Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

Before You Make That Assumption, Read This - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Before You Make That Assumption, Read This (414 Views)

What Do You Make Of The French National Anthem / Before You Say; "Cut Soap For Me", Read This. / How Many Of You Make Regular Use Of 4chan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Before You Make That Assumption, Read This by nurmanteasynoni: 3:02pm On Apr 13, 2018
A few days ago in the village, I went to an event, a house warming ceremony. When I entered the compound, I saw some village elders I knew sitting in one corner. I went up to them and started to greet them one after the other. I shook their hands, even with the ones I didn't know until I got to one man. I didn't know him and when I extended my hand, he ignored it. After a few seconds, I withdrew the hand.

I felt very embarrassed and angry. Embarrassed for myself and angry at the man. What was he feeling like, I thought. All those other men accepted my greeting, older men even. And to my knowledge, I hadn't done anything wrong. I gave him a very scornful look, greeted the remaining men and went to take a seat.

Now even after I sat down, I was still pissed. I kept stealing glances at the man to see how he would react to other people. Then I saw it.

He was blind.

His eyes were open, but he couldn't see at all! The other people who came to greet him had to touch him first, then take his hand if they wanted to shake hands with him. Now my embarrassment level tripled. In addition to that, I felt stupid, very stupid. I was still angry, just angry at myself. I felt like that till I left the occasion.

Assumption kills like poison. Any small thing, we assume. Someone doesn't pick our calls, we assume he or she is avoiding us or is up to something. Someone doesn't give us the money we asked for, we assume he or she is stingy and wicked. Once we are turned or rejected, we start assuming. We don't put into consideration what the other party might be going through. The guy that promised you money might get into a financial situation a day before he's supposed to give you the money. The person that didn't pick your call was probably in a meeting or too busy at that moment, or even sleeping. He might not be in the mood to take your call.

But we just assume instead because it’s easier and it tends to make us the good guys.
Re: Before You Make That Assumption, Read This by Gracy3535(f): 3:29pm On Apr 13, 2018
Tanx op this was helpful

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Obioakpa Community Confers Prof. Eno Ibanga With An Excellence Award / Get The Complete Mini-importation Guide+ List Of Hot Cheap Products / What Does This Pidgin English Mean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.