Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

What Right Has The Police To Seize A Vehicle Base On Certificateof Insurance - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / What Right Has The Police To Seize A Vehicle Base On Certificateof Insurance (530 Views)

Man From Gombe Constructs A Vehicle With Local Materials / Are U Buying A Vehicle?Contact Us +2348060365068 For Your Detailed Vin Report / ♀️Are You Buying A Vehicle?Contact Us+2348060365068 For Detailed Record Check♀️ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Right Has The Police To Seize A Vehicle Base On Certificateof Insurance by Sylverly(m): 8:49pm On Apr 11, 2018
Please nairalanders, my brother's car was seize due to the certificate of insurance policy holder's name is different from the name on the other documents of the car.
From my little research, such name could be that of the person who insured the car on your behalf. But our Nigerian police has always shown their level of ignorance. How do I go about this please. .
Re: What Right Has The Police To Seize A Vehicle Base On Certificateof Insurance by Sylverly(m): 8:51pm On Apr 11, 2018
Please mods I really need help..
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: What Right Has The Police To Seize A Vehicle Base On Certificateof Insurance by pat1612(m): 8:56pm On Apr 11, 2018
I dont think Police have any right to impound your car unless it is stolen.
But we stay in a country where police can do anything and go free.

1 Like

Re: What Right Has The Police To Seize A Vehicle Base On Certificateof Insurance by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 11, 2018
Nigerian police do not know their job description.

That how one stopped me and asked for papers. He now asked, "What happened to your road worthiness?

I asked him, 'Please is asking for road worthiness now part of the Police's Job?

He just walked away

A large concentration of illiterates are there

1 Like

Re: What Right Has The Police To Seize A Vehicle Base On Certificateof Insurance by psucc(m): 9:37pm On Apr 11, 2018
Guy, Just go and tell those Policemen you will only get the car at the Court of law. Things may change.

They got my boss' car on the premise that he was driving with an expired Driving License (2weeks). They demanded for money which he told them he hasn't. They kept him from 1.30pm till 5pm on the road and when they were sure he's not ready to cooperate, they took the car to Area Command, Ikot Ekpene in Akwa Ibom State.

The ASP in charge of the Patrol team asked the Corporal to deflate the tire. While he bent to carry out the orders, my boss told them "I will only get the car from the Court and can never step into the station all his live for the car". The leader on hearing this statement, went back to the corporal and asked him to hold on. My boss then turn his back on them moving out to pick Okada when they shouted at him, when he turn to see what was going on, they threw the key at him.

1 Like

Re: What Right Has The Police To Seize A Vehicle Base On Certificateof Insurance by johnabraham: 10:01pm On Apr 11, 2018
its secondary that they do or do not have right to seize the vehicle
but one thing is for sure that the name on all vehicle documents has to be the same incl third party or comprehensive insurance policy

1 Like

Re: What Right Has The Police To Seize A Vehicle Base On Certificateof Insurance by Ben6ene: 10:39pm On Apr 11, 2018
The policy holder whose name is on the certificate of insurance should clear the police about what ever issue there is.

My name is Benson, a Retail Sales Manager for Axa Mansard insurance PLC. We are part of the AXA Group which is the number of employees insurance company on earth.

Contact 07066963388 or Benson.Olowofoyekun@axamansard.com

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Bank Type Corolla Wagon / Lexus RX330 For Sale Tokounbo / Toyota Camry 2008 Used. 1.450m 08062499398,08082786748

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.