Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,651 members, 7,809,459 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

"We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) (23729 Views)

The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) / To Maintain The Rolls-Royce Of The Emir Of Kano, Sanusi: See What It Takes / The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by Dpharisee: 5:05pm On Apr 16, 2018
Emir of Iwoistan grin grin
Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 5:16pm On Apr 16, 2018
ibotic:
Yorubas need to put a bullet through this Oba’s skull...
Du bist nicht normal.
Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by naijalander: 5:26pm On Apr 16, 2018
His ancestors went to war to prevent exactly this.

1 Like

Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by lx3as(m): 5:38pm On Apr 16, 2018
puccyforker:
[s][/s]
shatap there and get out
yeroba Muslims are not real yerobas but imigrants from futa jalon
kiss the truth

You deserve no reply. I only blame the Mods.

You want to simply die on Yoruba matter just like your fellows; it's allow please, ode!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by felaismyhero(m): 6:13pm On Apr 16, 2018
kimjongJezebel:
After Iwo, Emir of Ife and Oyo loading...
am not so sure for emir of ife,since ife has a large number of xtians.but emir of oyo wud nt be a shocker.i hate religion,its always anti-reason.
Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by TheKingIsHere: 6:15pm On Apr 16, 2018
felaismyhero:
am not so sure for emir of ife,since ife has a large number of xtians.but emir of oyo wud nt be a shocker.i hate religion,its always anti-reason.

Especially Ibadan, as it has high concentration of Muslims.

I have already stated that Ibadan is next.

Just watch an see.

Alaafin of OYO will become Emir of Oyo

Olubadan will become Emir of Ibadan
Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by kings11ng(m): 6:35pm On Apr 16, 2018
Yoruba RONU
Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by Tundeobama(m): 6:36pm On Apr 16, 2018
Yoruba Christians we use to say their is nothing like yoruba muslim that we are one but everyday this yoruba muslim are selling us cheap to northern who don't fucking care about them just to use and dump.continue so if you erase oba to become Emir which ur masters up north can't do pls was the economic benefits?That bad looking iwo will now turn to full almajiri town small small boko Haram go enter.The most painful thing is people that start evil when the reparcusion show they might not be alive again.E.g ilorin Eku ise

1 Like

Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by felaismyhero(m): 6:48pm On Apr 16, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Just watch an see.

lol,but if dis really happens,then the southwest wont be safe again.xtians would run to lagos,ekiti and ondo.hunting for xtians to kill in osun and oyo would be lucrative,since the herdmen would have bases there too.then they wud set their eyes on edo state hoping to enter through that auchi side.there wud be religious battles in ogun btw xtian egbas and muslim ijebus,ijebus would lose,due to population and run into oyo state.The The Battle Would Begin.. you can learn from the 'chronicles of the sultans;how we finally dipped the quran in the ocean'
Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by TheKingIsHere: 6:50pm On Apr 16, 2018
felaismyhero:
lol,but if dis really happens,then the southwest wont be safe again.xtians would run to lagos,ekiti and ondo.hunting for xtians to kill in osun and oyo would be lucrative,since the herdmen would have bases there too.then they wud set their eyes on edo state hoping to enter through that auchi side.there wud be religious battles in ogun btw xtian egbas and muslim ijebus,ijebus would lose,due to population and run into oyo state.The The Battle Would Begin.. you can learn from the 'chronicles of the sultans;how we finally dipped the quran in the ocean'

They can't enter Edo state via auchi as Edo people hold their traditions dearly unlike the yorubas whom don't value their traditions
Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by ariesbull: 7:03pm On Apr 16, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Just watch an see.

I was in a bus in Lagos today and a Yoruba man was playing this Islamic recitations loudly from his cheap phone and the Yoruba woman a Christian told him that he is disturbing him ...the next thing I heard was that why is she complaining is it because he ain't 0kaying davido or something

The Yoruba woman told him that he is disturbing her and this is Monday morning and she needs to be focused...the man was irritated ...and increased the Arabic recitations. It was such a funny but a symbolic event

At the end ....the other Yoruba folks told the man that he is disturbing everyone yet the man didn't reduce the Islamic prayer...he told every one that he is hearing preaching....we offered him an ear peace even I had to give him a Bluetooth earpiece..the Yoruba Muslim didn't agree

Then he stopped somewhere in ikeja Along or that national bustop by airport.

This has shown the level of tolerance that we have in Western Nigeria.....we must always understand that people needs privacy and concentration.

Do we really have this tolerance in Nigeria
Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by felaismyhero(m): 7:06pm On Apr 16, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

They can't enter Edo state via auchi as Edo people hold their traditions dearly unlike the yorubas whom don't value their traditions
hmmm,you think so!.religion has the same powerful effect on everybody.or edo people would not also fall under the power of anointing?
Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by osholuamhe: 7:07pm On Apr 16, 2018
It's only part of the bigger plan. From Iwo to Oyo to Ibadan to Ife etc. They must fulfil their own part of the bargain now. Una think say ordinary mouth dey sound yum, yum?
Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by osholuamhe: 7:14pm On Apr 16, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

We are talking about money here. Money can achieve just anything.
Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by Nobody: 8:37pm On Apr 16, 2018
Zeromoney:
Jokes aside if only our Northern Muslims practice Islam without extremity just like our Yorubas practice Islam peacefully, Nigeria will be a better place.

I support an Emir in Yorubaland it's the first step towards moving the seat of the caliphate away from the extremists in Sokoto!
You think it is the people of Sokoto that make Islam violence? lol...Well they can move their caliphate to peaceful Zamfara and not Yoruba land.
Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 16, 2018
Time for segregation to start in Yoruba land...Let everybody occupy their territory
Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by Firgemachar: 8:51pm On Apr 16, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Since the traditional rulers are just figure heads, why are the decendants of Afonja looking for ways to recover the throne from the fulanis?

Are you this dull

It's all about pride/bragging rights!
Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by seun10k5k(m): 9:09pm On Apr 16, 2018
Mztarstrechy:
The people of Iwo trooped out to the street to stage a solidarity rally in support of Oluwo, Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale Akanbi as the Emir of Yorubaland and Sheikh Yahkub Abdul Baaqi Muhammad, the first Wazeer of Yorubas.The rally was organised by Jama’at Ta’awunil Muslimen with the supports of all Muslims that made up 90% of the city's population. It took place immediately after the Jumat service with placards showing Iwo people are solidly behind their Emir.

Recently, Nigeria was engulfed with different speculations and false alarm that Oluwo was trying to cede his territory the way Ilorin was ceded to the North, which was debunked in the interview granted by the King himself and the statement released by his press secretary, Ali Ibroheem.

While speaking to the people, the Ta’awun National President, Sheikh Daood Imran Molaasan said,

“The rally is to prove to the world that every step taken by the Oluwo has the backing of his people in the town. Iwo is rich in Islamic history and not only in Yorubaland alone but in Nigeria as well, the history tells; and Islam has been making a great contribution to Iwo development.

“It has helped in producing doctors in various fields, assist in establishing different Islamic foundations providing work for the people, water for different homes and promoting memorisation of Al-quran among the children and adults which in the next five years Iwo will add to its crown as the city of those who have memorised the whole Al-Quran. So what makes Iwo special among its brother’s town are numerous and also lucky to have a king who has passion for what his people want. So why won’t’ we support him?”

Oluwo thanked his people and reiterated his support for Islamic development.

“If we stand with Allah, we will surely be triumphed. In Iwo, Islam has been launched and there is nothing anyone can do about that. Call me Oba, Emir even Egwe, they are all my names. It unites us and brings us together as one Nigeria. I was coming from somewhere, very close to Iwo and the Hausa people there were just shouting Emir! Emir!I was amazed but it makes me happy. They see me as one of them. If Yoruba call me Oba and the Muslims call me their Emir, that alone promotes national unity and shows I belong to my people. So why won’t I thank my people for their support” Oluwo remarked.

He then prayed to Almighty Allah to make Iwo the Medina of Yorubas.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2018/04/iwo-stands-still-for-oluwo-stages.html?m=1
Cursed youth

1 Like

Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by lx3as(m): 10:27pm On Apr 16, 2018
puccyforker:
[s][/s]
more trash from a yeroba Muslim

Your lots are so unfamiliar with religion tolerance; and you are so PAINED on how Yorubas achieve this! One of your down syndrome suffering fella up was even analysing how war would start in Yorubaland because of religion. Let me tell you guys that flooded this thread with bigot analysis that you will be disappointed; by the time you would be having war upon war in your enclaves, we will be here reading about it. As a Christian, I wonder how Catholics engage Anglican in serious quarrels in your land and you are all here masturbating and jubilating on how one 'Childish Emir' in Iwo is taking over Yorubaland, you that have no tradition, culture or even manners.

Just the same way you jubilated when Babangida annulled MKO election and you all suffered for it as you moved away from SW then with no one chasing you. Moreover, the way you jubilated during the first coup in the North and ended up been chased away in drove. Continue! We shall see who will laugh last.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by lx3as(m): 10:33pm On Apr 16, 2018
transformed:
Time for segregation to start in Yoruba land...Let everybody occupy their territory

I know you've never crossed River Niger; may be you should ask those that have been to the SW the set up there. or better still, you can come and segregate Yorubaland, we will clap for you!
Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 16, 2018
highpriestess:

what are you saying?can an awusa man protest to have oba of kano??

Jesus Christ, you people have lost it.

SACRILEGE!
Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by nijaboi(m): 2:08am On Apr 17, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
And just why is this giving u sleepless nights when you are not even a Yoruba?
it just shows how bigoted u re for loosing sleep over issues that do not relate to u.

No matter ur 'HATE' for Islam the religion continues to prosper, deal with it bigot
Seriously I don't know the problems of these ba5tards called yigbos. Why trying so hard to win Yorùbás to ur side so u can fight north. Omo kaaro oojires are saying NO! to ur marriage and u guys want to commit suicides. Can u explain why first Christian university was built in more than 90% Muslim populated area? But when Muslims exercise their right u guys develop hypertension. In both Islam and Christianity, religion supersedes culture.
Not surprised, nairaland is 70% yigbos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:25am On Apr 17, 2018
TheKingIsHere:
PAGAN9JA come and see what is happening in Iwo town o. grin

These people will never learn.

Never replace your tradition and culture with religion.

What is there to see. we all are responsible for this mess.

We ourselves dont take our tradition seriously or practice it. it is thus natural that someone more zealous about their religion will overtake your own.

1 Like

Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by SoldierBoy1(m): 11:22am On Apr 17, 2018
Do these people think all of us Yorubas are Muslims?,or is it everyone in ìwo that is a muslim. Na by force to get Emir for Yoruba land?....... These guys wan start some kind things now . There are Christians all over Yorùbá Land and we are not a minority, so they should stop saying things like Emir of Yorùbá land.
Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 18, 2018
Adebowale89:

you should donate your brain to those that lost theirs. what's the different btw you and the m a d man roaming on the street, looking at what u posted here

you people and paucity of usage of words. something happen at Iwo town and you're using hasty generalization when no one generalize okorocha stupidity to all Igbos leaders even though they share the same ideology with him

if one don't want to be tribalistic, imbeci... like u won't allow it.
hmmmmmmmm
mtcheeewwww

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Laws Of Igboland (Iwu Obodo) / Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. / Similarity In Some Nigerian Languages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.