Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

10 Capitalization Rules - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 10 Capitalization Rules (304 Views)

See The 5 Rules Of Spending / Some Social Rules That May Help You Look Professional / Pic: The Dress Code Rule Guiding Call To Bar In Nigeria. She Signed The Rules (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Capitalization Rules by TheReadyWriters: 12:58pm On Apr 20, 2018
At first glance, the rules of capitalization in English might seem very easy, but as you write you might find out that capitalization goes beyond proper nouns and the first word of every sentence. Thus, here are 10 capitalization rules you should know for a well written write-up:

Capitalize the first word of every sentence.
“I” is always capitalized, along with all its contractions.
Example: I can do it.
Example: I’ll do it tomorrow.
Example: I’m going to do it now.
Capitalize the first word of a quoted sentence.
Example: She said, “I can do this.”

Read more at: http://www.thereadywriters.net/10-capitalization-rules/

(1) (Reply)

Disability By Gbubemi Adeneye(part One) / Self Worth – Your Life Is What You Make Of It / One Month Intensive Skill Acquisition Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 4
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.