Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Mysterious Signs On River Niger Bridge…..what Are They? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mysterious Signs On River Niger Bridge…..what Are They? (1457 Views)

Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery / UNIBEN Student Loses His Parked Benz To A Mysterious Early-Morning Fire (Photos) / Indian Man, Who Wanted Jaguar, Pushes Brand-new BMW Birthday-gift Into River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mysterious Signs On River Niger Bridge…..what Are They? by naijacarlovers: 8:23pm On Apr 16, 2018
Please have you ever noticed these signs on the River Niger Bridge?

There are several of them especially if coming from the Asaba end into Onitsha.

Why should i drive at a minimum of 80kph?

Experts in the house should help out?

http://naijacarlovers.com/index.php/2018/04/16/mysterious-signs-on-river-niger-bridge-what-are-they/

Lalasticlala
Obinnoscopy
Nurey

Re: Mysterious Signs On River Niger Bridge…..what Are They? by sultaan(m): 8:42pm On Apr 16, 2018
Yes that is what it means, part of things you should know before getting you license is road signs

2 Likes

Re: Mysterious Signs On River Niger Bridge…..what Are They? by naijacarlovers: 8:46pm On Apr 16, 2018
sultaan:
Yes that is what it means, part of things you should know before getting you license is road signs

Thanks bro. But I asked why? Teach others.
Re: Mysterious Signs On River Niger Bridge…..what Are They? by sultaan(m): 8:50pm On Apr 16, 2018
You should not stop on the bridge so as not to cause back up and excess weight on the bridge suspension.

Stay running at 80+to keep traffic flowing

2 Likes

Re: Mysterious Signs On River Niger Bridge…..what Are They? by naijacarlovers: 9:24pm On Apr 16, 2018
sultaan:
You should not stop on the bridge so as not to cause back up and excess weight on the bridge suspension.

Stay running at 80+to keep traffic flowing

Correct guy.

That bridge might be the most abused bridge in the whole of Nigeria knowing the amount of slow moving and heavy traffic it is forced to bear regularly.
Re: Mysterious Signs On River Niger Bridge…..what Are They? by nurey(m): 9:24pm On Apr 16, 2018
naijacarlovers:
Please have you ever noticed these signs on the River Niger Bridge?

There are several of them especially if coming from the Asaba end into Onitsha.

Why should i drive at a minimum of 80kph?

Experts in the house should help out?

http://naijacarlovers.com/index.php/2018/04/16/mysterious-signs-on-river-niger-bridge-what-are-they/

Lalasticlala
Obinnoscopy
Nurey

I have never seen the Niger bridge in my life but I think it's a 2 way lane without divider, so to avoid road accidents nd what not, you must not exceed the 80km/h speed. this speed has gone through vigorous technicalities before it was fixed.

so the 80km/h signifies the highest legal speed required by law on the bridge, it must only be exceeded during emergencies.

1 Like

Re: Mysterious Signs On River Niger Bridge…..what Are They? by naijacarlovers: 9:25pm On Apr 16, 2018
nurey:

I have never seen the Niger bridge in my life but I think it's a 2 way lane without divider, so to avoid road accidents nd what not, you must not exceed the 80km/h speed. this speed has gone through vigorous technicalities before it was fixed.

so the 80km/h signifies the highest legal speed required by law on the bridge, it must only be exceeded during emergencies.

Bro please look at the picture again

1 Like

Re: Mysterious Signs On River Niger Bridge…..what Are They? by nurey(m): 9:49pm On Apr 16, 2018
naijacarlovers:

Bro please look at the picture again

minimum speed 60km/h no stopping.

the bridge isn't strong enough or built to withstand heavy load suspended on it continuously for a long time so the minimum speed is telling commuters and vehicle owners to keep moving and not stop on the bridge for anything.

just that Nigeria is a cheathole grin they embezzled the money meant for a proper sign, how you even snapped that hand bill beats my imagination grin

2 Likes

Re: Mysterious Signs On River Niger Bridge…..what Are They? by shotuns: 3:27am On Apr 17, 2018
My take is that K = kilometre ( K)
p = per as in /
h = hour ( h )
Hence 80 ( kph)
Kilometer per hour
Re: Mysterious Signs On River Niger Bridge…..what Are They? by sultaan(m): 3:48am On Apr 17, 2018
nurey:

minimum speed 60km/h no stopping.

the bridge isn't strong enough or built to withstand heavy load suspended on it continuously for a long time so the minimum speed is telling commuters and vehicle owners to keep moving and not stop on the bridge for anything.

just that Nigeria is a cheathole grin they embezzled the money meant for a proper sign, how you even snapped that hand bill beats my imagination grin

Minimum speed[b] 80kmph[/b]

In the west it is usually 60kmph

(1) (Reply)

Help!!! Solution To Rats Entering My Engine Bay / Which Car Consumes More Fuel Between Kia Rio And Toyota Corolla / Which Should I Buy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.