Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

On Aketi And AAUA School Fees Saga. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / On Aketi And AAUA School Fees Saga. (651 Views)

See Breakdown Of New Adekunle Ajasin University, AAUA School Fees 2018 / Akeredolu Increases Aaua School Fees From 35k To 200k. / (AAUA) School Fees Schedule For 2017/2018 Has Been Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

On Aketi And AAUA School Fees Saga. by Ksound23(m): 10:13pm On Apr 14, 2018
*THIS IS THE HAND WRITING OF BOUBOW IKA*
*An Article against the assertion of Ondo State Government that NOTHING IS TOO COSTLY TO BE INVESTED INTO OUR FUTURE*
No protocol was initiated before the assertion was made, so pardon me as I won't be standing on any existing protocol.
Education, which was brought into existence as a right, has now been turned to a choice, no thanks to the present Ondo State Government, under the leadership of a man from my hometown. According to BOUBOW (2018), Every man remains a good man unless acted upon by an external force called "Politics", if not so, no one will suddenly come up with the assertion that Nothing is too costly to be invested into our Future. I vehemently stand against this due to the following reasons.
1. Minimum wage of the Country
As at 2018, the minimum wage in Nigeria is N 18,000. Mathematically,it means N600 per day. With this amount, it'll be very difficult for an average Nigerian to feed and educate his or her ward(s). For this reason, it'll be very Satanic and anti-humanic in nature to expect someone who earns around this minimum wage to drop all his or her earnings (that is even if all will be enough) on his/her ward(s). Or how would someone who earns 50k monthly be able to pay AAUA 51K Acceptance fee, 150k School fee and at least 30k annual house rent?
2. Statistics of Job opportunities that have been created so far in the state
I stand to be corrected, this is the worst and most clueless state government I've ever experienced in Ondo State. After a year in office, there is still no single rumor or aroma of employment in the state, save the employments of SA, SSA, PA and "personally named offices". So after investing so heavily in our future, of what benefit is the investment? where is the Job you've created? HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN EMPLOYED SO FAR? Dr. Olusegun Mimiko offered the best graduating students automatic employment during AAUA 2015 CONVOCATION. The man from my hometown came to 2017 edition, not for something beneficial to the students, but to announce increment in the tuition fee. I thought there was a saying that if you can't build, at least don't Destroy. Even MMM was profitable at first, this policy of our dear state government is illegal, illicit and it is a broad day scam.
3. Constituents of the State Work Force
Ondo State work force is majorly centered on workers from Medical Centres, Schools, Secretariats, and Ministries. Saying nothing is too costly to be invested into our Future is just like using Abu's money to entertain Abu. In other words, it means the government will pay you salary and also expect you to bring all your earnings back to them. It's as if they don't even want us to achieve anything in life. I'm sure they'll be mad to see us build our own houses, they're absolutely against the purchase of Automobiles.
4. State Government is different from Private Sector.
My school fee back then in secondary school was just N1, 950. Meanwhile, I was given a locker and also, the government paid for my Senior School Certificate Examinations. As if I was stabbed with a dagger, I began to bleed when I heard that this current state government was too broke to continue to pay for our younger ones SSCE. And when they were challenged, they began to compare how much is being paid in private schools to Government owned schools. They forgot that private schools were formed as a result of the nonchalant attitude of the government towards funding government owned schools.
5. Awolowo's Legacy
Awolowo will be best remembered for his Free Education policy. More also, the man from my Hometown will be best remembered for destroying and giving a befitting burial for Awolowo's legacy. The man from my Hometown claimed that he is following Awolowo's legacy, it'll be bad to say that an elderly man is lying, but permit me to say that "uro we pa". If this was Awolowo's legacy, you wouldn't have been able to attain this height today.
Conclusion.
If Senators and commissioners could afford the school fees of BABCOCK, BOWEN and ABUAD, what about my mum that is selling Ata Rodo in Oja Oba? What of the poor farmers who were all shouting AKETI because they believed in the Man with white beards?
With the 5 points stated above, I can unequivocally condemn the assertion that nothing is too costly to be invested into our Future.
I'll beseech the Governor of Ondo State to think anew and act anew, that was what he told us, but it seems he needs it badly, even more than us.
Ondo State is a place of pride, the legacies of Ajasin, Adefarati, Agagu and Mimiko must not be destroyed.

Temitope O. Eyinla (BOUBOW)
Mathematical Sciences, Part IV
Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko
Writing from Okedogbon Street, Owo.
Saturday, 14th of April, 2018 around 21:15pm.

1 Like

Re: On Aketi And AAUA School Fees Saga. by Ksound23(m): 10:14pm On Apr 14, 2018
Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: On Aketi And AAUA School Fees Saga. by Ksound23(m): 10:17pm On Apr 14, 2018
Lala please push this to the main page, it can save 15,000+ AAUA students from the shackle of 500% school fees increment

(1) (Reply)

Why Do We Have Royal Fathers As Chancellors Of Higher Institution? / Rome Business School Now In Abuja / IMT Enugu Order Of Filing For Newly Admitted Students 2018/2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.