Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,149 members, 7,821,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Congrats Atheists, You're Almost There. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Congrats Atheists, You're Almost There. (1339 Views)

Global Study: Atheists In Massive Decline, Only 1.8% Of World Population By 2020 / Atheists And Morality. A Question! / Why Do The Atheists Bother If They Don't Believe? Here Is Why. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Congrats Atheists, You're Almost There. by pressplay411(m): 5:13pm On Apr 15, 2018
Congrats Atheists, You're Almost There.

It's no news that a sizeable demographic of Nairaland is made up of Atheists. While some are full fledged atheists, others are still budding. Not so long ago, I was one, and a full fledged atheist too. I'm yet to delete my atheism threads as reference points, so I won't forget.
Some might say I'm evangelising, I say let's rub minds.

One of the intriguing paradox observable among atheists is their indisputable Intelligence. To be an atheist, you had to be intelligent. Because really, it's only reasonable to question dogma, especially when not backed by facts and empirical evidence.

I'll make this reasonably pithy and terse. I'm not unaware of the deluge of information permeating the blogoshere not to mention the notifications from your multiple accounts on social media and reality shows.

Now, I congratulate every atheist.
1. For your intelligence to realise that some thing's not right. The dogmas aren't just adding up.
2. For your Freedom from the shackles of religion. Trust me, if you practise religion, you're in bondage.

That said, "After Atheism what next?" This was the title of one of my old threads. So really, what next?
In truth, atheism doesn't provide this answer. Because atheism is a limbo, an in-between. A stage between shedding old faulty belief system for a new one.
An atheist supposedly is one who believes in nothing, no deity. Most atheist turn to science. But science is just the explanation of the manifestations of the reality. But what is the reality?

I am obligated to Preach Christ to all but for an atheist, I will preach Liberty first.
Most people don't appreciate the word Freedom or Liberty but allow me to expound, expand and magnify the word.

-Every country that was under colonisation celebrates magnificently their independence every year. No country is technically independent so let's agree what they celebrate is actially their Freedom from Colonists.

-Every convict who has ever tasted the walls of a penitentiary e.g Kiri Kiri or Fox River(Prison break), will tell you the meaning of freedom. Nuff said

-The major bone of contention between every parent and their teenagers is freedom. Ever since you became a teen, you've always wanted to do things your own way, stay out late, visit whoever you wanted and explore life! You craved Freedom.
-And even now as adults, we still crave Freedom on a different level.

So once again I reiterate, I congratulate you Atheists, first for your freedom from the bondage of religion; Islam, Judaism, Traditionalism, Spiritism, Buddhism, Scientology etc and even " Christianity."

But as human beings, you're still in some bondages. Bondage of Fear, Sin, Pressure, Worry, Bad Habits, etc. You'll be surprised you have a legion of demons inside you, subjecting you to all sorts of urges and pressures that are destroying your spirit, soul and even your body.

But just as you took the first step to your Freedom by ASKING QUESTIONS. So also will you ask yourself, Are you truly FREE?

The next step is to FIND THE ANSWER.
How do you achieve this? By SEEKING.
This is the difficult part for every Intelligent mind. You have do Cast off your Pride and Ego, years of wealth of knowledge and experience. You have to seek in humility and diligence as if you knew nothing about Christ. You'll be amazed how little you knew.

Now, I can't promise you any other way but I can only assure you of Christ. My Seeking led me back to the Church. The same church I had left. But I was only a member by count not by heart.
I humbled myself completely only to realise I knew the character Jesus, but I never knew Jesus Christ, the Word, Our Saviour.
I assure you, True Christianity is not a religion, but a relationship. The Relationship you lost a long time ago even before you were conceived by your parents. It is the manual of your life.

I urge you to seek Him in the church. I should ask you to read the Bible but that's another discussion so I'll advice you locate a church. I suggest you start all over, from the Believer's foundation class or Bible class depending on the name adopted in your chosen church. Please don't go with the intention to ask questions from this point on, go with the intention to Get answers. And during the course of your class, you would have found answers to some of your questions.

And with time, the Holy Spirit (which you have grieved so many times as I did) having forgiven you completely, will dwell inside you, and with Him comes Liberty.
Liberty from everything. Don't expect it to happen over night but with patience and diligence, you will FIND ALL YOUR ANSWERS.

2 Corinthians 3:17
The Lord is the Spirit and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty.

I urge you to start seeking him today. I pray you receive the Grace of God to overcome every spirit/demon/distraction intercepting and dissuading you from making that decision today in the name of Jesus. Amen.
Peace be unto you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Congrats Atheists, You're Almost There. by purem(m): 5:28pm On Apr 15, 2018
This is one of the most senseless post have ever seen in long time

This confused OP is just beating around the bush

Please take a sec and ask yourself is there any logical fact on this poo you posted up there?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Congrats Atheists, You're Almost There. by pressplay411(m): 5:41pm On Apr 15, 2018
purem:

Please take a sec and ask yourself is there any logical fact on this poo you posted up there?

Typical. But pls, let's discuss with intent to educate and reason with each other.
Your question is quite ambiguous, you want logical fact to what exactly?
Find answers or asking questions?

2 Likes

Re: Congrats Atheists, You're Almost There. by Obainoneandonly(m): 5:49pm On Apr 15, 2018
op u are very confused. you started by championing the cause of atheist, but ended up preaching the Gospel. which country are you fighting for

2 Likes

Re: Congrats Atheists, You're Almost There. by pressplay411(m): 6:21pm On Apr 15, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
op u are very confused. you started by championing the cause of atheist, but ended up preaching the Gospel. which country are you fighting for

Not confused but enthused. I'm happy for atheists for their freedom from one of their bondages, religion. Even Carnal Christians and Jews are under the Law (Custody, bondage).

This is but a step on a rung of their climb to complete freedom. Because atheism is not the destination. It is your mind rejecting an old belief system that it has faulted and yearning for the real thing.
Please you have to be sensitive. This is privileged information that is freely given through the Grace in the Redemption through Christ Jesus.

If only it were hidden or exclusive, perhaps we'd value it more. But it is a free gift. Your liberty has already been completely paid for by the Blood of Jesus on the cross of calvary.

I know this makes no sense to some of you now. It never will, until you SEEK Him.

3 Likes

Re: Congrats Atheists, You're Almost There. by obisco4u: 6:55pm On Apr 15, 2018
I very much believe that what christians refer to as "End Time" is not related to Amagedon but a time when many will realise that they are being deceived by religion and faith. Many will break free from this deception and become free thinkers.
Re: Congrats Atheists, You're Almost There. by awesomeJ(m): 7:35pm On Apr 15, 2018
purem:

Did he force you to read it?

3 Likes

Re: Congrats Atheists, You're Almost There. by awesomeJ(m): 7:37pm On Apr 15, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
Read his post more carefully. He didn't champion any atheism cause. He only mentioned that he once reasoned like you atheists, but now he knows better.

2 Likes

Re: Congrats Atheists, You're Almost There. by awesomeJ(m): 7:40pm On Apr 15, 2018
obisco4u:
I very much believe that what christians refer to as "End Time" is not related to Amagedon but a time when many will realise that they are being deceived by religion and faith. Many will break free from this deception and become free thinkers.
Keep hoping in vain. If your conscience condemns you so bad as to be wishing others join you in your atheism, why not give it up.

You sound so much like a friend saying about his other friends who saves "he will soon spend it"

come on.

1 Like

Re: Congrats Atheists, You're Almost There. by Primesky(m): 7:48pm On Apr 15, 2018
Good one bro. Welcome home to God. Yeah God is our home because in Him we live, move and have our being.

Notice that the fish freshly brought out of the water may look more agile and lively than the one in the water but truly, it's actually dying; so also is everyone outside God. They may look trendy, fashionable, classy, wise and intelligent. They may appear to be free, but they are actually dying!. The earlier they come back home the better before it becomes too late.

Nevertheless, I will appeal to you my brethren in Christ not to condemn these guys(athiest) because some of them very soon will be very mighty men of God just like C. S. Lewis. Some of their experiences now could be part of there training and preparation. The ways of God are indescribable. Let's keep praying for them. May God bless us all. Amen.

4 Likes

Re: Congrats Atheists, You're Almost There. by pressplay411(m): 7:59pm On Apr 15, 2018
obisco4u:

We're at the end times alright. Which is why you have to be more sensitive. Don't be among the Lost, be among the FOUND, SAVED AND FREED by Jesus Christ. Do read my previous post to understand my Testimony.

The good news for an atheist is that your hunger and thirst for truth is already there. It just needs to be fed with the right WORD. You'll be amazed how much is pending for you to download. Receive the Grace of our Lord in Jesus name.

Modified
The intent of this thread should not be misconstrued as a mere shenanigan to win over atheists. Far from it.
It is a genuine realisation of the status of atheism in the scheme of things.
Having once been a proud atheist myself, I was so certain I had found the truth. The truth which put me aloof of all religiousness. It was not only liberating but invigorating.
Not only satisfying but gratifying. I felt atoned with the universe. I felt in control of my destiny. I felt empowered.
Unfortunately, this was the most beautiful lie concocted to subvert the Truth. The same ancient soothing Lie the serpent impressed on Eve in the garden of Eden. The lie that in fact I was a god and didn't need to depend on a God.
It was perfect only in it's imperfection. But it was not Perfection.
It's imperfection lies in its ineffectiveness, especially in the things that matter most.
It doesn't bring Happiness.
It doesn't bring Peace.
It doesn't bring Fulfilment
And it doesn't bring Answers, just more questions.
But with it comes more Corruption and Destruction. What's worse, it takes away Hope.
Unhibited by the Fear of God, you are open to corruption by every sinful nature. You become a slave to the lies and urges and worldly pleasures the adversary keeps insinuating inside your mind. And trust me, you think you're in control but in your sober mood you know you've lost your control.
So atheists, I do understand.
I'm not even preaching now, I just want you to know.
Cos knowledge is everything. And knowledge is only as useful as it is updated. The more you're open to know, the more you'll know.
Peace and Grace be unto you.

1 Like

Re: Congrats Atheists, You're Almost There. by pressplay411(m): 8:04pm On Apr 15, 2018
Primesky:
Good one bro. Welcome home to God. Yeah God is our home because in Him we live, move and have our being.

Notice that the fish freshly brought out of the water may look more agile and lively than the one in the water but truly, it's actually dying; so also is everyone outside God. They may look trendy, fashionable, classy, wise and intelligent. They may appear to be free, but they are actually dying!. The earlier they come back home the better before it becomes too late.

Nevertheless, I will appeal to you my brethren in Christ not to condemn these guys(athiest) because some of them very soon will be very mighty men of God just like C. S. Lewis. Some of their experiences now could be part of there training and preparation. The ways of God are indescribable. Let's keep praying for them. May God bless us all. Amen.

Thank you sir for your understanding.
It is wrong even to judge. For we were once lost too. We can only pray for them. Interceding for their salvation should be a priority for body of Christ.

1 Like

Re: Congrats Atheists, You're Almost There. by obisco4u: 9:37pm On Apr 15, 2018
pressplay411:

We're at the end times alright. Which is why you have to be more sensitive. Don't be among the Lost, be among the FOUND, SAVED AND FREED by Jesus Christ. Do read my previous post to understand my Testimony.

The good news for an atheist is that your hunger and thirst for truth is already there. It just needs to be fed with the right WORD. You'll be amazed how much is pending for you to download. Receive the Grace of our Lord in Jesus name.

Thanks but I have to decline.

3 Likes

Re: Congrats Atheists, You're Almost There. by pressplay411(m): 9:46pm On Apr 15, 2018
obisco4u:

Thanks but I have to decline.

Why? Are you scared of salvation?
Do you not see that it's not you declining it but a demon within you?

I pray that by the Power in the name of Jesus Christ, you demon be gone! I pray that God's Grace finds you and releases you from every bondage in the name of Jesus.
Just fight the voice and seek him.

1 Like

Re: Congrats Atheists, You're Almost There. by obisco4u: 9:49pm On Apr 15, 2018
pressplay411:

Why? Are you scared of salvation?
Do you not see that it's not you declining it but a demon within you?

I pray that by the Power in the name of Jesus Christ, you demon be gone! I pray that God's Grace finds you and releases you from every bondage in the name of Jesus.
Just fight the voice and seek him.

I certianly don't believe in the existence of demons. The only deamon here is you.

3 Likes

Re: Congrats Atheists, You're Almost There. by pressplay411(m): 9:11am On Apr 16, 2018
obisco4u:

1John.2.18 - Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.
1John.2.19 - They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.
Re: Congrats Atheists, You're Almost There. by pressplay411(m): 8:17pm On Apr 16, 2018
awesomeJ:

Keep hoping in vain. If your conscience condemns you so bad as to be wishing others join you in your atheism, why not give it up.

You sound so much like a friend saying about his other friends who saves "he will soon spend it"

come on.

Lol truth is, atheists see atheism as superior to all religions. Which imight be true. But it's meant only to be a phase. The sequence being, Agnostic - Apostate - Atheist - Proselyte - Christian
Re: Congrats Atheists, You're Almost There. by allenbaker5(m): 8:38pm On Apr 16, 2018
Lol, funny thread, it's clear you were never an atheist, even though you claimed to be one. Atheists don't believe in nothing, atheists don't say there's no god/God. They can't make possibly make such claims except they are completely sure and I don't think anyone is.

Atheists only say there is no proof a god exists. Now if you claim to have found proof that a god exists, can you share your proof/evidence on this thread.

When you share your evidence, you would have only proven deism, which is the belief that a god exists.

After that, you need to share another proof that the god you claim exists is the one you currently serve(that's the Christian god)

So op, I'll like to know myself, can you share the evidence you have that convinced you a god does exist.

3 Likes

Re: Congrats Atheists, You're Almost There. by pressplay411(m): 10:02pm On Apr 16, 2018
allenbaker5:
Lol, funny thread, it's clear you were never an atheist, even though you claimed to be one. Atheists don't believe in nothing, atheists don't say there's no god/God. They can't make possibly make such claims except they are completely sure and I don't think anyone is.

Atheists only say there is no proof a god exists. Now if you claim to have found proof that a god exists, can you share your proof/evidence on this thread.

When you share your evidence, you would have only proven deism, which is the belief that a god exists.

After that, you need to share another proof that the god you claim exists is the one you currently serve(that's the Christian god)

So op, I'll like to know myself, can you share the evidence you have that convinced you a god does exist.

He's a Faith God.
You ask for evidence, signs and wonders but I assure you. Even if as much miracles as Jesus performed in Capernaum are done even now, you still won't believe.

For starters everything around me is evidence that God exists. Besides, my spirit witnesses his existence. So perhaps you should show me evidence that God doesn't exist.

We can continue this back and forth. Trust me, it will never be conclusive.
Because God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.
Re: Congrats Atheists, You're Almost There. by sonofthunder: 10:19pm On Apr 16, 2018
Why do the wicked live, become old, and become mighty in power?

8Their children are established with them in their sight, and their offspring before their eyes.

9Their houses are safe and in peace, without fear; neither is the rod of God upon them.

10Their bull breeds and fails not; their cows calve and do not miscarry.

11They send forth their little ones like a flock, and their children skip about.

12They themselves lift up their voices and sing to the tambourine and the lyre and rejoice to the sound of the pipe.

13They spend their days in prosperity and go down to Sheol (the unseen state) in a moment and peacefully.

14Yet they say to God, Depart from us, for we do not desire the knowledge of Your ways.

15Who is the Almighty, that we should serve Him? And what profit do we have if we pray to Him?(A)

16But notice, [you say] the prosperity of the wicked is not in their power; the mystery [of God's dealings] with the ungodly is far from my comprehension.
Re: Congrats Atheists, You're Almost There. by sonofthunder: 10:22pm On Apr 16, 2018
Talk no more so very proudly; let not arrogance go forth from your mouth, for the Lord is a God of knowledge, and by Him actions are weighed.
Re: Congrats Atheists, You're Almost There. by pressplay411(m): 10:38pm On Apr 16, 2018
sonofthunder:
Why do the wicked live, become old, and become mighty in power?

8Their children are established with them in their sight, and their offspring before their eyes.

9Their houses are safe and in peace, without fear; neither is the rod of God upon them.

10Their bull breeds and fails not; their cows calve and do not miscarry.

11They send forth their little ones like a flock, and their children skip about.

12They themselves lift up their voices and sing to the tambourine and the lyre and rejoice to the sound of the pipe.

13They spend their days in prosperity and go down to Sheol (the unseen state) in a moment and peacefully.

14Yet they say to God, Depart from us, for we do not desire the knowledge of Your ways.

15Who is the Almighty, that we should serve Him? And what profit do we have if we pray to Him?(A)

16But notice, [you say] the prosperity of the wicked is not in their power; the mystery [of God's dealings] with the ungodly is far from my comprehension.

Job 21
Re: Congrats Atheists, You're Almost There. by sonofthunder: 10:51pm On Apr 16, 2018
pressplay411:

Job 21
you know book...
Re: Congrats Atheists, You're Almost There. by Martinez19(m): 11:14pm On Apr 16, 2018
purem:

the op is just a confused fellow. grin

1 Like

Re: Congrats Atheists, You're Almost There. by pressplay411(m): 11:29pm On Apr 16, 2018
Martinez19:
the op is just a confused fellow. grin

Are you an atheist?
Re: Congrats Atheists, You're Almost There. by Martinez19(m): 12:01am On Apr 17, 2018
pressplay411:

Are you an atheist?
Yes.
Re: Congrats Atheists, You're Almost There. by pressplay411(m): 9:11am On Apr 17, 2018
Martinez19:
Yes.
Mind sharing your belief with me? If you do not believe in God, what do you believe? How do you make sense of our existence? If you have children, how do you explain life to them? Do you have empirical evidence of your belief, if any?
Re: Congrats Atheists, You're Almost There. by winner01(m): 4:36pm On Apr 17, 2018
Superb, just superb.

This is the reason why atheism does not sell well with humanity. At its core, you find nothing.

I remember when I used to argue with Christians, although most of them were not well-drilled in apologetics, I knew my arguments rested well on nothing. For I could not find anything within or outside to ground my convictions.

1 Like

Re: Congrats Atheists, You're Almost There. by pressplay411(m): 4:55pm On Apr 17, 2018
Thanks for this. Last quote really hit home. It's all about Free will. Choices.
Re: Congrats Atheists, You're Almost There. by pressplay411(m): 4:58pm On Apr 17, 2018
winner01:
Superb, just superb.

This is the reason why atheism does not sell well with humanity. At its core, you find nothing.

I remember when I used to argue with Christians, although most of them were not well-drilled in apologetics, I knew my arguments rested well on nothing. For I could not find anything within or outside to ground my convictions.

Exactly. It's meant to be a phase as we question our belief system. But what's next after that? That's the question. We are meant to seek answers. And no one ever got answers by being too proud to ask.
Re: Congrats Atheists, You're Almost There. by Ranchhoddas: 7:43pm On Apr 17, 2018
purem:

Very senseless I tell you.
What the OP is saying is that as an atheist you should go back to church and get yourself brainwashed all over again.
Don't ask questions. Just listen and accept.
Re: Congrats Atheists, You're Almost There. by Ranchhoddas: 7:50pm On Apr 17, 2018
[quote author=pressplay411 post=66793851]Thanks for this.
Last quote really hit home. It's all about Free will. Choices.[
/quote]If it's about freewill then why are you disturbing us? Why are you trying to influence our freewill with the carrot of heaven and the stick of hell?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Gifted Pastor Chris Oyakhilome A Private Jet? / Why We Bury Him.... His Death Opened My Eyes / Do Not Bow To Any Statue, Why Are Catholics Ignoring That?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.