Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,983 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

I Broke Up With My Girl Friend Just To Pass My WASCE - Did It Pay Off? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Broke Up With My Girl Friend Just To Pass My WASCE - Did It Pay Off? (474 Views)

How I Broke Family Tradition With First-class Degree – Toyinbo Hezekiah / Meet Sarki Abba The Genius That Was Made To Rewrite WASCE / My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Broke Up With My Girl Friend Just To Pass My WASCE - Did It Pay Off? by campusmuster: 3:43pm On Apr 13, 2018
Facebook notified me of a picture I shared 3 years ago. I took the picture a day after I broke up with my girlfriend. I decided to take out few hours to right on how I Broke Up With My Girl Friend Just To Pass My WASCE. Do you think it was worth it? Let the article tell the tale.

This is funny and very personal though, I hate to think about it. I am still wondering what prompted that but can't tell. We were both students of the prestigious Federal Government College, Ikot Ekpene, same level but different classrooms. She was Igbo and I was the opposite (Hahaha), I never spoke with her before but I used to see her around and I heard she had a senior brother (blessed memory) a class ahead of us, that was enough reason to disengage any romantic feeling (I was too young to die young).

I met her on 2go (I am sure you can relate) during the holiday. She was friendly, loving, cute, kind-hearted, loving and loving. I mistakenly told her I was single (greatest mistake), we got close and shared personal information but I was very careful not to propose.

After the holiday, I went back to school. The evening of resumption, her twin brother and his friends (7 of them) came to my house (Gongola House) telling me I was the best thing that has happened to her sister. I didn't understand and I wasn't ready to understand what they were saying.

Two days after, her senior brother sent for me (oh! who sent me). He was fair and much cuter than his sibling. When I met Him he asked me to narrate everything - I did (with all amount of accuracy).  Lo, and below he congratulated me and told me He will kill me if I broke her sister's heart.

A day after we separated, I was all suited up for some real stuff.

Green Light, Pom Pom! We were officially seeing each other. Travel to her classroom, she would do same. Walked to the refectory together, "Pinnacle of Glory" (I am sorry, I can't explain what that means - Only an alumnus will understand), I never missed morning jogging again and during extensions.

We went on and on until our SS3 First term. West African Certificate Examination was a pen throw and I was sure that my failure was working out in my village square. I tried reading, each word was translated to love (OMG, I was in love). I lost concentration, focus and I was in love.

There was a common saying in school - It all ends in the blue gate

I didn't want mine to be that way but I was sure either way it will still end. She came from a rich family and from the Nigerian setting he has 90% chances of getting into the university. My Mum will kill you before you even suggest any funny academic shortcut.

I wasn't ready to stay an extra year at home. My junior brother Daniel Bassey and school son Mmekut-Abasi were directly looking up to me. I couldn't afford to fail. At this stage, fear was the real deal.

"Emmm! i i i, emmmm! I i think we need to to to kinda you know break up like not real life break up but you know stop seeing each other for some time" - I rehearse my break up speech.

And eemmmmmmm! I think you should come the remaining part here: https://www.campusmuster.com/lifestyle/i-broke-up-with-my-girl-friend-just-to-pass-my-wasce/

Re: I Broke Up With My Girl Friend Just To Pass My WASCE - Did It Pay Off? by lovelylad: 3:48pm On Apr 13, 2018

1 Like

Re: I Broke Up With My Girl Friend Just To Pass My WASCE - Did It Pay Off? by campusmuster: 3:50pm On Apr 13, 2018
lovelylad:

Hahahaha, nice comment

(1) (Reply)

'Shaku Shaku & I Like ur Waist In Particular' Is Included In Uniben Exam Quetion / Where Can I Get A New Birth Certificate- Not Affidavit? / UNIJOS Graduate, Kenneth Ononeze Okwor Bags LLM Degree From Harvard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.