Me From Her Wedding Because I Didnt Buy Ado Ebi" - Man (736 Views)

Adekunke Gold Gifts His Old Friend And Music Director A Rolex Worth N11,000,000 / Kalu Ikeagwu To Court: My Wife Denied Me Sex, Deserted Family / Apostle Suleman‘s old friend & his wife fainted as he gifted them 4bedroom flats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"My Old Friend Denied Me From Her Wedding Because I Didnt Buy Ado Ebi" - Man by TreMain: 8:48pm On Apr 11, 2018
A Nigerian twitter user @kovnificent has taken to the platform to sharebhow his old best friend refuse to invite him to her wedding because he couldn't buy her N20k aso ebi.

Aso ebi which is a common trans among Yoruba people has now taken a new dimension as it has become compulsory to wear for most ceremony, especially wedding.

He wrote:
An old friend didn't invite me to her wedding because i didn't buy aso ebi eve after explaining that i truly couldn't afford it at the time. Its ridic.
Not having aso ebi when i get married. If my friends want to get one for themselves, fantastic. Count me out.
Had to cut her off. She even suggested i took the aso ebi and paid later. I'm just like nah, its never that serious."

https://www.gistrealm.com/my-old-friend-denied-me-from-her-wedding-because-i-didnt-buy-ado-ebi-man-twitter-user-reacts/

Cc lalasticlala Dominique mynd44

Re: "My Old Friend Denied Me From Her Wedding Because I Didnt Buy Ado Ebi" - Man by Timiblanko(m): 8:50pm On Apr 11, 2018
Are you surprised? don't be. Don't forget the popular saying which says no money no friend. I will just beg you not to be angry we are all human and bound to do silly things .
Re: "My Old Friend Denied Me From Her Wedding Because I Didnt Buy Ado Ebi" - Man by godfatherx: 8:52pm On Apr 11, 2018
This practice is Ridiculous!
Now lots of ladies use it to raise money, selling cheap fabrics at ridiculously high prices. Put it bluntly, you're just stealing from your friends, on a day which they all have to be happy with you, but they are all gossiping behind you.

I was groom's man for 2 friends, the first guy dressed himself and I, while I dressed the second and I, I offered it, he didn't ask for it.

Don't inconvenient your friends because you want to get married.
Re: "My Old Friend Denied Me From Her Wedding Because I Didnt Buy Ado Ebi" - Man by goldbim(f): 9:22pm On Apr 11, 2018
I don't even bother to stress myself.I ask for your color code.if I have something similar I wear,if I don't,I wear what I feel like that's even if I feel like attending the party..its so bad that people sell cheap fabrics for triple of its original price as Aso ebi..#greed#
Also,there's a way ladies tend to look at those that are not wearing the aso ebi like they just came to eat free meal.who cares?? grin
Re: "My Old Friend Denied Me From Her Wedding Because I Didnt Buy Ado Ebi" - Man by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 11, 2018
goldbim:
I don't even bother to stress myself.I ask for your color code.if I have something similar I wear,if I don't,I wear what I feel like that's even if I feel like attending the party..its so bad that people sell cheap fabrics for triple of its original price as Aso ebi..#greed#
Also,there's a way ladies tend to look at those that are not wearing the aso ebi like they just came to eat free meal.who cares?? grin
Gbam!
Re: "My Old Friend Denied Me From Her Wedding Because I Didnt Buy Ado Ebi" - Man by donstan18: 10:02pm On Apr 11, 2018
cheesy

(1) (Reply)

'I Know So Many Girls That Think We Are Dating’ – Mayorkun / Photos From Lagos Bridal Fashion Week (lbfw) Day 1. / New Song: Rudimental X Major Lazar Ft Anne Marie & Mr Eazi "Let Me Live"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.