Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) (15788 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:32pm On Apr 17, 2018
BluntBoy:

My Queen, where have you been

Your queen has been busy kiss
I only have time at night..

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by CSTR1003: 10:33pm On Apr 17, 2018
GogobiriLalas:
probably mixed
Yeah most likely.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by Nobody: 10:35pm On Apr 17, 2018
CSTR1003:

Yeah most likely.

Doesn't negate my observation though
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by BluntBoy(m): 10:35pm On Apr 17, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

Your queen has been busy kiss
I only have time at night..

Same here, my love. I am beginning to only get free time at night.

I hope you are fine?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:36pm On Apr 17, 2018
BluntBoy:

Same here, my love. I am beginning to only get free time at night.

I hope you are fine?
Doing great honey cool
Sleep well and tight dream of me kiss

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by BluntBoy(m): 10:39pm On Apr 17, 2018
CSTR1003:

Popularity does not get you a Nobel, but brilliance will.

Her works are brilliant. That is why she is winning these awards.
She will win the Booker. It is only a matter of time.

Even brilliance is not enough.

Most Nobel Prize winners had deep, highly philosophical works and some of them were plainly absurd, for example, Elliott.

Adichie's works is closer to popular fiction, the Nobel committee is likely to consider it not worth its coveted prize. She will win other awards but except she starts writing deeply like the likes of Soyinka, Gordimer, Morrison, she will never smell the Nobel Prize.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by CSTR1003: 10:42pm On Apr 17, 2018
BluntBoy:

Even brilliance is not enough.

Most Nobel Prize winners had deep, highly philosophical works and some of them were plainly absurd, for example, Elliott.

Adichie's works is closer to popular fiction, the Nobel committee is likely to consider it not worth its coveted prize. She will win other awards but except she starts writing deeply like the likes of Soyinka, Gordimer, Morrison, she will never smell the Nobel Prize.
We will have to watch and see then.

I feel her work is deep enough . The americanah for example is a book on how African immigrants interacts with race -conscious America.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by BluntBoy(m): 10:44pm On Apr 17, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

Doing great honey cool
Sleep well and tight dream of me kiss

I will, my Queen.

Sweet dreams. And drdam about me too.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by BluntBoy(m): 11:03pm On Apr 17, 2018
CSTR1003:

We will have to watch and see then.

I feel her work is deep enough . The americanah for example is a book on how African immigrants interacts with race -conscious America.

Not deep enough. It still reads like Harry Potter.

My advice is that you get a novel written by a Nobel laureate and see if you survive the first page. Try reading a novel by Morrison or JM Coatzee or Gordimer or try reading Soyinka's The Interpreters and come back and tell me your experience.

Adichie is good no doubt, but she can't win the Nobel Prize. Critics of the Nobel Prize believe boring writers win the Nobel. I bet you know now why they are boring; that is because it takes a lot of deep thinking to understand their works. There is a Nobel laureate, Claude Simon who wrote paragraphs that ran for 2+ pages and sentences that could flow for pages without full stops. These guys were deep and philosophical. It takes a sort of madness to write such books.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by shallysgirl: 12:33am On Apr 18, 2018
grin grin

Smh
WhiteSoup:
She has Yoruba roots. Her Dad’s Dad was a Yoruba before they relocate to the east.

People should knows there history before claiming what they does not knows.

Proudly Yoruba woman
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by giftedben: 1:58am On Apr 18, 2018
WhiteSoup:
She has Yoruba roots. Her Dad’s Dad was a Yoruba before they relocate to the east.

People should knows there history before claiming what they does not knows.

Proudly Yoruba woman

You guys have started oO,
Her name is Chimamanda Adichie.
Which Yoruba roots again,
Don't really know why you guys behave like AWO
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by edupedia: 2:55am On Apr 18, 2018
phayvoursky:
Igbo kwenu!

Ndi igbo kwenu!!

Nigeria kwezu enu!!!

...well done for reminding other Nigerians they need not be happy for her talent... Its an unending curse.. Keep it up...
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by desmond2pk: 4:32am On Apr 18, 2018
Going places like chinue achebe. Pls what book did soyinka write that has international recognition?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by BluntBoy(m): 7:51am On Apr 18, 2018
desmond2pk:
Going places like chinue achebe. Pls what book did soyinka write that has international recognition?

Someone who has won internationally acclaimed prizes, including the most coveted prize in the field of literature, the Nobel Prize, and even has an honorary doctorate from Harvard University and yet you are still asking the stupid question about "international recognition"

You think winning the Nobel Prize or lecturing in Harvard is beans

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by newslifeop: 8:32am On Apr 18, 2018
hmmmm
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by Abdulmujeeb52(m): 1:10pm On Apr 18, 2018
[quote author=faithfull18 post=66798854]Nice one there.
Want affordable data? Visit my profile or take a look at my signature.#
Do you have Airtel data too?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by faithfull18(f): 2:27pm On Apr 18, 2018
[quote author=Abdulmujeeb52 post=66817256][/quote]
No,I don't. I sell only MTN data bundles at the moment.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by Abdulmujeeb52(m): 2:32pm On Apr 18, 2018
faithfull18:

No,I don't. I sell only MTN data bundles at the moment.
Alright, what is the duration of MTN data of #250 ?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by faithfull18(f): 2:37pm On Apr 18, 2018
Abdulmujeeb52:
Alright, what is the duration of MTN data of #250 ?

250mb goes for #250. It has three months validity but we know 250mb may not last for two weeks if you are a heavy internet user.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by Abdulmujeeb52(m): 2:41pm On Apr 18, 2018
faithfull18:

250mb goes for #250. It has three months validity but we know 250mb may not last for two weeks if you are an heavy user.
That's cool , I'll contact you shortly when needed.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by faithfull18(f): 2:46pm On Apr 18, 2018
Abdulmujeeb52:
That's cool , I'll contact you shortly when needed.

Okay, thank you.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) by Skyyoyo: 1:31pm On May 28, 2018
Does anybody know where I can get her books in Lagos?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The PACKAGE / 16+ My New Compound Chronicle With Mama Abi / Summary Of The Art Of War By Sun Tzu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.