Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,226 members, 7,829,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

I Was Born Poor, First Time I Saw An Airport Was In 2006 – Aremu Afolayan - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Was Born Poor, First Time I Saw An Airport Was In 2006 – Aremu Afolayan (1446 Views)

Aremu Afolayan: Real Face Of Lagbaja Unveiled By Actor On His Birthday / Kunle Afolayan Reacts To His Brother, Aremu Afolayan's Video, Distances Himself / Aremu Afolayan Denies Being Gay, Talks About Nollywood Actors Living In Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Born Poor, First Time I Saw An Airport Was In 2006 – Aremu Afolayan by G1STM0RE: 8:18am On Apr 14, 2018
GistMore.com

One would have easily assumed that being the son of the late popular filmmaker, Adeyemi Afolayan fondly referred to as Ade Love would mean Aremu Afolayan grew up in a wealthy home but in a chat with Saturday Beats, the actor opened up on his grass to grace story.

He revealed that he was born in a wooden makeshift house popularly known as face-me-I-face-you and had to join his mother daily to sell pepper soup after school. Aremu said, “I was born poor but I don’t know if my other brothers would say otherwise but I know that I was born poor in a makeshift wooden face-me-I-face-you house in a very poor area. Rich people never affiliated themselves with us or allowed their children to play with us. In fact, we did not see them because there were no rich people in the area I grew up, everyone was poor. There was no life for me basically while I was growing up. I got to know where the airport is in 2006. That was the year I would say I started to enjoy life a bit. I did not know anything about how to enjoy life while I was growing up and there was no one to enlighten me. That is why I never took school seriously because I had to sell pepper soup for my mother. We would go to her shop by 3:30 pm when I returned from school. Then, we would get home at about 5 pm. This happened all through my formative years, it happened from 1991 till 2002.

“My mother later had to retire from that business and I got all the freedom I had been hoping for in my life. No matter how high my hopes were, I could not just leave my mother alone to fend for herself because I am her last born. I eventually became a model in 2002. After the modeling, I went into the film industry. As a model, I got some jobs but I was always nervous in the midst of the new friends I made, no thanks to my background as a poor boy. I did not grow up going to clubs, smoking or drinking alcohol. I was not exposed to that ‘hip-hop’ life because my background modified my life and made me who I am today. If I was exposed to that lifestyle maybe I would have been dead by now because I may have had a very flamboyant lifestyle and I would be a night crawler. When I began my acting career, I tried to see if people would appreciate my talent but they were biased towards me despite my family name. No one tried to help me until I met Bob Manuel one day, he gave me a ‘waka pass’ role and like they say, the rest is history. No one, not even my brother helped me to get to where I am today. I worked hard myself,” he said.

When asked why his famous father whom many believed was wealthy could not help out, he simply said, “People assume a lot in Nigeria. My father was never a rich man; he only made money but never had money. Whenever he made money, he spent it almost immediately. He was supposed to have money but he did not because he did not have investments. He did not leave anything for me to live on but he made me work and earn a living for myself. If he had left something, maybe I would have grown better than this but it has taught me that I would not do the same for my children. My father was only famous but he was never wealthy,” he said.

BY GISTMORE http://www.gistmore.com/born-poor-first-time-saw-airport-2006-aremu-afolayan
Re: I Was Born Poor, First Time I Saw An Airport Was In 2006 – Aremu Afolayan by timwudz(m): 8:40am On Apr 14, 2018
We hear u
Re: I Was Born Poor, First Time I Saw An Airport Was In 2006 – Aremu Afolayan by yungmoney447(m): 8:43am On Apr 14, 2018
It's not a sin if you were born poor but it's a sin if you die poor...

Get RICH or die TRYING

2 Likes

Re: I Was Born Poor, First Time I Saw An Airport Was In 2006 – Aremu Afolayan by Mr2wealth: 9:03am On Apr 14, 2018
Because you have not seen an airport before makes you poor

This your own kind of poverty get as e be oh. Others are saying they are poor because there was no food to eat, you are saying you are poor because you do not know how an airport look like. grin

2 Likes

Re: I Was Born Poor, First Time I Saw An Airport Was In 2006 – Aremu Afolayan by teesugar(f): 11:32am On Apr 14, 2018
Ok, we haff year yu! Next story please!
Re: I Was Born Poor, First Time I Saw An Airport Was In 2006 – Aremu Afolayan by talk2saintify(m): 11:50am On Apr 14, 2018
shocked

Were you so poor that Planes could'nt Fly above your head when you were playing Water bottles in your "Poor" street?
Re: I Was Born Poor, First Time I Saw An Airport Was In 2006 – Aremu Afolayan by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:58pm On Apr 14, 2018
This guy is very blunt!

Bob Manuel gave him a chance something a family could not even do

Help can come from anyone

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Actress Rosemond Brown:my Saggy Breast Is Part Of My Beauty / British Model Demi Rose Flaunts Massive Ample Assets In Skimpy Swimsuit - Photos / Amazing Pictures Of A Child Who Photo Bomb His Dad Client Photo Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.