Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,123 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Story Of A Mother Who Often Gets Mistaken To Be Her Own Daughter’s Sister (photo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Story Of A Mother Who Often Gets Mistaken To Be Her Own Daughter’s Sister (photo (912 Views)

Man Mistaken To Be James Nwafor Of Akwuzu SARS Beaten / Rasheed Sholabi Rapes His Own Daughter For 4 Years, Damages Her Bladder / Boy Abadoned In Benin By Mother Who Was Fleeing From Security Operative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Story Of A Mother Who Often Gets Mistaken To Be Her Own Daughter’s Sister (photo by citynews: 11:20pm On Apr 18, 2018
This mum and daughter are regularly mistaken for sisters, despite their 21-year age gap.

At 43 years old, singleton Sarah Niblock, from Manchester, still gets asked for ID on nights out – especially when shes’ with 22-year-old daughter Holly.

She said: “When we’ve been out together, I’ve even been asked for ID a couple of times, which is hilarious. I’m a forty-something mum-of-three – I haven’t thought about ID for years!”

Events coordinator Sarah, who’s also mum to Milly, 20, and Harvey, 18, says her girls have helped keep her looking young – by giving her make-up and fashion advice.

“The girls love showing me off. They’ll show their friends pictures of me, and nobody can believe I’m their mum. We get people mistaking Holly and me for sisters all the time,” she said.

“A few times friends have said to me, ‘That’s a really nice picture of you on Facebook or Instagram,’ when it isn’t me at all – it’s Holly.”

When Sarah reveals her true age, she says people assume she’s had extensive plastic surgery.

But, apart from having Botox injections every six months for the past four years, she is completely natural.

“About three of four times a week, people ask about my lips,” she said. “Nobody ever believes it, but they’re completely natural.

“If you look at the girls and Harvey, they’ve got the same big lips too.”

Having such a young looking mum hasn’t always been easy for showjumping groom Holly, whose mates all fancied her mum at school.

One night, her date spent most of the night asking about Sarah – after briefly meeting her when picking Holly up.

“Back when I was younger, it would wind me up. Boys of my age would go on about Mum, calling her a MILF,” said Holly.

She added: “Once, a mean girl said to me, ‘Your mum is so pretty – how does she have such an ugly daughter?’ which obviously hurt.

“But Mum told me not to listen, and that they were just trying to get a rise out of me.

“Now, though, I find it quite funny and I’m really proud of Mum.

“She gets chatted up everywhere – once a bloke even shouted, ‘What’s your number?’ out of his car window at her, as we were driving down the motorway.”

Despite all the attempts to ask her out, Sarah says she hasn’t been on a date “in forever” – but is on Tinder, where men aren’t always complimentary.

“I get called fake and plastic, or people assume I’ve got this massive ego,” she said.

“But, just because I have blonde Barbie hair, it doesn’t mean I’m a fake or nasty person.”

She added: “I like to look after myself, it makes me feel more confident and it isn’t hurting anyone.

“I know I can’t look like this forever and that the long blonde hair has to go at some point, so I can grow old gracefully, but I’m happy for now. I do this for me – not anyone else.”

Holly says she thinks the jibes are down to jealousy, while Sarah insists she does have boundaries with her kids.

“They’d never get me in a club,” she said. “We just go to nice bars for cocktails, or dinners together.

“We are all very close, but at the end of the day, I know I’m their mum first, not their mate.

“In the past, I have tried to tone down my look, but I just felt frumpy, and not myself.

“Deep down, I think I am uncomfortable with ageing, but getting a bit of Botox now and then is no more than other women my age are doing.”

Holly said: “My friends will ask, ‘What you up to this weekend?’ and laugh when I tell them I’m heading out with my mum and sister.

“I’m sure Harvey will join us too, one day – though he’s a lot more sensible than us three.

“I love the way she is, and I hope if I ever have a daughter we have a relationship like mine and Mum’s.

“She’s still a mum at the end of the day and has those boundaries – she just looks more glam.”

Re: Story Of A Mother Who Often Gets Mistaken To Be Her Own Daughter’s Sister (photo by danny56: 12:16am On Apr 19, 2018
I still can tell which is the Mom from the daughter. But wait o....at what age did she gave to her daughter sef.? undecided
Re: Story Of A Mother Who Often Gets Mistaken To Be Her Own Daughter’s Sister (photo by Nobody: 5:20am On Apr 19, 2018
Well they look alike lol, but the age difference doesn't add up, and op please try shortening your essay so the mods can find it easier to move to front page thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Story Of A Mother Who Often Gets Mistaken To Be Her Own Daughter’s Sister (photo by fotadmowmend(m): 7:35am On Apr 19, 2018
Hmm

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: 10 Killed As Herdsmen Attack Guma In Benue / Uganda Ritualists Caught With Roasted Babies - Photos / Woman Who Returned Home Late In The Night Attacks Husband With Hot Water. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.