Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,260 members, 7,818,886 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

New In Ghana - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / New In Ghana (2247 Views)

I Am New In Lagos / I Need Working Niaralanders To Help Me Get A Job In Dubai,i Am New In Town / New In Kaduna! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

New In Ghana by Nobody: 10:49am On May 14, 2010
Hello Niaralanders, i 've been in Ghana since Tuesday and i think i like it here so maybe i'll stay. Just need someone who lives in Accra or Kumasi who can be of help around here.
Re: New In Ghana by ec3l(m): 12:22pm On May 14, 2010
Are u there for Business or education
Re: New In Ghana by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 14, 2010
I'm just touring the West African coast but i plan to be here for a while.
Re: New In Ghana by ec3l(m): 7:03pm On May 14, 2010
Ok, i'm coming to accra by sept, for my studies though.
Re: New In Ghana by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 16, 2010
Bro, i'm sure you'll enjoy staying here. Ghanaian girls are hot and sexy. Haven;t seen asses like these in my life. grin
Re: New In Ghana by ec3l(m): 3:59am On May 17, 2010
Dude!! Lol. Well, I av a girl and I think i'll marry her.
Trust me she's assed, sexy n hot and in america.
Re: New In Ghana by Nobody: 3:59pm On May 18, 2010
Chale (another word for dude here) grin By all means, i think i'm gonna marry a Ghanaian.
Re: New In Ghana by kenlala: 9:13am On May 19, 2010
brand new,is now u re tellin us what u re doing in ghana,enjoy ooooooooooooo but rem,that thing de everywhere oooooooooo
Re: New In Ghana by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 19, 2010
My brother, no be small thing o! Bt i never do anything sha! trust me to protect myself if anything comes u, but you've got to give it up for the Ghana ladies. They've really got it going on. Although Naija girls are more sophisticated and prettier but Ghanaian girls got the packaging tight. mehn, i just don't want to leave this place.
Re: New In Ghana by DisGuy: 1:58am On May 22, 2010
So what's the country like generally and the people
Re: New In Ghana by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 22, 2010
Contrary to what people say about Ghanaians. I do not see anything wrong with them. In fact, they are very nice and polite people. Even the police and security agents don't harass like it happens back in Lagos. It's a land of freedom.
One thing i like most is the constant electricity and cheap call rates. People here talk on phone for a while. you don't need to rush over a conversation like most people do back in Naija.
I load 1 Cedis credit units and talk to like 6 people. And i also get as much as 80 % discounts on Mtn calls. Things are also cheap here. transportation and all.
he farthest distance i've traveled within Accra was from legon to circle. and they charged about 50 Pesewas. That is about 70 naira and you can have a meal for a little as 1 Cedi. and trust me 1 cedi is a very small amount. With 10 Cedis, you're a big boy for that day and you have to see the Accra mall. Lots of ordinary people shop there.
Al in all, i think the economy is structured in such a way the mos of the people fall within the middle class range. Lots a rich people compared to the poor. Unlike in Naija where there are few rich people compared to the lots and lots of poor people AND THE GAP BETWEEN THE RICH AND THE MIDDLE CLASS IS NOT SO WIDE.
Besides all this, there no place like home.
Re: New In Ghana by ec3l(m): 5:59am On May 23, 2010
Nice analogy man,
hey since u are there already, how much do u think will keep an average student comfortable a month?
Re: New In Ghana by uche1(m): 9:27am On May 23, 2010
How long are u staying? i will be coming to Ghana by July. maybe we can hook up
Re: New In Ghana by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 23, 2010
ec3l:

Nice analogy man,
hey since u are there already, how much do u think will keep an average student comfortable a month?
With 5 Cedi Pocket money a day, Maybe 200 gh Cedi will do for a month. That's on a conservative side. But i Guess Most Nigerian students spend more than that, so it really depends on your background cos i reckon most of 'em are rich kids.

uche1:

How long are u staying? i will be coming to Ghana by July. maybe we can hook up
I'm not planning to stay here for long Maybe i'll be here by July so just keep in touch with the numbers i have here. But i plan to go back to Naija next month to tighten up some loose ends and come back after 2 or 3 weeks in Naija. So July seems feasible.
Re: New In Ghana by yemigeorge: 12:28pm On May 24, 2010
am also in ghana now but a tour operator.can we meet.i call ur line but wasnt going
Re: New In Ghana by kenlala: 2:23pm On May 24, 2010
brandnew,will like to visit ghana by nextmonth,keep in touch so that i will let u know when am set,know u got a lot of dem now smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: New In Ghana by Nobody: 10:22am On May 25, 2010
@yemi, sorry about that. My battery was out a couple of times. But i promise to keep my phone charged at all times now. And you job as a tour operator must be very interesting. i came to Ghana to see things myself.
@kenlala. Your mind is dirty. I'll see you and your dirty mind when you get here.
I just hope i'm not causing an Exodus of Nigerians to Ghana.
Re: New In Ghana by suxes2005(m): 3:34pm On May 25, 2010
^^^^^^

U aint causing Exodus, its Leviticus! LOL
Hows Ghana 2day?

SHALOM
Re: New In Ghana by ec3l(m): 4:45pm On May 25, 2010
Lol suxes.
Re: New In Ghana by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 25, 2010
;d
Re: New In Ghana by OneNaija(m): 11:05pm On May 25, 2010
Some Nigerian who never travels outside nigeria before the first time they go to places they like to praise the places and make Nigeria look like shit, @ poster why dont you say the true and given alot of Nigeria back home a heart full of wickedness againist Nigeria, There is nothing like constant electricity here and transportation is normal just like Abuja that with less population compare to lagos, The peoples there Hate Nigeria with passion and if you dont take care at night you will be beaten because of Ghana must go stuff, stop lieing and get things straight. I am not here to Nigeria or Ghana bashing, I think Ghana is not in any level compare to Nigeria in basic Infractructure and other stuff, I have been here for 4 yrs working in a Nigeria company and Married. I am very sorry about my english because I dont grow up in Nigeria, I was born and raise in Belgium so decided to move back home before I was transfer to Ghana here working, Poster if you see some bad and good things do enlight the ppl here.
Re: New In Ghana by suxes2005(m): 9:09am On May 26, 2010
@chopmunkey, Holiday ke? 4 9ja me i no know oooo

@OneNaija

U've spoken well. But in my opinion, though i av not
been 2 Ghana b4 but i do see lotta dem here and dey
r friendly and kind,

SHALOM
Re: New In Ghana by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 26, 2010
OneNaija:

Some Nigerian who never travels outside nigeria before the first time they go to places they like to praise the places and make Nigeria look like poo, @ poster why dont you say the true and given alot of Nigeria back home a heart full of wickedness againist Nigeria, There is nothing like constant electricity here and transportation is normal just like Abuja that with less population compare to lagos, The peoples there Hate Nigeria with passion and if you dont take care at night you will be beaten because of Ghana must go stuff, stop lieing and get things straight. I am not here to Nigeria or Ghana bashing, I think Ghana is not in any level compare to Nigeria in basic Infractructure and other stuff, I have been here for 4 yrs working in a Nigeria company and Married. I am very sorry about my english because I dont grow up in Nigeria, I was born and raise in Belgium so decided to move back home before I was transfer to Ghana here working, Poster if you see some bad and good things do enlight the ppl here.
You're so wrong. No one ever bashed Naija here.
Re: New In Ghana by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 26, 2010
@ One naija. Please no hard feelings.

Everyone knows a lot of things are going wrong in Nigeria and Ghana as small as it is has been able to get it's acts right. They even laugh at us as a big brother who haven't been able to get it's acts together.
SHALOM.
Re: New In Ghana by suxes2005(m): 6:09pm On May 26, 2010
^^^^

SHALOM
Re: New In Ghana by whatalife: 9:30am On May 27, 2010
The anti-Nigerian business stance of Ghana is taking a huge toll on Nigerian businesses in that country as no fewer than 83 shops belonging to Nigerian traders have been shut down by the authorities in the past seven months, while 550 others will follow soon, BusinessDay can now reveal.

Under the instructions of the Ghana’s Ministry of Trade and Industries in tandem with the Ghana Investment Promotion Centre (GIPC), on April 29 a task force shut 44 shops belonging to Nigerians on the ground that the businesses were not duly registered as required by the host country’s laws.

Against the ECOWAS protocol on free trade and movement of people, Ghanaian authorities see Nigerians and their businesses as foreigners and should register their business with a minimum of $300,000. Meanwhile, Nigeria’s foremost telecom operator, Globacom, confirmed to BusinessDay in Accra yesterday it planned to leave the country if the authorities could no longer guarantee the safety of its installations and equipment.

Jasper Emenike, secretary general, Nigeria Union of Traders Association, Ghana (NUTAG), told BusinessDay on telephone from Accra that 1,000 Nigerian businesses in Ghana are threatened as the authorities are planning to shut them down in the coming weeks.

“If the rumour we are gathering is anything to go by, not less than 550 new Nigerian shops will be closed nationwide next week, then the upper week will complete the first phase of the closing exercise to bring the
John Attah Mills, President, Ghana
number to 1,000 shops nationwide”, Emenike told BusinessDay.
John Attah Mills, President, Ghana

A breakdown of number of the shops shut, according to Emenike, is as follows: Tamale in the Northern region 21 shops; Kumasi in the Ashanti region 19 shops; and Accra in the Greater region four shops. This brings the number to 44 shops. This is in addition to the 40 others shut down on November 28, last year.

Though a top level Nigerian delegation led by Odein Ajumogobia, minister of foreign affairs, and Josephine Tapgun, minister of state for commerce and industry, was in Accra on Monday to see the Ghanaian authorities on the issue and work out an amicable solution, a source close to the meeting told BusinessDay last night that not much may come out of the parley. “I don’t see anything meaningful and helpful to our cause coming out of the visit,” the source said.

Emenike also confirmed to BusinessDay that besides the $300,000 required by law for registration of businesses by foreigners under which Nigeria has been classified, “there is the allegation that Nigerian security agencies extort money from Ghanaian traders who come to Nigeria to do business. While we are not in a position to dispute this claim the traders are appealing to the governments of both countries to bury their differences in the interest of regional integration and the traders”.

In a related development, a senior executive of Glo Mobile Ghana has confirmed that if the frustrating challenges that the telecom operator is facing since it embarked on its infrastructural construction and deployment continues, it would consider the option of pulling out of Ghana. Derek Obuobi, a Ghanaian and Globacom executive in the country who spoke to BusinessDay on phone after the story broke early this week, said that the “frustrating” development had gotten to that level that requires a review of the company’s venture in the country.

After series of difficulties which started right from the unusual long delay in receiving its mast construction permit from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in 2009, to the recent ban on further mounting of masts by the Ministry of Environment and the accompanying vandalism and destruction of the company’s spectacular and environmentally beautifying Glo light boxes mounted at strategic points on the streets of Accra, Derek said that they could not help but feel frustrated at the developments.

“Indeed, the best word that could describe what we feel is frustration,” Obuobi told BusinessDay. “The vandalism of our Glo boxes and other properties has happened on too many occasions and we fell this should not continue to happen. We had made reports to the police but nothing was done to protect our properties.” Following media reports and the subsequent tinge the story took, which included accusations of sabotage by highly placed interests, the Ministry of Environment yesterday in a statement signed by Omane Boamah, deputy minister, distanced itself from any such perceived sabotage.

The ministry dismissed suggestions that the temporary ban on the construction of masts was targeted at Glo Mobile. Rather, the statement went on, “government would not hesitate to take decisions aimed at protecting the citizenry from the hazards of indiscriminate and poorly constructed telecom masts”. A source told BusinessDay last night the Ghana’s top government officials including five ministers have intervened and held series of meetings with Globacom officials persuading the telecom operator not to leave their country. “The officials include five cabinet ministers, head of the police and other top security officials”, the source told BusinessDay.

Reacting to the Ministry’s press release, Derek Obuobi said: “I am a Ghanaian and nothing would please us most to give Ghanaians the best of telecom experience. However, quitting is an option being considered because we were being led to think that the environment is not good enough for us. But since we have been told that the ban will soon be lifted, we are hoping for the best.”

As a build-up to their eventual simultaneous national launch, Glo mobile has beautified the streets of Accra and other major cities with billboards of various types and sizes with images of leading Ghanaian artists adorning them. The general public’s expectation of the commencement of Glo’s operations has been so high that it was with a palpable sad feeling that Ghanaians received the news of Glo’s possible pull-out.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11368:ghana-in-tacit-anti-nigerian-business-stance&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=18
Re: New In Ghana by Nobody: 11:26pm On May 28, 2010
wow! What a news. Bad news that is.
Re: New In Ghana by Yorubah(m): 10:54pm On Jun 16, 2010
Am in Accra, Ghana now, its home away from home, Ya'll gonna love it
Re: New In Ghana by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 19, 2010
Will like to visit Ghana also, can someone please put me through? Well,here is my # 08034867904.Will really appreciate it.
Re: New In Ghana by yemigeorge: 3:38pm On Jun 22, 2010
We can package a comprehensive tour of GHANA for you the way that suit you best. We have series of summer tour from July - September. Our ranges are:

COUPLES
FAMILY
ORGANIZATION(corporate, school, church etc)
GROUP

We organise to suit your purpose of ;honeymoon, adventure, historical & cultural, holiday & fun, holiday & wellness.

Our price is reasonable & affordable.

Our package includes:

TRANSPORTATION (to & fro NAIJA)air or land
FEEDING(3 meals)
HOTEL ACCOMODATION
INTERNAL TRANSPORTATION
ENTRANCE TICKET TO TOUR SITES,
SWIMMING CLASS(if interested),
MASSAGING,

Enquiries: BREAKTHROUGH INTL,
LAFIA HOTEL, ABEOKUTA RD, APATA, OYO STATE.
OR call 08023078698 OR +233541231543 or email breakthroughwl@yahoo.com
Re: New In Ghana by yemigeorge: 3:45pm On Jun 22, 2010
We can package a comprehensive tour of GHANA for you the way that suit you best. We have series of summer tour from July - September. Our ranges are:

COUPLES
FAMILY
ORGANIZATION(corporate, school, church etc)
GROUP

We organise to suit your purpose of ;honeymoon, adventure, historical & cultural, holiday & fun, holiday & wellness.

Our price is reasonable & affordable.

Our package includes:

TRANSPORTATION (to & fro NAIJA)air or land
FEEDING(3 meals)
HOTEL ACCOMODATION
INTERNAL TRANSPORTATION
ENTRANCE TICKET TO TOUR SITES,
SWIMMING CLASS(if interested),
MASSAGING,

Enquiries: BREAKTHROUGH INTL,
LAFIA HOTEL, ABEOKUTA RD, APATA, OYO STATE.
OR call 08023078698 OR +233541231543 or email breakthroughwl@yahoo.com

Re: New In Ghana by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 05, 2010
brandnew you are a fool, big fool, when ghana are angry and want to drive you away from thier country, you are busy priasing them, you better shut up your mouth and think of a better thing to do, and what are you doing in ghana idiot

(1) (2) (Reply)

Six Months Visa To Venezuella. / 221g Interview After Dropbox / Wuse District, Abuja – A Simple Intro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.