Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,730 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games (29527 Views)

Athletes Representing Nigeria At Commonwealth Games, Birmingham 2022 (Full List) / Ime Udoka Is The Boston Celtics' New Coach And First Nigerian NBA Head Coach / FG Rewards Athletes At The Commonwealth Games. See How Much They Got (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games by TIDDOLL(m): 12:52pm On Apr 19, 2018
If everybody fit disappear commot this country

Naija go don Empty undecided
Re: Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 19, 2018
BrainnewsNg:
Are They Tired Of Nigeria Already? cry
are u not tired of Nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games by Donopsiano(m): 12:53pm On Apr 19, 2018
Coach dosnt want to be with Lazy Nigerian youths anymore........
Re: Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games by TheTrueSeeker: 12:53pm On Apr 19, 2018
“This is very embarrassing to us because as a head coach, I expected him to act like father to the athletes. But our head coach disappeared into the thin air even before the Games were concluded.”

'Na Bermuda Triangle Ni...!!!

You mean they disappeared into thin air, just like that...?
Re: Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games by Judolisco(m): 12:53pm On Apr 19, 2018
Even buhari escape go london now
Re: Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games by ubs123(m): 12:54pm On Apr 19, 2018
The one dullard did in London, what do u call it? MI
Re: Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games by RexEmmyGee: 12:54pm On Apr 19, 2018
all in the name of greener pastures. I strongly agree with vector in his song gunshots. He said if you*govt* made it easy, the people will not have to travel. God save nigeria
Re: Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games by ejembi28(m): 12:54pm On Apr 19, 2018
ezera:
They need to keep an eye on Buhari. He must not disappear until he heads to Daura. #BacktoDaura

No soooo my brother.
Re: Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games by ogogoroNo1: 12:54pm On Apr 19, 2018
Hehehe, everybody wants to disappear o
Re: Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games by CapitanS: 12:55pm On Apr 19, 2018
The hustle is real
Re: Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games by ooshinibos: 12:59pm On Apr 19, 2018
I don't blame them ,Nigeria is an acronym ..and an embarrassment to the black race
Re: Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games by uzeba(m): 1:00pm On Apr 19, 2018
what do you want them to come and do back here!!! nawa oooo
Re: Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games by uzeba(m): 1:01pm On Apr 19, 2018
what do you want them to come and do back here!!! nawa oooo
Re: Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 1:02pm On Apr 19, 2018
Larryslim:
That's the best thing to do!
Coming back to this country is like going to Heaven,then willingly you requested to go to Hell
grin But why escape through such illegal means. They are supposed to be patriotic to the latter because they are there representing the Nation. If it were fans that did that, it could have been a different case. Its such a huge embarrassment.
Re: Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games by Sagay212: 1:04pm On Apr 19, 2018
Lol..after people will be crying that they were denied visa to foreign countries. Una never see anything.
Re: Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games by des4ella(m): 1:05pm On Apr 19, 2018
If na me sef...Na lost I go lost too.
Re: Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games by Xander85: 1:06pm On Apr 19, 2018
Afam4eva:
They ran at the right time unlike the Cameroonian athletes that couldn't even wait to see if they will win a medal. If you must run, wait till the climax of the show.

Exactly! Especially if you win a gold medal. I'd probably have done the same if i was in their shoes
Re: Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games by Captain8(m): 1:08pm On Apr 19, 2018
Who swallow our full coaches o? u ar soppose to swallow buhari na u dis vampire
Re: Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games by dammytosh: 1:13pm On Apr 19, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games by martineverest(m): 1:16pm On Apr 19, 2018
Cromcruach91:
Hmmm

Sports got N2 billion in this year's budget....95% of which went for overheads.

Also, this did not start yesterday.

Glory Alozie defected some years ago to Spain. Nigeria was paying her $2000 a month as salary. Spain offered her $24000 a month plus two free coaches, and a physio.

Francis Obikwelu defected to Portugal...and not only won silver in the 100m at 2004 olympics...he also became more finacially secure.

Either we markedly increase the budget for sports....OR we talke another loan, OR we start paying heavier taxes. Or we blame Bubu and GEJ and corruption.

Unless you think Nigeria can pay its athletes much better.

(Other African athletes too also defect.)
ur comment is out of point......they escaped and not change of allegiance.thats illegal.obikwelu,alozie and co only switched allegiance,which is legal.

is those sportsmen think they are wise,I pity them ...cost it's the highest display of foolishness....they will surely be apprehended
Re: Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games by flamingfire24(m): 1:16pm On Apr 19, 2018
return back to naija where things are actually geting from bad to worse.
Re: Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 19, 2018
martineverest:
ur comment is out of point......they escaped and not change of allegiance.thats illegal.obikwelu,alozie and co only switched allegiance,which is legal.

is those sportsmen think they are wise,I pity them ...cost it's the highest display of foolishness....they will surely be apprehended

They have the same(general, not exact) idea as Obikwelu et al...defect, do some sports on the side, hope someone from the Australian federation would notice them and give them a job...and then legalize their stay.

One Sierra Leonean did the same in England after the 2012 olympics. Overstayed his visa, with the idea that he would do some sports on the side, and hopefully get into school, and then into the UK athletics setup. Did not work.
Re: Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games by Larryslim(m): 1:21pm On Apr 19, 2018
CofOLandOfPeace:

grin But why escape through such illegal means. They are supposed to be patriotic to the latter because they are there representing the Nation. If it were fans that did that, it could have been a different case. Its such a huge embarrassment.
I know,but if na you nko?
Won't you do the same??
Re: Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 19, 2018
Andrewgame42:
Who am I to judge
I just got my Russia visa for world cup
I know am not coming to naija with my clear eyes... They will have to deport me if they want me to leave Europe

Oya Gberaaaa. Badt boy.
Re: Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games by ahamonyeka(m): 1:25pm On Apr 19, 2018
so, make dem come take handshake ba?

if I see such opportunity I go move even before the game just like the Cameroun did.
Re: Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games by Fela4ese: 1:31pm On Apr 19, 2018
Andrewgame42:
Who am I to judge
I just got my Russia visa for world cup
I know am not coming to naija with my clear eyes... They will have to deport me if they want me to leave Europe
hahahahaha good one
Re: Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games by smartiyke78: 1:32pm On Apr 19, 2018
Congratulation 2 dem. Dats indeed d best dcision to take. What are dey expectd 2 com nd cntinue doin in dis shhit hole calld a kontry .
Re: Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games by Gabriel6(m): 1:36pm On Apr 19, 2018
i have won a ticket from coca-cola to go watch the 2018 world cup in russia. But guess what! Iam going to sare kabakaba (run like no tomorrow). I dey craxz wey i no go escape? Thunder fire buhari
Re: Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games by martineverest(m): 1:41pm On Apr 19, 2018
Cromcruach91:

They have the same(general, not exact) idea as Obikwelu et al...defect, do some sports on the side, hope someone from the Australian federation would notice them and give them a job...and then legalize their stay.

One Sierra Leonean did the same in England after the 2012 olympics. Overstayed his visa, with the idea that he would do some sports on the side, and hopefully get into school, and then into the UK athletics setup. Did not work.
defection is different from absconding...most defectors especially those from East Africa were either poached by by aspiring nations or contacted the aspiring nations,which is legal
Re: Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games by Burgerlomo: 1:45pm On Apr 19, 2018
Those are my niggas. Biko, make una no vex dem just disappear from una just commonwealth go find uncommon and abundance wealth cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games by Blingblings(m): 1:47pm On Apr 19, 2018
At least it's better than trekking through the desert..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AFCON: Nigeria High Commission Issues Advisory To Nigerians In South Africa / Gernot Rohr Invites New Defender For Brazil Friendly / Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.