Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

3 Or 4 Days To Shaaban, What Is Your Preparation Towards The Glorious Month? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 3 Or 4 Days To Shaaban, What Is Your Preparation Towards The Glorious Month? (4057 Views)

It's 1st Day Of Shaaban. 28/29 Days To Ramadan! / The Virtue Of The Glorious Month Of Muharram / A Tailor's Whatsapp Status, 4 Days To Eid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Or 4 Days To Shaaban, What Is Your Preparation Towards The Glorious Month? by Lukgaf(m): 7:51am On Apr 13, 2018
The Month of Rajab is 26 today; by implication, there are 3 or 4 days to the Glorious of Month of Shaaban. Let me remind you of the virtues of the Month of Shaaban

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Or 4 Days To Shaaban, What Is Your Preparation Towards The Glorious Month? by Lukgaf(m): 7:52am On Apr 13, 2018
In the name of Allah…

Praise be to Allah who has created the place and time.

And peace be upon Muhammad who observed more fasting in Shaban

And peace be upon his family, companions and upon all those who adhered to the Glorious Quran.

The virtues of Shaban are a gift from Allah the Bountiful, the Bestower.

Osama son of Zaid –May Allah be pleased with them- said: I said O messenger of Allah: I didn’t see, you Fasting in any month as saw you do in Shaban?

He -peace and blessings be upon him- said: “That’s a month the people neglect it between Rajab and Ramadan, and in that month- Shaban- the people deeds are raised to the Lord of mankind, so I love to be fasting, while my deeds are raised.”

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Or 4 Days To Shaaban, What Is Your Preparation Towards The Glorious Month? by Lukgaf(m): 7:57am On Apr 13, 2018
Why it is called Shaban?

Shaban is a name of a month (one of the lunar months), it was called with this name because the Arabs were scattering in it searching for water or scattering in wars or because it appears between Rajab and Ramadan (two lunar months).

The prophet’s fast in Shaban: whereas Shaban is considered as a preparation for Ramadan, it’s preferable for Muslim to fast some days in it.

Narrated Aisha: “Allah Apostle used to fast till one would say that: he would never stop fasting! And he would abandon fasting till one would say that: he would never fast! I never saw Allah’s Apostle fasting for a whole month except the month of Ramadan and didn’t see him fasting in any month more than in the month of Shaban”[Bukhari]

«كان رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم يصوم حتى نقول لا يفطر، ويفطر حتى نقول لا يصوم، فما رأيت رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم استكمل صيام شهر إلا رمضان، وما رأيته أكثر صياما منه في شعبان»

She also narrated “Shaban was the most beloved month to Allah’s Prophet to fast in it till the beginning of Ramadan” [Declared Authentic by Al-Albani]

«كان أحب الشهور إلى رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم أن صومه شعبان ثم يصله برمضان»

Ibn Hajar said that: “this Hadith indicates the virtue of fasting in Shaban.” [belogh el maram]

Imam Ibn Rajab (one of Muslims scholars) said: “as to the prophet’s fasting during the year, he used to fast in Shaban more than any other month” [lata’ef el ma’aref]

Imam AlSanany said: “this hadith proves that the prophet -peace and blessings be upon him- was fasting in Shaban more than any other month” [sobol el salam]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Or 4 Days To Shaaban, What Is Your Preparation Towards The Glorious Month? by Lukgaf(m): 7:58am On Apr 13, 2018
The wisdom of the prophet’s much fast in Shaban:

Osama son of Zaid – may Allah be blessed with them – narrated “I said:...O Messenger of Allah why don’t I see you fast on other months like your fasting in Shaban?!”

The Prophet said “that is a month (Shaban) which people neglect between Rajab and Ramadan. In that month the people deeds are being raised to the Lord of Mankind, so I love that that my deeds are being raised while I’m fasting” [Declared as Hasan by Al-Albani]

«يا رسول الله! لم ارك تصوم شهرا من الشهور ما تصوم من شعبان؟! قال: ذلك شهر يغفل الناس عنه، بين رجب ورمضان، وهو شهر ترفع فيه الأعمال إلى رب العالمين، فأحب أن يرفع عملي، وأنا صائم»

A diagram shows the priority of months as to fasting:

The best Fasting after Ramadan is on the days of the sacred month (Muharram).

Prophet -peace and blessings be upon him- used to fast on Shaban more than any other month.

Regarding fasting, the rest of months are equal except some days which we were recommended to fast them like Arafah, Ashura and six days of Shawal,…etc)

Imam Ibn Rajab -May Allah bestows him his mercy- said about the wisdom of Shaban fasting “as the prophet Muhammad mentioned, whereas Shaban comes between two great months, Rajab (one of sacred months) and Ramadan (fasting month), the people occupied themselves with them and neglected Shaban. Also a lot of people think that fasting reward in Rajab which is a sacred month is better than Shaban fasting, but this isn’t true) [lata’ef-alma’arf book]
Re: 3 Or 4 Days To Shaaban, What Is Your Preparation Towards The Glorious Month? by Lukgaf(m): 7:59am On Apr 13, 2018
The scientific signs in Shaban Fasting

It was scientifically proved that the human body in the first Fasting days began to consume its stored reserves of fats, Proteins and others, to compensate the shortage resulting from reducing food. As a result, some poisons (adrenalin hormone) flow in blood before the body throws them out with the leftovers. That is why the fasting man feels some symptoms like headache, weakness, quick-tempered, bad temper and he may abuses others and that obliges him, sometimes to break his fast.

After few days of fasting, these symptoms disappear when the hormones ratio in blood return to their nature, with Allah’s will.

The voluntary Shaban fasting is considered as training on the obligatory fasting of Ramadan and to remove the fasting hardship in the beginning of Ramadan…Almighty Allah has the best knowledge….

@Sissie can testify to this?

1 Like

Re: 3 Or 4 Days To Shaaban, What Is Your Preparation Towards The Glorious Month? by sulaimon22: 9:37am On Apr 13, 2018
Jazakumullahu Khairan for the short admonition

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Or 4 Days To Shaaban, What Is Your Preparation Towards The Glorious Month? by alsudaes1(m): 9:40am On Apr 13, 2018
May Allaah subhana wa ta 'ala make it easy for us, ameen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Or 4 Days To Shaaban, What Is Your Preparation Towards The Glorious Month? by abdulskulboy(m): 9:49am On Apr 13, 2018
May Allah increase you in knowledge.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Or 4 Days To Shaaban, What Is Your Preparation Towards The Glorious Month? by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 13, 2018
barakalahu fee

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Or 4 Days To Shaaban, What Is Your Preparation Towards The Glorious Month? by walelamina: 11:38am On Apr 13, 2018
May Allah make it easy for us all and grant us Barka
Re: 3 Or 4 Days To Shaaban, What Is Your Preparation Towards The Glorious Month? by Anasko(m): 11:50am On Apr 13, 2018
Jazakallah
Re: 3 Or 4 Days To Shaaban, What Is Your Preparation Towards The Glorious Month? by carinmom(f): 2:24pm On Apr 13, 2018
Jazakallah khayran
Re: 3 Or 4 Days To Shaaban, What Is Your Preparation Towards The Glorious Month? by Teryfik(m): 3:32pm On Apr 13, 2018
may Almighty Allah reward our effort..... jazakalahum khairan to the op

(1) (Reply)

How Are You Preparing For The Blessed Month Of Ramadan? / The Islamization Of Osun Schools-- A personal appeal from Aloy@Emeka / Is It Right To Have Foursome With Your Wives In Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.