Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

NYSC: Nigeria has a high number of graduates who lack basic common sense - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC: Nigeria has a high number of graduates who lack basic common sense (879 Views)

Graduates Who Shun NYSC Mobilization To Face Immediate Prosecution – DG / Graduates Who Skip NYSC Can Contest Governorship Elections" - Court Declares / Prospective Batch B Graduates Who Haven't Seen Their Names On NYSC Portal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC: Nigeria has a high number of graduates who lack basic common sense by jikins(m): 7:38pm On Apr 13, 2018
Mixed race Nigerian lady

Claudia Diers Ayodele was among the thousands of Corps members who finalized the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) scheme on Thursday.

The mixed race lady who couldn’t wait to remove her ‘horrible government uniform‘ after the Passing out Parade (POP) took to Instagram to share her experience during the programme.

She wrote:

So I passed out today.
But no, you won’t see me wearing that horrible government uniform and posing with my certificate. I literally changed less than 10 minutes after getting my certificate

A brief recap

Honestly the last 11 months were not a joke.
I don’t know how many times I wanted to literally quit NYSC but I kept reminding myself why I actually started

Why? Because you just never know when Nigerians want to make your life miserable in the future. On the positive note, I learnt a lot about the way of life in this country

Got to experience going to a state without an airport in its near vicinity. Got to experience what it’s like to be in the deepest jungle bush where even google maps imaging cannot capture the road.

Got to experience how deeply ingrained corruption and indiscipline is in Nigerians from young to old. Got to experience how simple queueing, is not possible… Over and over again

Respect rarely exists. Humility rarely exists. Shame equally rarely exists. Self-Interest exists. Before anyone gets hurt by this finding, honestly there’s a big difference between poor and middle class not to talk of upper class.

They say Nigeria has a high number of graduates, I say Nigeria has a high number of graduates who were not taught quality education and lack basic common sense.

They say the problem with Nigeria is it’s old leaders, I say Nigeria faces an even bigger problem when the young already show traits of the older generation clinging on to power.

For the first time I got to fully interact with Nigerians from all walks of life and it has been a truly humbling experience. I am grateful to those who pushed me to do NYSC because now I know up until a year ago, I lived in a bubble when it came to ‘knowing’ my country.

Re: NYSC: Nigeria has a high number of graduates who lack basic common sense by Nobody: 7:55pm On Apr 13, 2018
She's right anyways
Re: NYSC: Nigeria has a high number of graduates who lack basic common sense by Eggcelent(m): 8:23pm On Apr 13, 2018
As Depressing As It Is, I Must Agree That She Is Right On Almost All Counts
Re: NYSC: Nigeria has a high number of graduates who lack basic common sense by ifex370(m): 8:32pm On Apr 13, 2018
Go back to your bubble and leave it for us to fix
Re: NYSC: Nigeria has a high number of graduates who lack basic common sense by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 13, 2018
The fact is we know all these findings of yours before now. You have little or nothing to contribute to make it right, so, pack well.
Re: NYSC: Nigeria has a high number of graduates who lack basic common sense by HOLYDICK(m): 8:40pm On Apr 13, 2018
In as much i hate to admit about all she said... She is quite right about everything
No need for long epistle here

And i quote " got to experience were simple queuing is not possible " chai see finishing

Re: NYSC: Nigeria has a high number of graduates who lack basic common sense by rhid1: 9:15pm On Apr 13, 2018
Take a look at this one, because she wore makeup, rub lipstick and eye pencil she thinks she can criticize Nigeria as she see fit abi. Mtcheew!!! Yeye dy smell.
What the country needs right now isn't mere criticism because all the citizens are aware of the sorry state of the country, at least constructive criticism is welcome, proffer solutions not point fingers or reemphasize known problems, It isn't helping.
Re: NYSC: Nigeria has a high number of graduates who lack basic common sense by busco59: 9:28pm On Apr 13, 2018
Ewo, dis pino pino harsh, she no even hide mouth one bit. As for me she no lie, but she is too soft to be a nigerian, if she see wetin nigga like us experience 4 dis country, she go nationalize go Togo. Dey babe dey yarn of google map, airport dem, I just dey laugh. Reading through her post and seeing her write about some stuffs that seems to be a mirage to the poor, made me understand that life left her with an option. Babe take am easy, if not careful go give thanksgiving for church, because you had a choice to either quit or continue with the program, some people are praying and begging to partake in that program. The rich are lucky the always have choose, but we poor are always left with only one option, which is survival at any cost.
If the children of the elite have been partaking in such programs or schooling in our local schools, thing would have been better. Nigeria would only develop, when the poor and the rich starting utilizing the same facilities #Bleep SEGREGATION#

(1) (Reply)

NYSC: Corper Celebrates Birthday With A Wonderful Karki Outfit (photos) / Just In: NYSC Batch A 2019 Portal Now Open...!!! / NYSC For An Individual Born And Raised In The US.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.