Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,301 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

5 Lies They Told Us Growing Up In Nigeria - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / 5 Lies They Told Us Growing Up In Nigeria (1840 Views)

The Ecstasy Of Growing Up In Nigeria / A Lecturer Was Teaching Us In A Philosophy Class And He Told Us That There Is No / 15 Mouth Watering Olden Days Lies Our Elders Told Us While Growing Up. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Lies They Told Us Growing Up In Nigeria by hennyholla17(m): 8:58am On Apr 15, 2018
At one point or another, we have all been told different lies by our parentsbor elders in the society. Some are just plainly crazy while others were as big as Mount Everest. Although we have forgiven those who told us these dreadful lies, we can never forget them.
So we look back to hose hold days and see how bad we have been mislead but it was one of the building blocks of an amazing child hood. Many of us believed these lies for years and when we discovered the truth, we looked silly. So we have compiled a list of those marvelous lies we were told.
Here they are:
1. The one about Lizard and your teeth:
Yeah,I remember this one so well. They told us thatbif your teeth comes off, bury deep in the sand so that Lizard won't swallow it, and if a lizard swallows it, it will never grow again. We have been mislead.
2. Pillow and your teeth:
This one really got me. We were asked to put our tooth under a pillow whenever they come off and sleep on it. While on it, make a wish. When you wake the next morning, you'll find the tooth there. I used to wish for an aeroplane.
3. Whistling in the night:
Have you ever been told that whistling in the night attracts snakes. Sincerely, I'm still scared of it but how on earth is this possible? What a superstitious lie.
4. Madam koi-koi:
This wasn't a very popular lie back then but it deserved to be on the list. Let me tell you who Madam Koi-Koi is. Madam Koi-Koi is a ghost who wears heels and disturbs boarders in schoolin the night.
Sometimes, she kills them while most times she cuts a piece of the body and eats it. Then she goes again. If you're a boarder and you're reading this,don't be scared to go to school. She ain't real!
And now for the biggest lie for generations to come
Drumroll please
5. Nigeria vs India:
This lie was the most believed lie of our generation. If you are not familiar with this lie, let me break it down for you. Get ready for a massive lie.
Nigeria played India and the agreement was that Nigeria could only win if they scored one goal. No matter the goals India score, if Nigeria scores one then they have won. So the Indians started playing and taking different shots.
When they take one shots, the ball turns to a lion, stone, mount everest, bullet, army or anything that can severely mame or hurt the keeper. So a brave Nigerian decided to take the risk and played a marvelous shot but the ball turned to a rock at his feet.
He scored but he died. And that's how we won. This was believed to be how the great Samuel Okparaji died. Mehn! This lie is more than a fantasy.

from https://www.sparkmyboredom.com.ng/2018/04/5-big-lies-they-told-us-when-we-were.html?m=1
Re: 5 Lies They Told Us Growing Up In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 15, 2018
When your biscuit falls down, don't take it coz the devil's mouth has touched it
Re: 5 Lies They Told Us Growing Up In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:06am On Apr 15, 2018
Apc said they would give us heaven on earth. I already knew it was a lie but u people believed and voted them in.

1 Like

Re: 5 Lies They Told Us Growing Up In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 15, 2018
The number two does not originate in Nigeria, if u go to America, or London you will hear stories about the tooth fairy that grants wishes.
Re: 5 Lies They Told Us Growing Up In Nigeria by lawalosky(m): 11:06am On Apr 15, 2018
grin satan live inside earth core. God live in sky.

1 Like

Re: 5 Lies They Told Us Growing Up In Nigeria by OgahBohz: 11:31pm On Apr 17, 2018
you forget bush baby.. that one can cry for afrikka, ..
I can so hate bush ehen ..
them say na mid koi koi picken ,
Re: 5 Lies They Told Us Growing Up In Nigeria by nanora: 11:05am On Apr 23, 2018
I've been told whistling in the night and the ghost will call the ghost. The pillow and the teeth tale I watched in animation and followed it grin
things to do
Re: 5 Lies They Told Us Growing Up In Nigeria by ibrhyme77(m): 10:40pm On Apr 23, 2018
During my own time, it was Teslim(thunder) Balogun that scored the only goal,but he didn't die as a result.It was reported that Nigeria was the only country that scored against the Indians.

(1) (Reply)

Employee Performance Evaluation Laughs / How To Spot A Rich Guy / If I Catch You I Take You To Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.