Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge As A Writer? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge As A Writer? (992 Views)

12 Novels Considered The “Greatest Books Ever Written” / List Your Top Five Greatest Books / Achebe's 'things Fall Apart' Makes 12 'greatest Books Ever Written' List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge As A Writer? by Kindoo: 10:46am On Apr 18, 2018
Many think art is fun, it's weak, it 's nothing tough. To sing, dance, act, write... I doubt that. Art is life and life is a serious business. You should know so by now, if you are able to read this.

If you tell someone you are a writer, they think what you are doing is something cheap. 'Just to write. Anybody can write'
They don't think about you, giving an idea a shape that won't plagiarise another person's idea. Giving an idea that does not exist a real life touch that will get people seated for hours, reading and having fun.

They don't think of joining words together to have a meaningful thought. That takes a lot of thinking, asking, sometime reading and researching.

They don't think about the power to sustain your story in chronological order without a flop. All they love to do is to gulp it down, smiling.

They don't think about editing your work to make it presentable. Putting the punctuation marks in the right places, using the correct class of words. Making sure every sentence, clause, phrase and words are correct. That I think is the most tasking. You have to do it again and again, sometimes, you pay others to help you out.
The proofreading which one key stage every reader must go through, because it will give you the assurance that your work is done and you are good to publish.

All these do not take an hour, some time some write a work for months, making sure they are giving the best. Who says writing is cheap? let them write for the world to see(Smiles).

Another is getting your work to the right readers and be accepted. Sometimes, a work you have really put in mental energy and more, do not impress readers.

What of the challenge that comes with publishing your work, the rejection and other pranks that might come with making good sales. Thank God for E-publishing platforms that make publishing much easier.

Share with us, what has been your greatest challenge as a writer .

Visit www.wurastories.com.ng for interesting stories.

(1) (Reply)

My Experience With The Devil / My Housemaid - Episode 3 / My First Female Child Day Sweet Me For Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.