Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Islamic Dress For Men - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islamic Dress For Men (10707 Views)

What Is The Proper Islamic Dress Code For Women? / How To Dress For Salat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic Dress For Men by Rashduct4luv(m): 12:56pm On Apr 18, 2018
Question
Is there a mandatory Islamic dress for men?

Answer
Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds; and may His blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.

A person male or female, should cover the private parts (Awrah) acting according to the verse of Allah: {O Children of Adam! Take your adornment (by wearing your clean clothes), while praying and going round (the Tawâf of) the Ka'bah,….}[7:31].

Imam Al-Qurtubi said that this verse means that it is an obligation to cover the Awrah. Therefore, it is an obligation for men and women to cover their Awrah. The male clothing should be according to the following characteristics:

1) It is obligatory that the clothes cover the body from navel to knee, and it is recommended that the clothes cover the chest and the knees and spread downwards to the middle of the legs, and there is no harm to cover the whole legs but the clothes should not go below the ankles.
2) It should not be a see-through cloth that would reveal the Awrah.
3) It should not shape the Awrah.
4) It should not be made (wholly or partly) of silk or gold. It is reported in Sunan Abu Dawud, Nasa'e and in the Musnad of Imam Ahmad, that Ali, (Radiya Allahu Anhum) said that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) took a cloth of silk in his right hand and gold in his left hand and said: "These two are forbidden for the males of my Ummah."
5) It should not be imitating women. Bukhari reported in his Sahih that Ibn Abbas (Radiya Allahu Anhum) said: "The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) cursed men who imitate women, and cursed women who imitate men."
6) It should not imitate the Kufar, as the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said: "Whoever imitates a people, he is one of them." [reported by Abu Dawud in his Sunan, and Sheikh al- Albani classified it as sound and Sahih]
However, the best of clothes are the white clothes, as the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said: "Be clad in white clothes as this is the best of your clothes, and enshroud your dead people in them." [Reported by Ashab al-Sunan and Ahmad in his Musnad]

Allah knows best.

http://islamweb.net/emainpage/index.php?page=showfatwa&Option=FatwaId&lang=E&Id=87818

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Dress For Men by joenor(m): 9:51am On Apr 20, 2018
Ok Noted.
Re: Islamic Dress For Men by Lexusgs430: 9:57am On Apr 20, 2018
As nairaland don kuku convert me to muslim, make I comment............. Just wear jeans and t shirt .......

13 Likes

Re: Islamic Dress For Men by amstamon: 9:59am On Apr 20, 2018
Buba and shokoto with yellow helmet and pink sandals.. Best Islamic dressing for men

1 Like

Re: Islamic Dress For Men by idu1(m): 10:05am On Apr 20, 2018
ajibolabd:
Make una kuku dey dress like masquerade so that you can hide your knife and riffle wella, terrorists

Do you have sense at all?

4 Likes

Re: Islamic Dress For Men by binsanni(m): 10:07am On Apr 20, 2018
Allahu Akbar

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Dress For Men by joganut(m): 10:07am On Apr 20, 2018
Hypocrite.... Your women are forced to cover up like ninjas while the men freely work around with their balls hanging dipping in every sauce in town....

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Dress For Men by ajuji1(m): 10:10am On Apr 20, 2018
That is the beauty of Islam; it does not tolerate indecency, immorality.
Alhamdulillahi bi ni'imatil Islam (Thank you Allah for Islam)

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Dress For Men by sorextee(m): 10:11am On Apr 20, 2018
A typical Muslim man dressing is to wear a native and a cap. They value that their cap more Dan anything. A hausa Muslim man fit get only one native, with 20 caps. Dat cap can be worn from morning till night, without removing it(only wen dey want to pray).

1 Like

Re: Islamic Dress For Men by Bimpe29: 10:12am On Apr 20, 2018
You have not taken your drugs this morning. Quickly do so in order to recover your No6.

ajibolabd:
Make una kuku dey dress like masquerade so that you can hide your knife and riffle wella, terrorists

1 Like

Re: Islamic Dress For Men by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 20, 2018
Why don't the Muslim men dress like their women too?
I feel that Muslim women are slaves. Covering their whole body even when the weather is so hot.

Imagine little underage girls with hijab while the boys play shirtless or with light clothes.

7 Likes

Re: Islamic Dress For Men by STARKACE(m): 10:13am On Apr 20, 2018
It's obvious you Christians like to draw the first blood but, quick to cry foul, play the victim card, act up and judge others when you get reactions towards your actions. You always want to attack Muslims cos no Muslim will attack first unless if provoked

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islamic Dress For Men by ajuji1(m): 10:28am On Apr 20, 2018
joganut:
Hypocrite.... Your women are forced to cover up like ninjas while the men freely work around with their balls hanging dipping in every sauce in town....
I don't blame you, if you are not lazy try to explore about HIJAB (History, Philosophy, Benefits etc)
If you are a Christian I am sure you don't know anything about Christianity, even the fabricated idol you call mother of Jesus how does she dress?, how does the fake and untrue idol of Jesus dress?
If you find answers to these then I know you are not Illiterate.

Beside you may find these books to read
1. Women Between Islam and Western Society - Wahiduddin Khan
2. Why Women Are Accepting Islam - Muhammad Haneef Shahid

3. Report Summary:
'Hijab, Meaning, Identity, Otherization and Politics: British
Muslim Women'
(VOL. 4 of the British Muslims' Expectations Series, Summary)
A report by Saied R. Ameli and Arzu Merali for the Islamic Human Rights Commission.
4. Search engine (Google)

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Dress For Men by ajuji1(m): 10:35am On Apr 20, 2018
iyke926:
Why don't the Muslim men dress like their women too?
I feel that Muslim women are slaves. Covering their whole body even when the weather is so hot.

Imagine little underage girls with hijab while the boys play shirtless or with light clothes.

Your problem is ignorant/illiteracy, find time to check your Bible.
Ask your pastors why do they neglect the real teachings of the Bible (like dressing, praying, relationship, good and bad, women talking in public etc) and fabricate fairy-tales, lies for their congress, that lead most of the christians to be attacking anybody that dress decently especially women.

I challenge you to read your Bible and follow its teachings

5 Likes

Re: Islamic Dress For Men by anigbajumo(m): 10:48am On Apr 20, 2018
I can see the reaction of Christians above.We don't tolerate nude in Islam,there is nothing in real and social life Islam doesn't talk about except if u don't know it.It is the true religion from Allah.....Am always proud of my religion,Ma salam.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Dress For Men by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 20, 2018
Hey if you don't feel like following the rules, then don't , Islam does not force anybody to do anything after all everybody gets its own grave.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Dress For Men by habeebatstore: 10:56am On Apr 20, 2018
However, the best of clothes are the white clothes, as the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said: "Be clad in white clothes as this is the best of your clothes, and enshroud your dead people in them." [Reported by Ashab al-Sunan and Ahmad in his Musnad]. Well said Rasduct. It is important that the men cover their awrah just like Women do. It good to be clad in white Jalamia's and enjoy the crispness and freshness that comes with being clad in a white Jalamia like this Labib Jalamia
https://www.habeebat.com/product/labib-collared-male-thobe/
Re: Islamic Dress For Men by joganut(m): 11:00am On Apr 20, 2018
ajuji1:

I don't blame you, if you are not lazy try to explore about HIJAB (History, Philosophy, Benefits etc)
If you are a Christian I am sure you don't know anything about Christianity, even the fabricated idol you call mother of Jesus how does she dress?, how does the fake and untrue idol of Jesus dress?
If you find answers to these then I know you are not Illiterate.

Beside you may find these books to read
1. Women Between Islam and Western West - Wahiduddin Khan
2. Why Women Are Accepting Islam - Muhammad Haneef Shahid

3. Report Summary:
'Hijab, Meaning, Identity, Otherization and Politics: British
Muslim Women'
(VOL. 4 of the British Muslims' Expectations Series, Summary)
A report by Saied R. Ameli and Arzu Merali for the Islamic Human Rights Commission.
4. Search engine (Google)

You just proved my point... Don't worry it is the effect of addiction. Raging lunatic you need help.....

1 Like

Re: Islamic Dress For Men by delivryboy: 11:07am On Apr 20, 2018
Salamu Alaikum my brothers in Islam, it must have come to your notice that there are people who are determined to come on Islamic threads to make offensive comments to offend your sensitivities and to derail the thread from its original purpose. Inasmuch as it can appear annoying, giving such people their much needed attention will automatically grant them their desires. I hereby call on all Muslims to endure their taunts and mockery but while doing, ensure to ignore them no matter the ugliness of their word. The problem is not you, like the bible itself said "out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh, the ugliness is not in ours hearts but theirs. If we continue to totally ignore their comments, they would get exhausted and live. Thank you brothers and sisters.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islamic Dress For Men by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 20, 2018
ajuji1:

Ask your pastors why do they neglect the real teachings of the Bible (like dressing, praying, relationship, good and bad, women talking in public etc) and fabricate fairy-tales, lies for their congress, that lead most of the christians to be attacking anybody that dress decently especially women.

K
Re: Islamic Dress For Men by wtfcoded: 11:23am On Apr 20, 2018
Muslim clothing is nothing but an armory grin

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Dress For Men by adekhingz(m): 11:32am On Apr 20, 2018
joganut:

Re: Islamic Dress For Men by adekhingz(m): 11:33am On Apr 20, 2018
delivryboy:
Salamu Alaikum my brothers in Islam, it must have come to your notice that there are people who are determined to come on Islamic threads to make offensive comments to offend your sensitivities and to derail the thread from its original purpose. Inasmuch as it can appear annoying, giving such people their much needed attention will automatically grant them their desires. I hereby call on all Muslims to endure their taunts and mockery but while doing, ensure to ignore them no matter the ugliness of their word. The problem is not you, like the bible itself said "out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh, the ugliness is not in ours hearts but theirs. If we continue to totally ignore their comments, they would get exhausted and live. Thank you brothers and sisters.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Dress For Men by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 20, 2018
ajuji1:

And who told they don't teach that in churches?. Don't say what you don't know

1 Like

Re: Islamic Dress For Men by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 20, 2018
anigbajumo:
I can see the reaction of Christians above.We don't tolerate nude in Islam,there is nothing in real and social life Islam doesn't talk about except if u don't know it.It is the true religion from Allah.....Am always proud of my religion,Ma salam.
Una well-done for the by force convert grin grin grin grin grin
There is different between a Christian and a church goer. That is reason why many post things out of ignorance. The Bible doesn't support nudity,just lusting at a woman from afar is a sin talk more of dressing naked.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Dress For Men by sorextee(m): 12:04pm On Apr 20, 2018
Yeah. Very correct.

asuustrike2009:

There is different between a Christian and a church goer. That is reason why many post things out of ignorance. The Bible doesn't support nudity,just lusting at a woman from afar is a sin talk more of dressing naked.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Dress For Men by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 20, 2018
idu1:

Do you have sense at all?
i dont think so maybe we should pray for him
Re: Islamic Dress For Men by anigbajumo(m): 1:45pm On Apr 20, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Lol,I always indoor on every Sunday morning just to avoid nudity from ur kinsmen while going to church (place of worship) am 100% sure u understand better..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ruling On Raping / Pls Is Islamic Naming The 7th Day Or 8th Day ? / Why Do Muslims Pay Zakat ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.