Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,285 members, 7,860,667 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:03 PM

My New Job Is To Honour Gani Fawehinmi, Says -keyamo - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My New Job Is To Honour Gani Fawehinmi, Says -keyamo (365 Views)

Eedris Abdulkareem Was Once Desperate To Support Buhari, Says Keyamo / Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Awards For Students 2019 (APPLY NOW) - Talkgeria / Charly Boy Makes U-turn, Says Keyamo Didn't Pay Him Any Money [FULL VIDEO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My New Job Is To Honour Gani Fawehinmi, Says -keyamo by IROHINOodua: 3:59pm On Apr 18, 2018
My new job is to honour Gani Fawehinmi, says -Keyamo
By Bola Anibaba
Lagos radical lawyer has said that part of the reasons he accepted to serve as the spokesperson of President Mohammadu Buhari’s reelection bid was to honour his late boss, Chief Gani Fawehinmi who until his death was an ardent supporter of Buhari. Keyamo was a cub lawyer in late Fawehinmi’s chambers.
Keyamo also said his acceptance to serve as the Spokesperson of President Mohammadu Buhari’s re-election bid was informed by public interest. In a statement made available to Irohinoodua, Keyamo said “I wholeheartedly and proudly accepted the challenge to do this for the good of my country and for posterity. For in President Buhari I have found an approximation of the lofty values I cherish and have fought for all my life.”
He said in the past two and half decades, he had been under intense public scrutiny while engaging successive governments (military and civilian) in the most critical way possible.
“The public has also watched me grow steadily all the way from that young, restless lawyer to the exalted position of a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN). In the process of my restless and relentless engagements of the authorities, I have been hounded, arrested, detained, paraded like a criminal, charged and discharged from courts severally, but remain unbowed. Hence, some of us have been branded as “radicals” and seen as completely apolitical.”
Keyamo said the ultimate aim of every struggle is not really to enthrone a perfect, flawless system. “Only the starry-eyed, younger ones think such is possible. That is Utopia. Rather, the ultimate aim of the struggle is to enthrone a government (yes, even with the normal human flaws) that is focused, determined and fiercely opposed to the unscrupulous wheeler-dealers in the society, committed to protecting the interests of the down-trodden, the weak and vulnerable.”
He said one of the obvious ways ensure a better society was to ensure that what belongs to all is not cornered by a few; and if they do so, to ensure that they are made to account and brought to justice. I can boldly say that no Government in the history of Nigeria has recovered so much looted funds as that of President Muhammadu Buhari.
According to him, the fact that the Buhari regime has clearly chosen this path in protecting the masses is one of the many reasons why he is proud and bold about his support for the re-election bid of President Muhammadu Buhari.
He said “In doing this, I take a cue from my revered late boss, Chief Gani Fawehinmi, SAN who mentored me. Throughout his career, he also consistently and fiercely engaged every government in Nigeria and suffered as a result. Guess what? THE ONLY GOVERNMENT HE FULLY SUPPORTED THROUGHOUT HIS LIFETIME was that led by General Muhammdu Buhari in 1984 – 1985; and that was to the chagrin of some of his professional colleagues and fellow “radicals”. However, he saw what they did not see at that time, because when that government was overthrown by General Babangida, what followed was the worst era in our history in terms of institutionalizing corruption and political chicanery in Nigeria.
He said in 2007 Presidential election, Gani Fawehinmi endorsed General Buhari in the following words: “When we talk of anti-corruption war, there is no way you will exclude General Buhari. I don’t want to hear what a political party is going to do, whether ANPP or PDP or NDP or which other political organization. Tell me who is leading the party, tell me who is leading the government, that’s my concern. It’s a matter of leadership. This is a serious election, very serious one”.
Re: My New Job Is To Honour Gani Fawehinmi, Says -keyamo by menzino(m): 4:16pm On Apr 18, 2018
Unfortunately you are doing exactly the opposite..

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Attack Leaves At Least A Dozen Cameroonians Dead / Killings In The Country From Jan1 To April30 2018. Reason Why Senate Invited IGP / Democracy Day Holiday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.