Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

My Potatoe Farm Mix With Cassava ... - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Potatoe Farm Mix With Cassava ... (2548 Views)

Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. / Why We Mix Hypo, Detergents And Potash With Cassava -fufu Producers | / Sweet Potatoe Vines Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Potatoe Farm Mix With Cassava ... by holuwabusayo(m): 1:04am On Apr 12, 2018
Planting done yesterday 11/04/2018
Just an acre of land..
But I cultivated 2000 heaps... planted potato and cassava.
Will be updating with pictures later.

Re: My Potatoe Farm Mix With Cassava ... by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 11:07am On Apr 12, 2018
These are two root crops planted together... Well potato is a short duration crop....let wait & see the harvest
Re: My Potatoe Farm Mix With Cassava ... by nhurhetee(m): 11:41am On Apr 12, 2018
Where is ur farm located?
Re: My Potatoe Farm Mix With Cassava ... by holuwabusayo(m): 5:13pm On Apr 12, 2018
BoluwGoldenFarm:
These are two root crops planted together... Well potato is a short duration crop....let wait & see the harvest

heaps are made manually and I plant potatoes on the heaps.. and the cassava stem between the heaps... though when I plant a cassava stem between a heap I will leave the next heap and plant between the next 2 heap leave one heap again plant.
that's how I do the spacing
Re: My Potatoe Farm Mix With Cassava ... by holuwabusayo(m): 5:13pm On Apr 12, 2018
nhurhetee:
Where is ur farm located?
Ibadan... ejioku to be precise
Re: My Potatoe Farm Mix With Cassava ... by bakinnola79(m): 3:15pm On Apr 24, 2018
I tried it last year using the strait long heap, but was unable to weed after one month which led to the potato overtaking the whole place. What best method is used when inter-planting the two crops?
Re: My Potatoe Farm Mix With Cassava ... by holuwabusayo(m): 8:37am On Apr 29, 2018
first weeding after 20 days of planting...

Re: My Potatoe Farm Mix With Cassava ... by bakinnola79(m): 1:07pm On Apr 29, 2018
Is it the strait heap you used or the one-one?
Re: My Potatoe Farm Mix With Cassava ... by Munzy14(m): 2:04pm On Apr 29, 2018
BoluwGoldenFarm:
It is fairly acceptable. You can intercrop the two.
Compatibility also, has a good chance on them if @op is sure of the soil nutrients, very good and accurate spacing to avoid cluster and scramble for nutrients between the two root crops.
Again the potato leaves will serve as mulching thereby influencing less weeding activities on the farm.
Re: My Potatoe Farm Mix With Cassava ... by holuwabusayo(m): 8:13am On May 06, 2018
Pictures after 25th day of planting

Re: My Potatoe Farm Mix With Cassava ... by holuwabusayo(m): 11:02am On May 15, 2018
Pls I will like to join farmers association here in Ibadan.... Pls if anyone can connect me....
or anyone that have farm around lagelu local government oyo state can chat me up on whatsapp 08145966370...
thanks
Re: My Potatoe Farm Mix With Cassava ... by holuwabusayo(m): 1:24pm On May 31, 2018
pictures taken on may29
after 7th week of planting

Re: My Potatoe Farm Mix With Cassava ... by Olami90: 1:40pm On May 31, 2018
nice job bro. I am following.

I will like to know what it cost you to clear the land?
Re: My Potatoe Farm Mix With Cassava ... by Pavore9: 2:00pm On May 31, 2018
Nice one, went through that route. wink

1 Like

Re: My Potatoe Farm Mix With Cassava ... by holuwabusayo(m): 9:46pm On May 31, 2018
Olami90:
nice job bro. I am following.

I will like to know what it cost you to clear the land?
well I paid 13k for clearing and #1500 for gathering and burning
Re: My Potatoe Farm Mix With Cassava ... by Olami90: 7:12am On Jun 01, 2018
holuwabusayo:
well I paid 13k for clearing and #1500 for gathering and burning
thank you. That is still fair.
Re: My Potatoe Farm Mix With Cassava ... by DICKOBI: 5:08pm On Jun 01, 2018
Nice mixed farming practice,please house how can I get an improved variety of pepper?
Re: My Potatoe Farm Mix With Cassava ... by holuwabusayo(m): 4:36pm On Feb 24, 2020
Been awhile here my people..

Management is the most important factor while considering going into farming..
Weed took over my farm due to my absence.. I lost most of the potatoes though took some home for consumption and give friends too..

But the cassava survived and it's ready for sale..
Thinking of getting another farmland bigger that the previous one

1 Like

Re: My Potatoe Farm Mix With Cassava ... by holuwabusayo(m): 4:38pm On Feb 24, 2020
I even want to buy this mini farm Machine brush cutter and weeder.. please has anyone use it before or anyone with the idea of how effective the machine works..
Re: My Potatoe Farm Mix With Cassava ... by Adamgeneral12: 10:14am On Jul 18, 2021
holuwabusayo:
Been awhile here my people..

Management is the most important factor while considering going into farming..
Weed took over my farm due to my absence.. I lost most of the potatoes though took some home for consumption and give friends too..

But the cassava survived and it's ready for sale..
Thinking of getting another farmland bigger that the previous one
First do the same amount of your farm land size before upgrading to a bigger one

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Vegetable Dry Season Farming Pictures / Finding OHA Tree Farmers On Nairaland / Help Needed On Starting Vegetable Farming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.